Best Color Scheme in Sports

JCRGraphix

GOdGR92.jpg

Best color scheme in sports (it's so clean)and best uniform in football at any level. It saddens me that there is not a red and white only team in the NFL.

There isn't?

Anquan-Boldin-Arizona-Cardinals_1198712.jpg

You could probably also argue that the Chiefs are basically red and white, with very minimal yellow accents.

I completely forgot about Arizona. But they :censored:t it up with that god awful piping. The Chiefs I just don't like the striping on their uniforms. Throws the whole thing off. Oklahoma wears it best, IMO.

except Oklahoma is technically "Rust" not Red ;)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I want to go super duper homer mode, automatically blue and orange considering two of my favorite pro teams use it and my alma mater uses it in the reversed fashion.

Come to think about it, though, orange works with quite a few other looks. Obviously black, but also green and purple

I agree with you. Orange and blue is one of my favorite color schemes too. I mean, just look how beautiful these 3 uniforms are:

jordaneberletaylorhall2.jpg

12532550-standard.jpg

1278224649-92.jpg

As well, I like any color scheme with yellow because there really is no color that doesn't go well with it (except for orange)

Blue/Green has always been my favorite combo, but it can really vary depending on the shades each team uses. I really liked the 90's Wolves use of them

I agree. The Canucks execute it pretty well, IMO

canucks2_021408.jpg

spacer.png

Agree with those that said purple and orange. It'll be a crying shame if the Phoenix Suns actually drop that color scheme in favor of the oh-so-boring black and orange (no offense Bengals, Orioles, Giants and Halloween fans).

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

But for my money the best of all time is this beauty:

Powder+Blue+Mike+Schmidt.jpg

That probably belongs in the unpopular opinion thread though.

I like the Philly's home and away uniforms from that era. I like the colors and the logo.

Blue/Green has always been my favorite combo, but it can really vary depending on the shades each team uses. I really liked the 90's Wolves use of them

I agree. The Canucks execute it pretty well, IMO

canucks2_021408.jpg

I think green and royal blue make a good combo.

1964Mets_zps5975021c.jpg

As a Mets fan, I've always been partial to blue and orange.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I've always loved the blue and green especially when I see pictures of the Atlanta Hawks in it.

pistol_240_hawks.jpg

And I'll second that Oregon yellow/grey combo. I've always thought that was sharp too, in every iteration of it.

My out-there pick is the original D-Backs look. Of all the 90's teams to use teal I thought they looked the best with the inclusion of black and copper along with the complementary purple.

Arizona-Diamondbacks-1998-Inaugural-Season-Patch-Custom-New-Era-Hats-Grey-underbrim-500x379.jpg

But for my money the best of all time is this beauty:

Powder+Blue+Mike+Schmidt.jpg

That probably belongs in the unpopular opinion thread though.

That Phillies color scheme isn't too bad but that moustache is questionable. Lol.

Those Atlanta unis are pretty great too. The striping pattern reminds me of Jackie Moon and the Flint Tropics. That must have been their inspiration.

More favorites....

Toronto-Blue-Jays-Retro-New-Era-Fitted-hat-Greay-under-brim-dark-gray-500x379.jpg

(Great color scheme wasted on terrible logos and execution. There was no reason why that beautiful shade of blue shouldn't have been showcased as much as possible. And the charcoal and black matched the additional coloration of an actual blue jay.)

4811.gif

1bl7aiirgkvvrhr5z7of4mi8s.gif

1849.gif

Count me in also as a fan of the aforementioned Mariners and Sharks (with orange) color schemes.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived