Detroit in MLS?

dgthree

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No love for 'Detroit Rock City'?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Why so European? Why not something original?

Also, could they bring back the Michigan Panthers colors of royal plum, champagne and light blue?

So original on the name but not on the colors?

There's a flood of FCs lately. TFC and FCD, NYCFC.....

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

SC (Small Chance) Detroit

1- The story only referred to a Facebook page and the sub-heading used the words, "grass roots".

2- No quotes from anyone associated. I'll assume the former girlfriend of Manti Te'o is a key investor.

I suppose it could be like the X-Games and be a bust. I am holding out hope, because i would love to see a local Soccer team in MI.

Why so European? Why not something original?

Also, could they bring back the Michigan Panthers colors of royal plum, champagne and light blue?

So original on the name but not on the colors?

A color scheme only used by one club in the country and not for 30 years is still plenty original.

1- The story only referred to a Facebook page and the sub-heading used the words, "grass roots".

2- No quotes from anyone associated. I'll assume the former girlfriend of Manti Te'o is a key investor.

I suppose it could be like the X-Games and be a bust. I am holding out hope, because i would love to see a local Soccer team in MI.

What about Detroit City? I hear they have a hige fan base for an NPSL team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

There a too many cities that are more viable options ahead of Detroit...and I can't imagine this working given their economic climate.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I think the Bucks have a decent following as well. Soccer in Michigan has been successful, at least as far as lower level teams go. I do not see why the MLS wouldn't succeed in MI.

I would be shocked, stunned, and baffled if Detroit gets an MLS franchise before Orlando, Miami, or Atlanta.

Orlando is already closer to official than Detroit is, Miami is assumed to be Beckham's ownership option and Atlanta isn't even in the same conversation.

I think the Bucks have a decent following as well. Soccer in Michigan has been successful, at least as far as lower level teams go. I do not see why the MLS wouldn't succeed in MI.

Because nobody has money and an SSS should be so far down on Detroit's to do list that they'll never get to it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because nobody has money and an SSS should be so far down on Detroit's to do list that they'll never get to it.

The unfinished prison site would be converted and there is a private funder who has already pledged the funds. If the team was awarded, the Stadium would go up quick.

Do we have a name and source of wealth for this funder/madman?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived