High School Football Uniforms 2013 (Keep it Interesting)

Brave-Bird 08

I've been working on the media guide at the local newspaper on the Cobb Co. football teams here in NW Atlanta. A lot of photos with guys in game jerseys up close recently, which has kind of sparked my interest in high school teams uniforms. Sometimes they do a better job of some colleges at keeping a good look...while some become just outright ridiculous.

Here's some good and bad from my county. As far as I know these are the uniforms they will be wearing this year.

South Cobb Eagles (Austell)

1GGK_Westlake_At_South_Cobb03.jpg

untitled-30-M.jpg

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those helmet's gradient is pretty bad

It reminds me of San Diego State's helmets from the early 2000's. Which IMO were sexy.

228375195_cb92b64555_o.jpg

Anyway, I heard from my friend(who plays football) that my school; Collins Hill(Suwanee, GA) is getting matte green helmets this year. As far as I know, they'll be a dark matte metallic green, which will look great IMO.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Those helmet's gradient is pretty bad

It reminds me of San Diego State's helmets from the early 2000's. Which IMO were sexy.

228375195_cb92b64555_o.jpg

Anyway, I heard from my friend(who plays football) that my school; Collins Hill(Suwanee, GA) is getting matte green helmets this year. As far as I know, they'll be a dark matte metallic green, which will look great IMO.

How is this even possible?

Beat me to it.

Matte-metallic for Matte-metallic's sake?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Beat me to it.

no i meant, is it possible to have a finish that is both metallic and matte, they are complete opposites

This was an assumption by me, since we had metallic green helmets in the past. Turns out we are just using flat dark green matte helmets. They look pretty nice IMO.

22287026_BG1.jpg

Matte metallic green and other colors is possible though.

Matte_Green.jpg

mercedes-s63-amg-wrapped-in-matte-blue-metallic-photo-gallery_4.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

My high school is about to get new unis, our coach won't unveil until fall practice starts. We did get all white helmets for our spring game. They looked terrible with our old unis. we are in blue.

IMG_0113-200x133.jpg

When we do get our new unis ill be sure to post them.

Unfortunately my high school is getting NEW BADASS BLACK UNIFORMS even though we already have a near flawless blue/silver look. So yeah, it's BFBS. I haven't seen the full uniform, but I believe we will be wearing a matte black helmet, blue jersey, and black pants. I've tried talking to most kids about how much of a downgrade this is going to be, but the common response seems to be "uhhh they're black so they're cool as hell". Pretty sure I post these every year, but here's the old ones:

e18e386c-42c4-5495-988e-6df648139967.image.jpg

(ignore the clearly stolen Seminole spear)

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Beat me to it.

no i meant, is it possible to have a finish that is both metallic and matte, they are complete opposites

This was an assumption by me, since we had metallic green helmets in the past. Turns out we are just using flat dark green matte helmets. They look pretty nice IMO.

22287026_BG1.jpg

I don't know if the "metallic" helmets were a one hit wonder but you are probably thinking in line when they got new standard gloss finish helmets. As a 2007 graduate from that very school I know I never had metallic anything.

Unfortunately my high school is getting NEW BADASS BLACK UNIFORMS even though we already have a near flawless blue/silver look. So yeah, it's BFBS. I haven't seen the full uniform, but I believe we will be wearing a matte black helmet, blue jersey, and black pants. I've tried talking to most kids about how much of a downgrade this is going to be, but the common response seems to be "uhhh they're black so they're cool as hell". Pretty sure I post these every year, but here's the old ones:

Nearly flawless uniform? I see 3 separate uniform elements there that in no way connected. It's a disjointed mess, those.

Helmet: silver/blue/minimal white

Jersey: Blue/white

Pants: (ignoring the mismatched stripe from the Jersey) gray, blue, BLACK.

I'm thinking the new BFBS uniform you speak of actually might be better, actually.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Nearly flawless uniform? I see 3 separate uniform elements there that in no way connected. It's a disjointed mess, those.

I'm thinking the new BFBS uniform you speak of actually might be better, actually.

Flawless was a poor choice of words. I meant as far as color schemes go, (silver/blue/silver) it was pretty darn good. The pants stripe is incredibly out of place, yes. But I don't really see any problem with the jersey and helmet together.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I've been working on the media guide at the local newspaper on the Cobb Co. football teams here in NW Atlanta. A lot of photos with guys in game jerseys up close recently, which has kind of sparked my interest in high school teams uniforms. Sometimes they do a better job of some colleges at keeping a good look...while some become just outright ridiculous.

Here's some good and bad from my county. As far as I know these are the uniforms they will be wearing this year.

South Cobb Eagles (Austell)

1GGK_Westlake_At_South_Cobb03.jpg

untitled-30-M.jpg

Oh lawdy! SoCobb what happened??? Better question, where did they get the money for those?!?! I call for a GHSA investigation! ;)

Sadly down around me in South GA there's not much to report. To much history and pride down here in the high school teams to change things around. Camden is the only exception to that I suppose but I don't think they're getting new unis this year. All is calm in the SEC of HS football.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Beat me to it.

22287026_BG1.jpg

I don't know if the "metallic" helmets were a one hit wonder but you are probably thinking in line when they got new standard gloss finish helmets. As a 2007 graduate from that very school I know I never had metallic anything.

If you look at pics from Taylor Heinicke's days there, the helmets are metallic.

spacer.png

Flawless was a poor choice of words. I meant as far as color schemes go, (silver/blue/silver) it was pretty darn good. The pants stripe is incredibly out of place, yes. But I don't really see any problem with the jersey and helmet together.

Agreed. The pants stripe makes it horrible

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

What in the hell kind of creature is that supposed to be on that gold helmet?

What in the hell kind of creature is that supposed to be on that gold helmet?

look at the logo on his pants...

Archived