miami (ohio) football uniforms

lancealot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply hideous. The only thing I remotely like about them is the numbers, but I don't like the "crack" sublimation or the chrome outline.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Needs more stripes

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Adidas is by far the worst designer in professional American sports. They should be embarrassed.

They're not the worst as long as Russell is still around.

And this is college, not professional sports. So save your hyperbole.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

extreme overreaction. thats what i think, because everyones flipping out over these. i dont even think they're the worst uniform we've seem this year (So. Miss) and far from the worst in CFB (G Tech). like most things in sports, as a whole there is a lack of unity and consistency, too many ideas in one spot; what we've seen over the last 3 years, i'd say this is below average. i like the helmet and the jersey/pants are fine. its the pasted MIAMI stuff on both that kills it. if they showed just a little restraint here, it would improve the whole design greatly.

the other thing is adidas gets all the blame for it, like "poor Miami Ohio, look at this crap they've been forced to wear". the school is the client. in the end, this is what they wanted.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

extreme overreaction. thats what i think, because everyones flipping out over these. i dont even think they're the worst uniform we've seem this year (So. Miss) and far from the worst in CFB (G Tech). like most things in sports, as a whole there is a lack of unity and consistency, too many ideas in one spot; what we've seen over the last 3 years, i'd say this is below average. i like the helmet and the jersey/pants are fine. its the pasted MIAMI stuff on both that kills it. if they showed just a little restraint here, it would improve the whole design greatly.

the other thing is adidas gets all the blame for it, like "poor Miami Ohio, look at this crap they've been forced to wear". the school is the client. in the end, this is what they wanted.

Amen. It's over the top. Which i'm sure they were going for. If you're Miami of Ohio, you may feel the need to make some sort of gesture to get noticed in a football crazy state like Ohio. This is...a way.

Amen. It's over the top. Which i'm sure they were going for. If you're Miami of Ohio, you may feel the need to make some sort of gesture to get noticed in a football crazy state like Ohio. This is...a way.

A way to get noticed? OK... I see that. So this is the football equivalent of a talentless bimbo "leaking" her own sex tape... got it.

A way to get noticed? OK... I see that. So this is the football equivalent of a talentless bimbo "leaking" her own sex tape... got it.

Peacocking reaches the football world.

I didn't think the new Jacksonville Jaguars helmet could be topped... But Adidas, done done it.

Is there anyone with access to Adidas? Can anyone fill us in on their train of thought? Are they really this out of touch with what looks even mildly decent? I thought the special edition Final Four basketball uniforms were bad, but this is a whole new level. Is Adidas really this desperate where they are just trying ANYTHING in hopes someone, somewhere, at least kinda likes it?

Nike has got to be so excited every time Adidas does a new uniform unveil. I mean, everything Adidas does is terrible. Even with Nikes terrible North Carolina and California reboots, those were still Infinetely better Adidias is doing.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I didn't think the new Jacksonville Jaguars helmet could be topped... But Adidas, done done it.

Is there anyone with access to Adidas? Can anyone fill us in on their train of thought? Are they really this out of touch with what looks even mildly decent? I thought the special edition Final Four basketball uniforms were bad, but this is a whole new level. Is Adidas really this desperate where they are just trying ANYTHING in hopes someone, somewhere, at least kinda likes it?

Nike has got to be so excited every time Adidas does a new uniform unveil. I mean, everything Adidas does is terrible. Even with Nikes terrible North Carolina and California reboots, those were still Infinetely better Adidias is doing.

I think the prevailing thought here is that this uniform is less Adidas saying "here, wear this" and more Miami saying "look at all these crazy options available... give us one of each!" Hard to picture Adidas picking Miami as the recipient of all these new "innovations". Which isn't to say Adidas is blameless... I'm not sure why a design firm with any sense of proper sports aesthetics would even make garbage like this available. A fail all around.

So XTREME!!!!

But seriously though, it does basically seem to build on current trends in football unis, particularly in the NCAA. This uber-futuristic thing is the way the wind has been blowing for some time. This appears to be the next step in that direction.

Archived