miami (ohio) football uniforms

lancealot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that newspaper article

[Miami] is the only school in adidas apparel to boast the school name on the shoulders of the jersey

just_because_you_re_unique_doesn_t_mean_you_re_useful_big.jpg

but which fork is most memorable?

Seriously? I guess the one that some 17 year old idiot called kewl right before he stabbed himself in the eye with it while trying to eat..

Not only is it awful, they also ripped off Nike:

tx1EbYD.jpg

Well, to be fair, for quite a while now Nike has thrown uncountable numbers of "innovations" onto Oregon uniforms. Good, bad, attractive, ugly, useful, ridiculous, and everything in between. I guess if you really wanted to, every time a team trots out something stupid on their uniform, with absolutely no research at all, you can probably say they're "ripping off Oregon".

I like the combination of the red and white color scheme. However, that is about it. That helment HAS to go. I'm also not a fan of the "MIAMI" across the shoulders (from an above view). The wording looks kind of odd.

IMO not as ugly as Oregon's uniform combinations, but close on the list. I give these a FAIL.

[Miami] is the only school in adidas apparel to boast the school name on the shoulders of the jersey

Seriously? I guess the one that some 17 year old idiot called kewl right before he stabbed himself in the eye with it while trying to eat..

then, grasshopper, you see the point of what they're trying to do.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

then, grasshopper, you see the point of what they're trying to do.

Blind everybody? Wait, maybe I do see it... those Miami uniforms do make me want to jab a fork in my eye.

I didn't think the new Jacksonville Jaguars helmet could be topped... But Adidas, done done it.

Is there anyone with access to Adidas? Can anyone fill us in on their train of thought? Are they really this out of touch with what looks even mildly decent? I thought the special edition Final Four basketball uniforms were bad, but this is a whole new level. Is Adidas really this desperate where they are just trying ANYTHING in hopes someone, somewhere, at least kinda likes it?

Nike has got to be so excited every time Adidas does a new uniform unveil. I mean, everything Adidas does is terrible. Even with Nikes terrible North Carolina and California reboots, those were still Infinetely better Adidias is doing.

I think the prevailing thought here is that this uniform is less Adidas saying "here, wear this" and more Miami saying "look at all these crazy options available... give us one of each!" Hard to picture Adidas picking Miami as the recipient of all these new "innovations". Which isn't to say Adidas is blameless... I'm not sure why a design firm with any sense of proper sports aesthetics would even make garbage like this available. A fail all around.

But someone within Adidas had thought of these ideas (or ripped them from terrible 90s ideas), and presented them to Miami saying hey, we got some ideas, we can do all these different things, etc. Regardless if Miami wants a cluster F of terrible looking combos, Adidas still had to bring the ideas to the Redhawks.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I didn't think the new Jacksonville Jaguars helmet could be topped... But Adidas, done done it.

Is there anyone with access to Adidas? Can anyone fill us in on their train of thought? Are they really this out of touch with what looks even mildly decent? I thought the special edition Final Four basketball uniforms were bad, but this is a whole new level. Is Adidas really this desperate where they are just trying ANYTHING in hopes someone, somewhere, at least kinda likes it?

Nike has got to be so excited every time Adidas does a new uniform unveil. I mean, everything Adidas does is terrible. Even with Nikes terrible North Carolina and California reboots, those were still Infinetely better Adidias is doing.

I think the prevailing thought here is that this uniform is less Adidas saying "here, wear this" and more Miami saying "look at all these crazy options available... give us one of each!" Hard to picture Adidas picking Miami as the recipient of all these new "innovations". Which isn't to say Adidas is blameless... I'm not sure why a design firm with any sense of proper sports aesthetics would even make garbage like this available. A fail all around.

But someone within Adidas had thought of these ideas (or ripped them from terrible 90s ideas), and presented them to Miami saying hey, we got some ideas, we can do all these different things, etc. Regardless if Miami wants a cluster F of terrible looking combos, Adidas still had to bring the ideas to the Redhawks.

True and good point. However, the school still had the final say. I just can't believe they accepted such a radical design. Yikes!

Does anyone know to what capacity these will be worn? Are they a one-off or will we be blessed with a hideous white jersey to go along with this one?

COMUMXQNJBUYSKY.20130724170948.jpg

Does this answer your question

Yes unfortunately it does.

Archived