NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Flacco has lost both Boldin & Pitta. Ouch. At least this means the Steelers can win some more games.

If Joe Flacco can get the Ravens back to the Super Bowl without these two, then MAYBE we can begin the "elite" talk.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Pats fan, I don't have much hope this year. With Gronk's injury woes and Hernandez in the bin, the best we have at receiver is Edelman. And our defense has never been spectacular, either. I still expect to win the division, but that's only because the rest of the division is pretty lousy. I doubt we'll make it past the first round of the playoffs.

Don't forget Amendola. Also Brady's much better with much worse.

YEAH BRAH AMENDOLAH'S WELKAH 2.0!

*breaks leg*

*breaks arm*

*tweaks pinkie*

*gets curb stomped by ringwraith*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Flacco has lost both Boldin & Pitta. Ouch. At least this means the Steelers can win some more games.

If Joe Flacco can get the Ravens back to the Super Bowl without these two, then MAYBE we can begin the "elite" talk.

Considering all they lost on the defensive side in addition to those two, then yeah...Imma hafta agree with Curtis on this one.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is it weird how pretty much every response to their individual teams has been mostly expressing hesitation or fear? Is that atypical or have I just not been paying attention to anything forever?

I'm leaning toward the latter.

I'm anticipating a 7-9 win season. That's downright optimistic.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is it weird how pretty much every response to their individual teams has been mostly expressing hesitation or fear? Is that atypical or have I just not been paying attention to anything forever?

Rams are building an excellent defensive unit, however. To me, all the skepticism there belongs on the offense, and rightfully so. Still wondering about whether Sam Bradford is as good as his draft status says he is.

spacer.png

I'm a little nervous about the Niners secondary. They lost Goldson, and replaced him with Craig Dahl, who I believe was garbage last year, and hopefully Eric Reid, the first rounder can have a nice first year. Hopefully the secondary in general can rebound after giving up big plays against the Falcons and Ravens. High expectations year in and year out are back, so I'm happy.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Rams are building an excellent defensive unit, however. To me, all the skepticism there belongs on the offense, and rightfully so. Still wondering about whether Sam Bradford is as good as his draft status says he is.

Bradford's best offensive weapons the last few years have been an aging Steven Jackson and the aforementioned plywood hobbit. I'm not sure how much you can pin that on him.

replaced him with Craig Dahl, who I believe was garbage last year,

That's a generous assessment.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm a Jags fan, and I can't wait for this season to start. Either Gabbert takes huge strides and becomes a real QB and we surprise A LOT of people(HAHAHAHAHA) or we sit through another 2 win year and have a super high pick to spend on a QB next year. Either way ... Khan, Caldwell and Bradley are really high energy people and their attitude is pretty damn infectious to be around daily.

Not going to happen. The best you guys can do is get Teddy Bridgewater and move to L.A.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I'll be shocked if the Chargers aren't one of the worst teams in football. The combination of a shallow and not very talented roster, a brand new coaching staff in their first year, and multiple ACL tears generally spells trouble. Hopefully they can win the Clowney sweepstakes, though!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Packers.

1. Defense shows improvement, NYC trip in February is a strong possibility. (Staying healthy helps too)

2. Could seriously see Aaron Rodgers throw 50 TD's this year, but that probably means they haven't run the ball all that well. The Oline hopefully has found itself as well.

3. Ah yes that Packer run game. Probably the most competitive backfield for training camp in the entire league. Lacy, Franklin, Starks, Green. Obviously most will hope for those first two to get the majority of the carries, and if they prove they can compete at this level. This offense will be even more potent.

12-4 is attainable, even in a tough division. I'm really confident this year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I've got all kinds of nervous issues with the Broncos. It doesn't have much to do with the team though, to be honest. I'm confident they'll be a top 2 seed in the AFC and win a lot of games (the playoffs are a whole different animal though). However, all the predictions have me wanting to bury my head. I hate when they're the favorites, which almost never happens (2005 AFCCG & 1998 after SB XXXII). It just doesn't feel right, I very much prefer them to fly below the radar and surprise the pundits. Unfortunately there's no way that's happening this season.

Also, I'm now concerned about the OL since they've lost a SECOND center for the year, this time Koppen with a torn ACL.

Sam Bradford is great. He just doesn't have any recievers. Like at all.

Past tense please. That problem was corrected in the most recent draft.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived