NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It warms my heart to finally finally finally see a crappy Pittsburgh Steelers team and to finally watch their fans both in person and on social media go through the same experiences everybody else has had to go through. Welcome to the real NFL, steeler fans. Now, if you would just sit through about 5 or 7 straight hopeless seasons with a miserable QB and a coach who doesn't know what he's doing, then you'll get to know what it's like to be a Bengals/Browns fan.

Have a nice season. I hope you never win again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It warms my heart to finally finally finally see a crappy Pittsburgh Steelers team and to finally watch their fans both in person and on social media go through the same experiences everybody else has had to go through. Welcome to the real NFL, steeler fans. Now, if you would just sit through about 5 or 7 straight hopeless seasons with a miserable QB and a coach who doesn't know what he's doing, then you'll get to know what it's like to be a Bengals/Browns fan.

Have a nice season. I hope you never win again.

I bet! I couldn't help but watch that game and think about how nice it is to see the Steelers finally looking like their little reign atop the AFC is over. Granted, it's early and they may still be able to right the ship but for now, I'm loving it!

IUe6Hvh.png

Cincinnati is also supposed to be really good this year.

The Steelers are fine defensively, the issue isn't offensive turnovers either...

It might just be the year of the Pittsburgh Three-and-Out.

Its one game, but Pittsburgh surrendered 400 yards, and failed to record a sack or turnover. Dalton was terrible the previous 2 years against the Steelers, but got the win tonight, and looked better and better as the game went on.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Sorry, CIN lost a Wildcard game against TJ Yates.

TJ Yates.

Yeah that's relevant to anything that's currently happening.
If you ask me, your comment has missed your point. God, why did we discontinue "Posts That Make You Go Hmmmmm"? This board gives you more cookies than any other board around. Words just come together in the most fascinating ways here. There's nothing like it anywhere else. We have to chronicle these things.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That whole Greg Schiano thing is looking like a big winner, isn't it?

Is it Schiano or spoiled athletes who don't like being held accountable for following rules? I don't know the answer but this sounds similar to all the backlash against Coughlin.

Mike Carey should probably stop getting games to ref. I haven't watched any of this game until now, but I can only assume he's called 25 penalties by now.

Only 25? Carey must be letting them play this week. B)

LOL'd at that one.

About Goldson, ironically the hit by Ahmad Black on Jimmy Graham was much more egregious than the hit on Sproles. I think it's Goldson's history working against him.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Is it Schiano or spoiled athletes who don't like being held accountable for following rules? I don't know the answer but this sounds similar to all the backlash against Coughlin.

Coughlin is a red-faced weirdo, but I think he's been an NFL head coach long enough to know how to manage a locker room. Schiano just seems like a stupid meathead who gets off on being A Coach.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's not even just that. The Bucs had two illegal procedure penalties (such a SIMPLE thing to not do), one of which eliminated a 73 yard touchdown. The team is sloppy and exhibits all the symptoms of a team that is not well coached. I didn't pipe up much last year because only Cam Cameron-esque horrific coaches deserve to be thrown to the wolves after one season. But, in general, I'm not impressed at all with this Greg Schiano thing, and the fact that they could get dinged for 13 penalties in Week 1, and then come right back with 12 the next week shows me that, whatever the NFL and/or whatever Schiano is preaching, the team has the proverbial "head in the sand" response to it. Coaching deserves their share of the blame.

spacer.png

13 penalties? Jeff Fisher calls Schiano a piker.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's not even just that. The Bucs had two illegal procedure penalties (such a SIMPLE thing to not do), one of which eliminated a 73 yard touchdown. The team is sloppy and exhibits all the symptoms of a team that is not well coached. I didn't pipe up much last year because only Cam Cameron-esque horrific coaches deserve to be thrown to the wolves after one season. But, in general, I'm not impressed at all with this Greg Schiano thing, and the fact that they could get dinged for 13 penalties in Week 1, and then come right back with 12 the next week shows me that, whatever the NFL and/or whatever Schiano is preaching, the team has the proverbial "head in the sand" response to it. Coaching deserves their share of the blame.

The TD-scratcher was actually illegal formation and it was Mr. Jackson himself who failed to line up properly, leaving the tackle on the end of the line. But your point is valid.

Illegal formation is part of the "illegal procedure" wing. Kramerica was right.

Since the NFL went to the modern 16 game season ... what is the lowest scoring output for a team over the entire season? Wondering if my boys have a chance of at least setting some kind of record this season. :D

Here are the teams that scored less than 200 points in a 16-game season:

1992 Seahawks = 140 (2-14)

1991 Colts = 143 (1-15)

1998 Eagles = 161 (3-13)

2000 Browns = 161 (3-13)

2006 Raiders = 168 (2-14)

2009 Rams = 175 (1-15)

1990 Patriots = 181 (1-15)

2000 Bengals = 185 (4-12)

1993 Bengals = 187 (3-13)

1993 Colts = 189 (4-12)

2011 Rams = 193 (2-14)

1991 Cardinals = 196 (4-12)

2010 Panthers = 196 (2-14)

2009 Raiders = 197 (5-11)

1991 Buccaneers = 199 (3-13)

I think Jacksonville might have a legit shot at that. I can see them getting shut out a couple of times this season. To break the record (139 points), the Jags would have to average 8.6 points a game. Through two they are on pace for 88 points on the season. With very real chances at shutouts coming next week in Seattle, at Denver and in London against San Francisco.

0-16 is a very real thing for Jaguar fans to come to terms with this season at this rate. I've made my peace with it already.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Whoa, Trent Richardson gone to the Colts, for a 1st rounder according to twitter. The Browns redefine the term "always rebuilding". Remember they gave up a crap ton of picks to move up a slot to take him.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived