NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

ESPN is so far up Indy's :censored: at the moment.

Good, they can stay there and get off the Broncos' jock for once.

It's not ESPN, but next week's Denver at Indy game is going to be unbearable.

Just imagine if Favre and Tebow ever faced off.....

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much to say.

The Chargers had an excellent gameplan and executed it to near perfection. The Colts also helped by playing like :censored: . O-line was bad. Receivers dropping balls at key spots (touchdowns/third downs). Defense got baged up a bit but that still doesn't excuse :censored: ty tackling and coverage. If they had come up with at least two more defensive stops, (and not just stopping them in field goal range when it's already too late) maybe the Colts take advantage of a couple more chances, but who's to say.

I don't know if they were looking ahead to Denver, used up all they had against Seattle and couldn't muster it up after going back out west, or if it was simply Colts/Chargers-in-San-Diego gremlins, but the Colts did not play well, the Chargers controlled the clock and in turn won the game.

The real problem is if the Colts can't summon up that SF/Seattle effort on Sundat night, they're going to be sitting at 4-3 going into the bye. That's not terrible and it helps that Houston/Jacksonville are terrible, but Tennessee is just a game back. Thankfully the Titans play SF before their bye, and after the bye the Colts have a nice schedule before they play anyone worth a damn (@ Texans, vs Rams, @ Titans, @ Cardinals, vs Titans before @ Bengals). So no matter this weeks outcome, if they take care of business on the other side of the bye, they'll be fine.

But this week is huge. Welcome back, Peyton.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It looks like Jerod Mayo might be out for the season. He just had surgery on his pectoral muscle which is usually season ending.

These injuries are getting ridiculous right now. Can you imagine how good we could be if we didn't have injuries to:

Gronk, Wilfork, Vereen, Slater, Talib, Mayo, Kelly, Adrian Wilson, Leon Washington, Dan Connolly, and Amendola?

It looks like Jerod Mayo might be out for the season. He just had surgery on his pectoral muscle which is usually season ending.

These injuries are getting ridiculous right now. Can you imagine how good we could be if we didn't have injuries to:

Gronk, Wilfork, Vereen, Slater, Talib, Mayo, Kelly, Adrian Wilson, Leon Washington, Dan Connolly, and Amendola?

Fall in line behind the Steelers, Falcons and Packers with complains about injuries and games lost.

Apologies if this has been posted, but get ready for more Thursday night games! I lol'ed when the stated reason in the report is that the current games haven't generated enough interest. Double down then!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/report-league-considers-adding-more-thursday-games/

Apologies if this has been posted, but get ready for more Thursday night games! I lol'ed when the stated reason in the report is that the current games haven't generated enough interest. Double down then!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/15/report-league-considers-adding-more-thursday-games/

Ugh. The thursday night games haven't generated interest because it's almost always a bad game because the players haven't fully recovered from the previous Sunday and because it's rarely a good matchup because NFL Network gets last picksies for the primetime games.

Also, I can only speak for me, but I hate when my team is on Thursday night so even if my team is involved I don't like it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ugh. The thursday night games haven't generated interest because it's almost always a bad game because the players haven't fully recovered from the previous Sunday and because it's rarely a good matchup because NFL Network gets last picksies for the primetime games.

Also, I can only speak for me, but I hate when my team is on Thursday night so even if my team is involved I don't like it.

but...FOOTBALL!

I seldom know what game is on Thursday. I think I have the NFL network, but I just don't want to watch a game on Thursday. The NFL keeps talking about expanding its league: More playoff games, more regular season games, more games on funny days of the week, more teams on more continents...They are acting like football is totally sustainable and it can grow at will. I think they ought to focus on preserving what they have (if not even taking it back a notch, i.e., current THU games) because I don't know that it's sustainable.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yes, to all of this. The Bears played last Thursday, so it's fresh in my mind. It's not a fun week. The game played out about like you would expect a game between two teams on three-days rest to play out.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Tuesday would be three straight days and might undermine whatever precious little cachet is left in Monday Night Football. Doubleheaders on Monday could work but I don't know if I could handle the apoplexy of the Raiders-Chargers game on a weekly basis (notwithstanding that the Raiders and/or Chargers play a work-night late game once a year anyway). Friday and Saturday aren't allowed. Maybe they should just know when to stop.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The NFL definitely needs to fix something. Currently a typical viewer will see only 6 games a week right? The times and channels need to be dispersed better. I don't think it's fair that I live 2 hours away from Cleveland, yet I see 4 games a year max. As fans we deserve to watch our teams every week. Watching the stupid gametracker on ESPN.com doesn't count.

"Only six" of a maximum sixteen? How the hell many football games do you need to watch per week?

It's more like 5 games aweek, if someone watches every game that they can. I think he means the Thursday nighter, Sunday Afternoon, evening and night games, and the Monday night game. But for those who don't have the larger TV packages (like mwa), I can, if I wanted to, watch only 4 because I don't get NFL network often. It's only a preview for a short while. I had it for a month, then lost it on Friday, after the CHI-NYG game.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

"Only six" of a maximum sixteen? How the hell many football games do you need to watch per week?

I only care about 1 game per week, my team. But with the current schedules the chances of them actually being on tv in my area are slim to none.

The NFL definitely needs to fix something. Currently a typical viewer will see only 6 games a week right? The times and channels need to be dispersed better. I don't think it's fair that I live 2 hours away from Cleveland, yet I see 4 games a year max. As fans we deserve to watch our teams every week. Watching the stupid gametracker on ESPN.com doesn't count.

Move to Cleveland or get NFL Sunday Ticket.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's so NHL of them.

Archived