New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

Maybe the Padres should do an "English" night and put either Saint Diego or Fathers on their jerseys.

66-45838-Y.jpg

Do you realize how quickly the white people behind that idea would be called out for racism?

Think of all the white protestants in San Diego who feel disconnected from the team since they aren't Catholic nor do they speak Spanish.

The Padres are supposed to have a promotion later this season called "English Night". This jersey set leaked from their media department.

WVF.jpg

(sleepz):P

That is freaking hilarious. And I'm a Padres fan. Well done. Any chance of creating a "WV" alternate cap?

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Padres should do an "English" night and put either Saint Diego or Fathers on their jerseys.

66-45838-Y.jpg

Do you realize how quickly the white people behind that idea would be called out for racism?

Think of all the white protestants in San Diego who feel disconnected from the team since they aren't Catholic nor do they speak Spanish.

The Padres are supposed to have a promotion later this season called "English Night". This jersey set leaked from their media department.

WVF.jpg

(sleepz):P

That is freaking hilarious. And I'm a Padres fan. Well done. Any chance of creating a "WV" alternate cap?

I actually tried that first but it didn't look good without the right font (and not wanting to spend more than 20 minutes on it)

Also, this:

2ext110.jpg

i like that pic, it gives more of an idea on how thw uni would look

It actually doesn't look bad, usually jerseys without trim on the sleeves remind me of practice jerseys so I hope that isn't the case here.

Do we know that there will be a corresponding sunburst on the road? I can't recall seeing a road teaser that showed it. While it would be odd to have a mismatch, it wouldn't shock me if the road was just the wordmarks and number, since the wordmark might have to be shrunk a little too much to work with a burst.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130804phoenix-suns-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-in-fashion-show.html?nclick_check=1

The Suns’ new look began to take form when new or revamped team logos leaked in mid-June. A uniform restyle has been in the works for years and was scrapped and restarted at one point.

708157.jpg

708156.jpg

Interested in what they initially had before coming up with this set..

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

Do we know that there will be a corresponding sunburst on the road? I can't recall seeing a road teaser that showed it. While it would be odd to have a mismatch, it wouldn't shock me if the road was just the wordmarks and number, since the wordmark might have to be shrunk a little too much to work with a burst.

I highly doubt they'd have a mismatch like that.

While we ponder the new jerseys, let us take a look at the shiny beauties they released in '00, before they decided to matte it up a couple years later.

PurpleShiny_zps3ceb94bb.jpg

I'd bet its there. The wordmarks take up the same area of the jersey so the burst wouldn't be anymore difficult to incorporate.

While we ponder the new jerseys, let us take a look at the shiny beauties they released in '00, before they decided to matte it up a couple years later.

That may be my least favorite uniform in modern nba history.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's why I'm for translating the names:

They keep English names because it's a foreign team...for their teams, they use the native language.

So teams translating the names makes them feel authentically "their" team.

What about the fact that it's not even remotely interesting if the names aren't translated.

I doubt it has anything to do with grammatical rules of translation. It probably means the NBA is more interested in preserving the "intergrity" of their team name by leaving it in English and just adding "Los", even though it practically defeats the point of the promotion.

Well I think a lot of times Mexican commentators refer to most teams in English but add Los when they say it. Not all, by most. So it's not necessarily lazy. And I would think most Hispanic fans would associate the teams with their English names.

They don't add "los", they use it because it's the Spanish version of the definitive "the." They are slapping "the" onto the uniforms as one part pandering crap and one part shameless merchandizing. And as I mentioned, most MLB teams use translated Spanish names for their Spanish-language websites, and many Spanish-speakers refer to the teams by their translated names already.

Aside from Spanish-speaking fans calling the teams by translated nicknames, I understand if teams don't want to use actual translations for fear of watering-down their identity. However, at least making a jersey with a Spanish version of the name shows a little effort. Slapping "the" onto the jersey shows no effort and insults people's intelligence.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That may be my least favorite uniform in modern nba history.

Indeed. They were pretty bad.

Based on this picture, it looks like there will be white sunburst stripes on the away uni.

jbuGxsV.png

Using what we know so far and the mockups by Conrad I think the away will look something like this (sorry for the bad photoshop)

PnIwrTc.jpg

That looks good but I'm banking on it being closer to this...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/jc9kv3g20u48ibz2za78gt6bg/Phoenix_Suns/1993/Road_Uniform

Man, Amare Stoudemire sure looked different back then...

Man, Amare Stoudemire sure looked different back then...

It's just that he's not wearing his goggles. He's like Clark Kent, he's unrecognizable without his glasses on.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130804phoenix-suns-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-in-fashion-show.html?nclick_check=1

The Suns’ new look began to take form when new or revamped team logos leaked in mid-June. A uniform restyle has been in the works for years and was scrapped and restarted at one point.

708157.jpg

708156.jpg

Interested in what they initially had before coming up with this set..

With the sunburst thing they have going on in the wordmark I'm starting to doubt more and more we'll see one on the actual jersey. And if we do I feel like that'll look a little repetitive. Guess we'll see.

Archived