NCAA Football Coaches' Poll Redesign

Lights Out

With college football on the way and the first coaches' poll out, I decided to redesign each team in reverse order, starting with....

#25 OREGON STATE

ug3K1Oy.png

WGTU5U6.png

86665hj.png

VGcbF0i.png

Their custom plaid pattern is too cool not to emphasize throughout the uniforms, so it appears on the sleeves and the pants.

#24 USC

bcu6EtU.png

pZqF0OZ.png

mKz2i8w.png

More or less the same USC concept I posted a few months ago but simpler.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#21 UCLA

WPrXBzW.png

K79yMe5.png

o05otn4.png

UCLA stripes that loop all the way around, serif numbers, and more powder blue worked in - basically just tweaking what's wrong with UCLA's current look while keeping it classic.

#20 TCU

1Ftmkfm.png

hZzALIb.png

7iaDdXs.png

taomXLv.png

Basically a mix between their current set and their old ProCombats with a different font and Fraser Davidson's unused frog logo.

#19 Boise State and #18 Nebraska are next.

xLmjWVv.png

Sorry, but that Wisconsin helmet is just bad. There's no need to get rid of their current helmet. The Motion W looks just fine. The jerseys and pants are just fine, though.

On the TCU uniforms with the purple-red-purple stripe, the red looks pink. Otherwise they look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

USC is really nice. Ucla is good but the blue needs a little less brightness.

The rest are bad bad bad. I'm all for design elements within reason. Your designs don't seem to have a direction or reasoning. It seems you're throwing ideas without thinking about what they might mean or how they could work into a fully realized idea. It's not working for me at all

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

USC is really nice. Ucla is good but the blue needs a little less brightness.

The rest are bad bad bad. I'm all for design elements within reason. Your designs don't seem to have a direction or reasoning. It seems you're throwing ideas without thinking about what they might mean or how they could work into a fully realized idea. It's not working for me at all

Couldn't disagree more with the second half of that post, to be honest. They're not "safe" designs, sure, but most of them in fact do have reasoning behind them, so I don't know where that's coming from. I think calling these bad is a bit drastic.

Keep it up, LO. I find the uniqueness in your uni designs refreshing, something we don't see too often around here.

#19 BOISE STATE

YUqcx2p.png

U5UHreL.png

iLbdLsh.png

3S4je1w.png

Not a huge departure from their current look, but I did add a simple striping pattern meant to match the contours of the logo and an updated helmet. I'm not quite happy with this one, though, I might revisit it later.

#18 NEBRASKA

kU6KTuJ.png

Bq1oisv.png

HZG6SvH.png

Again, mainly just an evolution of what they wear now. I've never been a fan of their tiny sans-serif N, so I used their block N and a number font to match. Aside from that, I emphasized their thick two-stripe pattern (including on the helmet) and worked in sublimated corn kernels on the sleeve and pants striping.

Next up are #17 Michigan and #16 Oklahoma.

xLmjWVv.png

Oklahoma didn't need a change.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

#15 TEXAS

0uQ8dny.png

7wE44ho.png

s30yCy5.png

For Texas, I wanted to emphasize their thin sleeve stripes, so I added that pattern to the collar and pants. I also brought back helmet numbers and used their custom basketball number font.

#14 OKLAHOMA STATE

2CkcDkI.png

ZwdMa38.png

8to5M6A.png

AkXvXeF.png

hPk2DLM.png

I really like Okie Lite's current look, so the only changes I made were a number font that matches the logo and slight tweaks to the wordmark, helmet logos, and pants stripes.

Next up is #13 LSU and #12 Florida State.

xLmjWVv.png

Get rid of the black in the stripes on Texas. Otherwise, that one looks good.

Also, the number font on OSU just doesn't look good, and I'm not sure I like the monochrome helmets. I can't figure out what color facemask I'd rather see on the orange, black and gray helmets, though. Those are minor, though, and the concept as a whole looks fine.

Archived