NFL Expansion Cities?

Beluga4

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setting aside the perfect balance of those 32 teams, three of them are in untenable stadium situations - the Raiders, Rams and Chargers. Plus there's a team locked into a long-term lease - the Jaguars - in a market that hasn't demonstrated a real interest in them.

Expansion is not even remotely on the table.

I'd argue Jacksonville's support. A lot of teams have been selling less in the last four years. Another year with no blackouts already announced. 19k to watch a practice last night. Of course I don't expect you to know about the Jacksonville market. You are across the country. I live it. If things are dire, he can get out the lease. No such thing as iron clad. Lawyers can sniff anything out.

I think Khan knows this market's passion. He is investing a lot. Not a little thing here or there. It almost feels Cuban like. Obviously he believes in this market. You believe the national media too much.

I'd argue Jacksonville's support.

Of course. But I chose my words advisedly - the market has not demonstrated sustained support. Not that it's necessarily a bad market (like Tampa Bay in MLB), but one that has not yet proved itself. Maybe they will.

Regardless, talk of expansion is wildly out of place in the NFL.

Should I, Goth? You know all about it. Five years ago you seemed so sure the Jags would be in LA by now.

I can't talk. I got to go. I need to get busy getting ready for my 19th season of Jacksonville Jaguar football.

Archived