Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BayouJim

LSU Trademarks New Logo

48 posts in this topic

The whole "Fighting Tigers" thing comes from LSU starting as a military institution, they were basically the West Point of the south, minus the prestige.

Both the Virginia Military Institute and The Citadel would contest the bolded point quite emphatically.

I bet they would.

Maybe I should have been more descriptive, "the deep south." I wasn't trying to take anything away from any other school, just saying how the school used to look upon itself.

I bet they would.

Maybe I should have been more descriptive, "the deep south." I wasn't trying to take anything away from any other school, just saying how the school used to look upon itself.

As a proud Yankee, the hilarity of seeing the South and prestigous military insitiutions being mentioned in the same statement exposed a wide open target for a barrage of jokes. I opted to go a more civil route and abstain as I believe there may be some sensitivity around the subject as there's no use starting another pointless war.

It's been 150 years, let the jokes pour in, no reason for anybody to be butthurt.

Interesting. Kind of a unique idea, I'll be excited to see if it takes off.

I put the new walking tiger logo on the helmet, looks ok. 6iMsuNyl.jpg

And the older logo doesn't look too bad on a polo either

aSjIaAbl.jpg

When I saw this I did immediately think of Vineyard Vines, Southern Tide,

and Soutern Marsh (and more established brands like Lacoste, Polo) that use simple animal logos on preppy clothing. Good idea.

And the older logo doesn't look too bad on a polo either

aSjIaAbl.jpg

That logo looks awful on any piece of clothing.

2 people like this

I bet they would.

As a proud Yankee, the hilarity of seeing the South and prestigous military insitiutions being mentioned in the same statement exposed a wide open target for a barrage of jokes. I opted to go a more civil route and abstain as I believe there may be some sensitivity around the subject as there's no use starting another pointless war.

Cool story, bro. Hope to read more long posts where you want to make a joke but don't.

I'm surprised, because I hate LSU, but I'm really liking this. It's simple, straight to the point and doesn't have a 1930s-slopiness feel to it like the current helmet logo.

LSU has trademarked a new Tigers logo for men's and women's clothing that is beginning to show up around Baton Rouge. The small striped tiger, similar to a Polo horse, is intended to be a subtle "fashion mark" for those who may not want to wear the LSU letters emblazoned across their clothing, says Brian Hommel, director of LSU trademark licensing.

via: http://www.businessreport.com/article/20130805/BUSINESSREPORT0112/130809905

AR-130809905.jpg?q=300&maxw=500

Fixed it. That's much better.

I wish LSU would erase the existence of this logo:

1j1h046ebspvnxdl3eke9t6ja.png

I wish LSU would erase the existence of this logo:

1j1h046ebspvnxdl3eke9t6ja.png

No its the best logo they got

I wish LSU would erase the existence of this logo:1j1h046ebspvnxdl3eke9t6ja.png

No its the best logo they got
I disagree. The tiger eye logo is much better. But even if it were the "best logo" that doesn't mean it's a good logo.

Why do LSU fans hate that logo?

Because there's nothing better to do in the Bayou? ;)

Kidding.

But yes, that logo is the best thing LSU has. The old smoosh-face Tiger logo is retarded looking. It was retarded back in nineteen-dickety-two when they created it and it's retarded today. They should update the helmets with the newer Tiger face or the new prowling Tiger. Both are tons better. Even Tiger Eyes would look better on the helmet.

Personally, I think it's way too feminine. The head by itself IS better than the full logo, but neither are acceptable IMO. I would like to see them try to modernize the round tiger logo currently on the helmets and switch from the electrical tape-looking "LSU" to the Geaux font on the helmets.

LSU really doesn't even have anything that strong in its College Vault collection, either. I think their best bet would just to be slightly modernize/simplify the current helmet logo.

EWvydUs.jpg

LSU really doesn't even have anything that strong in its College Vault collection, either. I think their best bet would just to be slightly modernize/simplify the current helmet logo.

EWvydUs.jpg

Exactly. I think modernization and clean-up of the helmet logo would be accepted by most LSU fans.

No chance you have that sheet as a pdf or vector, huh?

As geauxcolonels said, I think it's not just the head itself, but it reminds everybody of this:

The school itself paid a lot of money for the logo, from my understanding a ridiculous amount of money, that when the logo was revealed people were expecting.. more. It's become one of those things that I think those in the community hate anything associated with it just because everyone else does. The school has kept it though because since it's debuted, they've seen more success than any other decade in LSU history.

5136_lsu_tigers-alternate-2002.png

I feel like LSU always will have terrible logos...

It's obvious at this point, that they really don't care about the look of their set. Almost every single "traditional" college powerhouse have changed or tweated their look in the last decade...........except LSU. They have unique colors and do nothing with them.