Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I love the throwback esque Flyers uniforms...I hate the black nameplate on the back of the white road jersey.

doc517c9c103bd19925465063.jpg

The white nameplate on the orange jerseys are awesome because they are historically accurate. In this case, not so much.

I hate those uniforms because of the contrasting nameplates, and i dont care if its historically accurate, it doesnt change the fact that it looks like :censored:, and how the shoulder numbers dont fit on the stripe, i believe the stripe should be widened a bit so the double digit numbers fit as well

Just realized one today that was probably brought up earlier, but I'm not going through 12.5 pages to find it

The yellow on the Bruins' uniforms being different from the yellow on the spokes of the crest

DL_0222_Rask_Bergeron.jpg

P4286330.jpg

It's way more noticeable on a replica jersey FWIW

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

The skyline in the mets logo looks nothing like new york.

Could it be representing the New York City skyline of the 1960s, when the logo was made?

Nope, it's basically a representation of the tallest building in each borough during the team's inception

From the Mets media guide every year since at least 1998:

The circular Mets logo, designed by sports cartoonist Ray Gatto, was unveiled on November 16, 1961. It has gone virtually unchanged throughout the history of the club. The shape of the insignia, with its orange stitching, represents a baseball, and the bridge in the foreground symbolizes that the Mets, in bringing back the National League to New York, represent all five boroughs. It's not just a skyline in the background, but has a special meaning. At the left is a church spire, symbolic of Brooklyn, the borough of churches. The second building from the left is the Williamsburg Savings Bank, the tallest building in Brooklyn. Next is the Woolworth Building. After a general skyline view of midtown comes the Empire State Building. At the far right is the United Nations Building.

----------

Actually, the one thing that's bugged me as a lifelong Met fan is that the script is off between the M and E. The tail of the M should seamlessly flow into the lower case E.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

While I love the throwback esque Flyers uniforms...I hate the black nameplate on the back of the white road jersey.

doc517c9c103bd19925465063.jpg

The white nameplate on the orange jerseys are awesome because they are historically accurate. In this case, not so much.

I hate those uniforms because of the contrasting nameplates, and i dont care if its historically accurate, it doesnt change the fact that it looks like :censored:, and how the shoulder numbers dont fit on the stripe, i believe the stripe should be widened a bit so the double digit numbers fit as well

If the nameplates are in orange to match the numbers (with black names), that would be fine and perfectly contrasted.
That would be worse, nameplates should never be contrasted like that, makes it look like an after thought and were like hey we are just gonna put this extra orange or black or what ever on the white jersey, or white on the orange jersey and hope people dont care too much

Actually, the one thing that's bugged me as a lifelong Met fan is that the script is off between the M and E. The tail of the M should seamlessly flow into the lower case E.

You've reminded me about the thing that bugs me: the two different scripts.

m01gfgeorgvbfw15fy04alujm.gif

9ut95mieetoye2rnzefaiwjh7.gif

Look at the bottom of the jersey script "M" - that strange angled time. Ugly - the logo version of the script, where it's straight with the bottom of the other letters, is so much better.

I get that the jersey letters need to be spaced out a little to fit on the jersey, but there's no excuse for that "M".

It is navy.

They added small touches of navy to the uniform when they brought it back so they could continue to sell navy merchandise.

If they hadn't, then "the Bills are wearing navy sideline gear when they don't have any navy in their uniforms" would be added to the thread about those small details that bother us. :)

- That stupid stupid stupid way the Bills helmet stripe flares out in the back

billsunisx-large.jpg

I really dislike the whole uniform. But most of all I hate when teams have shiny, iron-on looking stripes. Another team I can think of that does this is the Cowboys.

Any type of shiny stripes, numbers, or fabric just looks cheap. One of the reasons I wish teams like Green Bay and Philadephia would have switched to the new Nike template.

Yeah, that bothers me too.

Any type of shiny stripes, numbers, or fabric just looks cheap. One of the reasons I wish teams like Green Bay and Philadephia would have switched to the new Nike template.

See, I think the new Nike template looks far cheaper than any shiny material does. If the Nike can't even match the shade of green from stomach to chest to shoulders. That looks cheap.

Yeah, that bothers me too.

See, I think the new Nike template looks far cheaper than any shiny material does. If the Nike can't even match the shade of green from stomach to chest to shoulders. That looks cheap.

or having "gold" or "silver pants look just tan and grey and drab, i miss the shiny pants and stuff

I love the Arizona Diamondbacks' original look. However:

20130813_225040_zps90aa0e1c.jpg

You can not have your team's colors be purple, teal, copper, and black, include copper in the cap logo and the sleeve patch, and then use gold instead in the wordmark, numbers, and sleeve trim because, eh, close enough. No. Bad baseball team. No biscuit.

This is probably Webster Fabric Company's glitter copper tackle twill. The Brewers use their glitter gold, Mariners, glitter silver. http://websterfabric.com/colorChart.php#glitter

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Archived