kevsim1

Small details that bother you

661 posts in this topic

The Kingston Voyagers logo.....

And the Marlins lack of a orange cap this year.

The Chiefs new era caps. The arrowhead has a white outline around the black outline. Just make it the same as the helmets.

It's a T and an R; completely different shaped glyphs. Nothing wrong with how they are positioned.

Yeah but that logo is completely void of any ideas. Terrible, obviously.

I really don't like how Nashville's primary logo has a rounded stroke. It contrasts too much with the inner stroke. Also the bottom teeth have rounded inner strokes while the front teeth are sharp.

lvchw3qfsun2e7oc02kh2zxb6.gif

Adidas made Kansas' football number font thinner when they switched to TechFits and it looks really weak and cheap.

Old:

ks-10-bluewhite-jeffmoffett-620x442.jpg

New:
ks-12-bluewhite-johnrieger-vert-620x889.

Adidas made Kansas' football number font thinner when they switched to TechFits and it looks really weak and cheap.

Old:

New:

ks-12-bluewhite-johnrieger-vert-620x889.

Actually looks somewhat better but both are weak and cheap! Mid 90's I used to watch their game replays as a kiddo during the week and those helmets and uniforms were pretty decrnt

I really don't like how Nashville's primary logo has a rounded stroke. It contrasts too much with the inner stroke. Also the bottom teeth have rounded inner strokes while the front teeth are sharp.

lvchw3qfsun2e7oc02kh2zxb6.gif

I'm pretty sure that's the nature of outer stroke edges on acute angled corners. If they weren't rounded they would have to be ridiculously long to meet up. Also when it comes to stitching them on a jersey, those tight angles wouldn't be practical as they would eventually get worn down due to them getting snagged constantly. A rounded edge limits this.

Stupidly small NOBs. Really...why bother?

2410203jquxxrrj.jpg

Remembered this whole thing while watching the OU-Tulsa game last week. Can't for the life of me find a current pic of a Tulsa player (white helmets, not gold) showing the NOB but the letters are the same size as those on the front.

hi-res-157540711_display_image.jpg?13570

Old:

New:ks-12-bluewhite-johnrieger-vert-620x889.

Most of my fellow Jayhawks dislike the thinner numbers, and many the Trajan font all together. My big beef with KU's football uniform is when they ditched the red stripe on the helmet.

Kansas' old numbers were fake-bolded. The correct version of the font on the newer jerseys.

That aside, it's not a good font for uniforms. Even the spacing between the K and A in Kansas is awkward because of the long lower stroke. It reads like "K A NSAS".

1 person likes this

I don't like when the Steelers players with single numbers have the number decals laid on top of the helmet stripe. bigben-scramble-horiz-diajpg-d44b330a2b4

Is Big Ben's front number screened on? looks that way to me

Yeah it looks like you can see the mesh holes in the 7. Probably can't do it on the Nike jerseys.

This detail may be too big a detail to appear in this thread, but watching it last night reminded me how much it bothers me.

The Bears pants stripe on the blue pants matches nothing in the rest of their uniform set.

jay-cutler-on-bench-bears.jpgMatt+Forte+Zack+Follett+Detroit+Lions+v+

I think their current road uniforms are a really good look, but for the sake of consistency I would love it if the pants stripe went white-orange-white. It would also be a direct reverse of their white pants.

Here's a visual aid

bearsstripe_zpscb51c133.png

That Derek fisher picture is a video game

But it got my point across.

This detail may be too big a detail to appear in this thread, but watching it last night reminded me how much it bothers me.

The Bears pants stripe on the blue pants matches nothing in the rest of their uniform set.

I think their current road uniforms are a really good look, but for the sake of consistency I would love it if the pants stripe went white-orange-white. It would also be a direct reverse of their white pants.

Here's a visual aid

But, hat would only give the bears two stripes on their blue pants and there would still be an inconsistency.

Speaking of Wisconsin, their inability to get correctly colored helmet decals the last decade or so drives me crazy every time I watch one of their games.

img8.png

Those are damn near maroon.

Which is actually their historical color. This candy-apple red is far too bright.

From what I can tell, this may have been fixed for this season. From the games I've seen, the helmet decals look much lighter now and are closer to the jersey red.

^^^from my previous post...helmet decals look much better now. Same shade of red as the jerseys.

9252369.jpeg

Here's a visual aid

But, hat would only give the bears two stripes on their blue pants and there would still be an inconsistency.

Huh? It would be the same blue-white-orange-white-blue stripe from the socks and sleeves, but laid on a blue background. Did you not see my visual aid? It's exactly the same treatment their helmet logo gets:

Bears-logo.gifChicago_Bears_Helmet.jpg

Here's a visual aid

Huh? It would be the same blue-white-orange-white-blue stripe from the socks and sleeves, but laid on a blue background. Did you not see my visual aid? It's exactly the same treatment their helmet logo gets:

Right, it would be the same blue/white/orange/white/blue treatment, but there are only three stripes. The color layout is the same, but because the pants are blue, there are no blue stripes.

Edit: For whatever reason, in the other post you quoted from me, I said two, when I meant three stripes. I'm in phone.

Here's a visual aid

Right, it would be the same blue/white/orange/white/blue treatment, but there are only three stripes. The color layout is the same, but because the pants are blue, there are no blue stripes.

Edit: For whatever reason, in the other post you quoted from me, I said two, when I meant three stripes. I'm in phone.

That's one way to look at it, but I like to look at that set of stripes as a white-orange-white stripe encased in blue. It's how all the stripes match on the Blackhawks white uniforms, including the pants.

Whether they make the stripes on the blue pants blue/white/orange/white/blue or white/blue/orange/blue/white both are preferable to what they actually use in orange-white-orange.

you dont need more stripes when they pants themselves are blue, the colors are still consistently ordered since the blue is there, just not in the form of a stripe.

Stupidly small NOBs. Really...why bother?

2410203jquxxrrj.jpg

This is from the NBA 2K series. Video games have always had issues with displaying names in the back of jerseys.

Speaking of wish, the Madden NFL series did the most piss-poor job at fonting the names. This was especially for the Madden games in the mid-2000s.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbKWAL9l7Wq6T4dGW0V-fgnpugrVTzosFMNnXFiH5cXBkQpHaw0OjfqHKU