kevsim1

Small details that bother you

661 posts in this topic

I'm sure that RBK Edge jerseys have been mentioned earlier on, but IMO the Barrie Colts have the worst edge jerseys. There are two things that really bother me about these jerseys:

1- The stripes don't go all the way around the arm, only the top half.

2- The Edge piping goes towards the back and don't extend to the bottom of the jersey.

Barrie_Colts_Misc_Photos_(11)0039.JPG

I'm sure that RBK Edge jerseys have been mentioned earlier on, but IMO the Barrie Colts have the worst edge jerseys. There are two things that really bother me about these jerseys:

2- The Edge piping goes towards the back and don't extend to the bottom of the jersey.

That seems like more than just a "small detail".

It was just pointed out in another thread that the Jags sleeve number is short one of the outlines of the front/back numbers. TV numbers not matching front/back numbers is a pet peeve. The original flying elvis Pats had plain white TV numbers and red-on-white front/back numbers and I hated it.

That seems like more than just a "small detail".

This one isn't the best example, but I agree that some things on this thread are ' what you don't like about jerseys and logos' rather than small details.

It was just pointed out in another thread that the Jags sleeve number is short one of the outlines of the front/back numbers. TV numbers not matching front/back numbers is a pet peeve. The original flying elvis Pats had plain white TV numbers and red-on-white front/back numbers and I hated it.

The Seahawks TV numbers also don't have any outlines or the feather pattern on them:

konz-blue.jpeg

The Seahawks TV numbers also don't have any outlines or the feather pattern on them:

konz-blue.jpeg

And the reason gordie_delini gave was that is was due to "visibility issues". Doesnt that kinda say its poor design if you have certain features on one set of numbers but you cant do it on another?

1 person likes this

konz-blue.jpeg

They're too small to have the feather pattern, it would just look cluttered up, but there's no excuse why they shouldn't have the green outlines.

Something about the Dodgers' numbers bother me. They look too thin. There used to be a white outline around them, right? When they got rid of it, they should have made the numbers a little thicker.

konz-blue.jpeg

They're too small to have the feather pattern, it would just look cluttered up, but there's no excuse why they shouldn't have the green outlines.

Actually they don't need the green outlines on the TV numbers, that would make them more difficult to read.

konz-blue.jpeg

And the reason gordie_delini gave was that is was due to "visibility issues". Doesnt that kinda say its poor design if you have certain features on one set of numbers but you cant do it on another?
Sure does.

This new Verizon football commercial with the Ravens' Jacoby Jones is going to bug me this year. When he's running in the crowd he has white pants. Then he's being watched on the cell phone picture and he's wearing black pants.

This new Verizon football commercial with the Ravens' Jacoby Jones is going to bug me this year. When he's running in the crowd he has white pants. Then he's being watched on the cell phone picture and he's wearing black pants.

Other than that, the commerical annoying in general, and they always play it twice in the same commercial break. As if once wasn't more than enough. :rolleyes:

This is definitely a small detail that bothers me. The Rangers centre ice logo for this season.

IMG_4354.jpg

The logos in centre ice are both pointed in the same direction. Most other rinks have them pointed in opposite directions. They are also missing the OHL logo in the Rangers logo too. It just looks weird IMO.

Agreed. The random OHL logo in the Rangers' logo is part of its junior league charm.

In the last version of the uniforms, the bolts all moved in the same direction.

San-Diego-Chargers-screensaver_1.png

Look at the angles of the jagged lines. The helmet logos match the shoulder bolts: from the front, they extend back, then angle down and forward before continuing back again.

With this new one, the shoulder bolts are flipped upside down, so the jagged angles go the opposite way as those on the helmet:

Philip+Rivers+San+Diego+Chargers+v+New+O

The helmet bolts still go back and then down, but now the shoulder bolts go back and then up.

Hideous.

They took a great repeating motif and ruined it.

They wouldn't be the Chargers if they didn't take something nice and make it unsightly :(

Oh, hadn't noticed that....

It's been outlined on all kits for a few seasons now. That Brisbane one is the first I've seen without it in recent years...it looks better.