Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white piping on yellow doesn't bother me, but the part that crosses the hemstripe and sticks out on the navy waist bothers the hell outta me.

It should end when it meets the horizontal white line.

Roman+Josi+St+Louis+Blues+v+Nashville+Pr

What bothers me is that the piping exists in the first place. Contributes nothing to the uniform (or any uniform for that matter). Bettman stripes... Nothing encompasses his incompetence as a commissioner more than this hideous and wholly unnecessary design element...

i have a problem with the texas rangers having drop shadows on their numbers, am i the only one who thinks that

You're definitely not. The drop shadows on the numbers are awful, and the NOB is just an absolute mess.

Another extra outline that annoys (I think) most of us:

VFMLBPPMRJ00003.jpg

How about helmet numbers that don't match jersey numbers (fonts/styles) mainly on football and baseball helmets. On the phone so no pics but one that comes to mind is the colts. I know there are a couple baseball ones I just saw I just can't remember.

I can't not see genitalia in the "new" Lions logo....

Detroit_Lions_Logo.png

Of course, I may have some issues to work through there....

correct.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Another Jays one....

Toronto-Blue-Jays-Replica-Road-MLB-Baseb

The wordmark on the road greys has a navy outline that the wordmarks on the home whites and alternate blues don't have.

I don't really mind that the home and alternate don't have the navy outline. What I don't like is how the navy outline isn't consistent with the numbers.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

For one, I can't stand teams with cheesy label maker names on their helmets.

PoseyHelmet022712_zpscdf2d7b0.jpg

dallascowboyshelmetback_1_zpsa98e3fba.jp

And also, tradition be damned... I can't stand it when teams have conflicting hat/jersey/primary logos.

yankeelogos_zpscf050ac1.png

47-26052-F_zpsf58dc926.jpg

oakland_zps16bf70d8.png

VmWIn6B.png

The whole concept of the "hanger effects," or the other stupid things teams put on the inside of the uniforms.

It is REALLY supposed to be some big unity-building thing? Really?

I can just picture Adrian Peterson sitting there in his locker after the game, dejected, crying, and telling a reporter: "We have these knots on the inside of our collar that symbolize us being tied together...and dammit, we just weren't tied together today..."

I know this has nothing to do with sports logos, but the logo campus radio station at my school (Winona State University) has a detail that always bugs the :censored: out of me.

KQAL_logo.preview.jpg

The line in middle of the Q isn't outlined! (Also, I personally am not a fan of the logo at all, but oh well.)

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

The Saints' goofy helmet bumper. As far as I know it's the only one in the league to not feature the team's wordmark.

Saints_huddle_071408_top.jpg

There are a few teams that have bumper decals that aren't the official wordmarks. Patriots have had non-wordmark bumper decals for years. I think the only time they did wear bumper decals featuring the official cursive wordmark (since the rebranding in '93) was Super Bowl 36.

patriots_newtown.jpg

Sorry...my post wasn't clear. Should have said the Saints to my knowledge (now corrected re Pats) were the only NFL team who have the team name on a rear bumper but don't use their wordmark.

And that's all beside the point anyway...what bugs me is that they don't use the wordmark.

Oh, and redundancy bugs me. You know, phrases like "small details." ;-)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Baseball jerseys with wordmarks that also go underneath the buttons.

(Just made a photobucket account so I could post an example picture but I'm not sure how so this is awkward)

It's worse with the road one, too. I'll work on understanding how to post a picture so you understand, lol.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Baseball and basketball teams that don't follow the traditional team name at home, city name on the road pattern - that annoys the hell out of me for some reason.

Baseball caps with contrasting brims that don't have buttons in the same color as the brims. (i.e. the Astros' orange-brim cap)

Grey facemasks when there's no grey anywhere else in the uniform.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And also, tradition be damned... I can't stand it when teams have conflicting hat/jersey/primary logos.

I agree. The Yankees are particularly egregious. Wearing four different versions of the same logo at once isn't some huge tradition that can never end, it's just pure laziness. The cap NY is iconic and the only one they need to use.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived