Small details that bother you

Army's end zones say "West Point"...and then there's a registered trademark circle-R. No other school has this, I don't think. It's kind of odd. It's almost as if the athletic department is protecting itself from an Academy law suit.ecgarmynrthwestrn32a.jpg

hi-res-150886058_crop_650x440.jpg?134914

the cubs logo has the same thing

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a while since I went through this whole thread, so I'm not complete sure this hasn't been mentioned, but it's always bothered me that Ole Miss's home uniforms don't use the "off" color as the center shoulder stripe--e.g., white-blue-white on the red jersey and white-red-white on the blue jersey.

Eli-Manning-at-Ole-Miss.jpg

eli-manning.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

It's been a while since I went through this whole thread, so I'm not complete sure this hasn't been mentioned, but it's always bothered me that Ole Miss's home uniforms don't use the "off" color as the center shoulder stripe--e.g., white-blue-white on the red jersey and white-red-white on the blue jersey.

Eli-Manning-at-Ole-Miss.jpg

eli-manning.jpg

Coincidentally the Giants have the same problem with not fully utilizing team colors on their jerseys:

1262941373_eli.jpg

oodk705_EliManning62011.jpg

The way it should be done:

09000d5d80eb6070_gallery_600.jpghostetler_display_image.jpg?1265131915

87Redskins.png

I think some are confused on the original idea of this thread. It wasn't "What elements of uniforms you don't like?"

The ® on the cubs jersey or the unevenness of the Bears wishbone C are perfect examples of small details that bother you.

Inconsistent pant stripes from home and away aren't small details, they're designed that way. If one stripe was slightly bigger than another or tapered off slightly for no reason, that's another story

I think some are confused on the original idea of this thread. It wasn't "What elements of uniforms you don't like?"

The ® on the cubs jersey or the unevenness of the Bears wishbone C are perfect examples of small details that bother you.

Inconsistent pant stripes from home and away aren't small details, they're designed that way. If one stripe was slightly bigger than another or tapered off slightly for no reason, that's another story

Sorry, I completely disagree. The thread is simply about small details that bother you, whether accidental or intended. The OP points out the inconsistent lettering in the Blue Jays logo, something that was "designed that way."

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

• 2 weeks later...

- How the Saints pants stripe doesn’t match their helmet stripe.

The Saints really need to yank their racing stripes off the helmets. They would look so much better if they did. There are no matching stripes on any of their jerseys or pants, so it's completely out of place.

The white dots on the Erie Otters logo. I find that once you see them, they are kind of unnoticeable and are kind of annoying. If you can't see them, look at the red part by the second E and one huge one to the right of the otters neck.

1633.gif

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

This detail may be too big a detail to appear in this thread, but watching it last night reminded me how much it bothers me.

The Bears pants stripe on the blue pants matches nothing in the rest of their uniform set.

jay-cutler-on-bench-bears.jpgMatt+Forte+Zack+Follett+Detroit+Lions+v+

I think their current road uniforms are a really good look, but for the sake of consistency I would love it if the pants stripe went white-orange-white. It would also be a direct reverse of their white pants.

Here's a visual aid

bearsstripe_zpscb51c133.png

But, hat would only give the bears two stripes on their blue pants and there would still be an inconsistency.

Huh? It would be the same blue-white-orange-white-blue stripe from the socks and sleeves, but laid on a blue background. Did you not see my visual aid? It's exactly the same treatment their helmet logo gets:

Bears-logo.gifChicago_Bears_Helmet.jpg

Right, it would be the same blue/white/orange/white/blue treatment, but there are only three stripes. The color layout is the same, but because the pants are blue, there are no blue stripes.

Edit: For whatever reason, in the other post you quoted from me, I said two, when I meant three stripes. I'm in phone.

That's one way to look at it, but I like to look at that set of stripes as a white-orange-white stripe encased in blue. It's how all the stripes match on the Blackhawks white uniforms, including the pants.

Whether they make the stripes on the blue pants blue/white/orange/white/blue or white/blue/orange/blue/white both are preferable to what they actually use in orange-white-orange.

Being a huge Bears fan I would be lying if I said that I didn't consider the exact same thing that is being discussed here. In the end I am fine with it because the helmet does NOT have any stripes. I consider the pants and helmets to be the most important combo to match when striping is considered as opposed to jersey and pants. I feel that when the jersey and pants striping matches it is a little bit of overkill for me. I prefer the helmet and pants to match instead with the jersey acting as a complimentary element breaking up the pattern (i.e. Raiders, 49ers, Packers, Cowboys, etc.) In this case, I'm fine with the "mismatch" because again, the helmet is devoid of striping and therefore doesn't need to be matched. You can argue that they should opt for solid white or blue pants, but I argue that the striping makes it less bland. I don't know, maybe I'm odd...but I simply don't mind the classic striping in this case. It seems to work for me...regardless if I'm a fan or not. Good points made though in your commentary...very good points indeed.

The white dots on the Erie Otters logo. I find that once you see them, they are kind of unnoticeable and are kind of annoying. If you can't see them, look at the red part by the second E and one huge one to the right of the otters neck.

1633.gif

Since they're repeated down on the bottom as well, are you sure those aren't an intended design element for the sea foam/water drops, etc?

Obviously not a problem anymore, but this always kinda annoyed me. The baseball background behind where the marlin is leaping. It seems to me the circle the marlin is jumping through should be hollow.

florida-marlins-logo.jpg

I guess the marlin is being pinned to the circle by the giant baseball. Yikes.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

1633.gif

Since they're repeated down on the bottom as well, are you sure those aren't an intended design element for the sea foam/water drops, etc?

That's probably what they're supposed to be, but there's not enough of them to really sell the effect.

Obviously not a problem anymore, but this always kinda annoyed me. The baseball background behind where the marlin is leaping. It seems to me the circle the marlin is jumping through should be hollow.

florida-marlins-logo.jpg

Damn it...I never noticed that before. Now it'll bug me.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

florida-marlins-logo.jpg

Damn it...I never noticed that before. Now it'll bug me.

Well you won't have to see it now anyway, so it's not much of a deal.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I just recognized something:

lin-harden-rockets.jpg

The two stripes of the Rockets' shorts go together at the bottom, while the two stripes on the jersey don't do that at the top of the shoulders. Now that really bothers me.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived