Small details that bother you

How do they not match?
They are inverses of each other
So? The piping doesn't have to look exactly like the script. Also the Twins piping "matches" the numbers on their jerseys.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do they not match?
They are inverses of each other
So? The piping doesn't have to look exactly like the script. Also the Twins piping "matches" the numbers on their jerseys.
It's just a pet peeve of his, doesn't mean it cant be done like that and look good, it personally doesn't bother me

• 4 weeks later...

The Habs white jerseys bother me in their blandness.

The Detroit Tigers home uniforms and their complete lack of orange bothers me.

The fact that the Tigers and the Yankees insist on having two different monogram logos.

The complete lack of gold on the 49ers jerseys bothers me.

BUT TURDISHIN!!!!!1111!!!!! Ya ya, doesnt matter. These are things that these teams should fix.

The Habs white jerseys bother me in their blandness.

The Detroit Tigers home uniforms and their complete lack of orange bothers me.

The fact that the Tigers and the Yankees insist on having two different monogram logos.

The complete lack of gold on the 49ers jerseys bothers me.

BUT TURDISHIN!!!!!1111!!!!! Ya ya, doesnt matter. These are things that these teams should fix.

I completely agree, I just wouldn't consider these 'small details'

Louisville's basketball court really bothers me, mostly the paint. The way the AAC logo is facing the camera instead of facing the way it used to be while 'ville was with the Big East.

cool_zps114240e3.jpg

Compared to

cool_zpsb65101e0.jpg

I noticed that all teams in the American had the TV-oriented conference logo in the key (or on the floor). It wasn't just Louisville.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

tonight, during the stars/blues game, i noticed that the blues changed helmet stickers this season. they dropped the wordmark for the blue note.

it kept bugging me that the helmet uses a royal-blue note on a navy background, while just inches away on their shoulders, they use a navy-blue note on a navy background.

Stars_Blues_Hockey_Brow_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d

tonight, during the stars/blues game, i noticed that the blues changed helmet stickers this season. they dropped the wordmark for the blue note.

it kept bugging me that the helmet uses a royal-blue note on a navy background, while just inches away on their shoulders, they use a navy-blue note on a navy background.

It bothers me that the blue note doesn't have it's tail going backwards (like the way the US flag should appear on vehicles/uniforms) when on the right side of the helmet/jersey.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The Red Sox have, until the last few years, had a lot of inconsistencies with fonts.

Replica jerseys with the font from the old logo

pMLB2-4237013dt.jpg

Notice the circle in the R. taken from this logo

671.gif

compared to the actual players and authentic jerseys font

VFMLBBRMAJ00001.jpg

the logo was also updated and fixed the inconsistency

Red-Sox-logo4.gif

I know, that was a stupid change. Why couldn't they just leave the wordmark? And what's even more stupid is that they change the number decals from yellow to white to match the jerseys, but they leave the royal blue logo on the sides. This means they either change the decals every time they wear those jerseys, or they have a second set of helmets just for the numbers, they go through all that trouble, yet they leave a mismatched logo on the sides.

mlb-100622001.jpg10047628_navy_new_era_on_field_atlanta_b

Hate how fat the A is on the Braves' batting helmet compared to the cap. Never understood why they do this.

Probably has something to do with the durability of the decal. If they kept the thin A, parts of the decal might tear away easily when in use for 162+ games..

Just a theory...no fact behind this.

I've always liked the thicker A on the batting helmet. Just a unique quirk.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hate how fat the A is on the Braves' batting helmet compared to the cap. Never understood why they do this.

Probably has something to do with the durability of the decal. If they kept the thin A, parts of the decal might tear away easily when in use for 162+ games..

If it was that way all the way back in the 60's, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the best they could do at the time and/or nobody cared too much and they've just kept it the same ever since. Same reason as the Yankees' three "NY" logos: laziness and/or poor technology turned into tradition.

If it was that way all the way back in the 60's, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the best they could do at the time and/or nobody cared too much and they've just kept it the same ever since. Same reason as the Yankees' three "NY" logos: laziness and/or poor technology turned into tradition.

There was a bit of that going on with the Phillies cap and helmet logos circa late 60s...

1970%2BTopps%2BDick%2BAllen%2BPhillies.p

0740CSpring2013_med.jpeg

Not really a small detail, but it reeeeeeeeeeeeeally bugs me when teams use one letter to represent themselves, but instead of the name of the city, they go with the team name.

Eg. 403.gif. We know they're Bengals by the stripes, we don't need a giant B. It should be a C for Cincinnati.

I know this is funny coming from a Habs fan.

Also, the fact that the CAPITALS logo is in lower case lettering. Yes, I know that it's a completely different definition of the word, but still.

sig.png

There was a bit of that going on with the Phillies cap and helmet logos circa late 60s...

1970%2BTopps%2BDick%2BAllen%2BPhillies.p

Off topic, but the Phillies cap logo from the 60s is sooo much better than the current one.

pMLB2-3537670reg.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

sorry if this had already been posted....

but i hate when NBA players wear 2 shooting sleeves at the same time. I like the look of 1 sleeve (yes i know it does nothing for the player) but it looks cool to me, but wearing 2 just looks ridiculous

when-dwight-steps-to-the-line-kobe-needs

1585dsg.jpg

Archived