Small details that bother you

Biggest Uniform Gripe: Pro and College Football teams that include their team name below the front collar (not teams with full size lettering like Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas) and Pro and College Basketball teams that include their logo below the back collar (at times above last names and other times in place of last names).

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest Uniform Gripe: Pro and College Football teams that include their team name below the front collar (not teams with full size lettering like Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas) and Pro and College Basketball teams that include their logo below the back collar (at times above last names and other times in place of last names).

So every NBA team?

So every NBA team?

It's a "small detail that bothers me."

So this is a bit different from most posts but still fits.

I'm a huge Chiefs fan. I want to pick up a Derrick Johnson jersey. However, every site (NFL.com, KCChiefs.com, etc.) sells DJ's jersey or customizes it as "JOHNSON" on the back.

zsq2.png

But DJ has always had "D. JOHNSON" on the back. It's something that really turns me off on buying his jersey. To me, it just looks weird seeing "JOHNSON" on the back of #56. And even when I try to customize it saying "D. JOHNSON" an error pops up and says, Please enter only letters and spaces for the Name value.

512x.jpg

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

I'm a huge Chiefs fan. I want to pick up a Derrick Johnson jersey. However, every site (NFL.com, KCChiefs.com, etc.) sells DJ's jersey or customizes it as "JOHNSON" on the back.

zsq2.png

But DJ has always had "D. JOHNSON" on the back. It's something that really turns me off on buying his jersey. To me, it just looks weird seeing "JOHNSON" on the back of #56. And even when I try to customize it saying "D. JOHNSON" an error pops up and says,

Please enter only letters and spaces for the Name value.

512x.jpg

Are you sure thats how it is on the real jersey, cause the ones ive searched for all have D. Johnson, and i doubt a fake would get something right that nike cant, so its probably just a bad photoshop by the nfl/chiefs/nike

zsq2.png

But DJ has always had "D. JOHNSON" on the back. It's something that really turns me off on buying his jersey. To me, it just looks weird seeing "JOHNSON" on the back of #56. And even when I try to customize it saying "D. JOHNSON" an error pops up and says,

512x.jpg

Are you sure thats how it is on the real jersey, cause the ones ive searched for all have D. Johnson, and i doubt a fake would get something right that nike cant, so its probably just a bad photoshop by the nfl/chiefs/nike

Yeah...I want to get the Nike jersey and all of them just say "JOHNSON". I've seen a few Nike "D. Johnson" jerseys, but they are all fakes :(

So apparently the fakes did get it right and Nike/NFL screwed up.

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

zsq2.png

512x.jpg

Yeah...I want to get the Nike jersey and all of them just say "JOHNSON". I've seen a few Nike "D. Johnson" jerseys, but they are all fakes :(

So apparently the fakes did get it right and Nike/NFL screwed up.

Wow thats a first

Not sure if this would be classified as a "small detail", but the pink movement during the NFL season drives me absolutely insane.

Totally agree.

I hate the PinkOuts for three reasons:

1. It's very, very ugly in almost every single case.

2. The whole thing is a total :censored: ing scam where the charity being sold gets virtually none of the money fans spend on the mountain of pink-tinged crap.

3. Even if it wasn't a total :censored: ing scam, even if you want to ignore all the profits the NFL is gobbling up while claiming to support charity, even if you want to believe the claim that they're "raising awareness", that doesn't :censored: ing work, and might even be making things worse.

I can't even make a stupid joke about it, that's how pathetic, cynical and offensive the whole scheme is.

That the stars in these logos are too similar. 2 white stars identically beveled in silver. One needs to be different from the other...

jhepegs329pc7ugyypebl28wg.gif1079172014.gif

The bevels are slightly different. Check out the right point.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those Chiefs jerseys bug me in a different way. I HATE that they moved the sleeve striping from the base of the arms to halfway up the sleeves.

I also hate the lack of silver/gray in the Partiots road uniforms and despite the fact they should be applauded for still wearing the socks with stripes on the road the ones they do wear annoy me. The stripe pattern and colors look like a pair of cheap athletic socks I would go to my local KMart and buy for gym class when I was in school.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!!!

That the stars in these logos are too similar. 2 white stars identically beveled in silver. One needs to be different from the other...

jhepegs329pc7ugyypebl28wg.gif1079172014.gif

The bevels are slightly different. Check out the right point.

Well, there's a new one. Why is the beveling off on the Stars logo?

Archived