Small details that bother you

That the stars in these logos are too similar. 2 white stars identically beveled in silver. One needs to be different from the other...

jhepegs329pc7ugyypebl28wg.gif1079172014.gif

The bevels are slightly different. Check out the right point.

Well, there's a new one. Why is the beveling off on the Stars logo?

Becaus its more accurate of where the ahading would be, vesus just having every other section being shaded like the blue jacket one, also the columbus one is alot more skewed than dallas, its hard to make beveled stars look different, and i feel they did

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Arizona Diamondbacks' original look. However:

20130813_225040_zps90aa0e1c.jpg

You can not have your team's colors be purple, teal, copper, and black, include copper in the cap logo and the sleeve patch, and then use gold instead in the wordmark, numbers, and sleeve trim because, eh, close enough. No. Bad baseball team. No biscuit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hate it when consumer products feature elements (logo, wordmark, numbering, etc) that are inconsistent. For example, this Predators clock features the current logo with the teams previous numbers.

...I know right...

51fmqnDLJJL._SX342_.jpg

And one day working at the Sabres Store, I noticed all our Vanek shirts that recently came in all had slug numbers on them. People still bought them.

bufg.png

Panthers shoulder stripes

for the love of god FIX THIS!!!!

58132_642287615784248_1324399372_n.jpg

Carolina_DeAngeloWilliams.jpg

not only that but also the fact that their helmet stripes are NEVER consistent:

Armanti+Edwards+Chicago+Bears+v+Carolina

Carolina+Panthers+v+Oakland+Raiders+vRTw

the stripes are NEVER the same from player to player...sooooooo annoying

How bout those helmet stripes?! From watching many games and or highlights the panthers have always had this problem! I can see a high school student equipment manager doing this but this is an nfl team! The ravens and titans have similar stripes and I've never blatantly noticed that there's are inconsistent but from the first preseason game ever of the panthers this has always been a major problem!

temp1_2013UniReveal--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

Sorry for the large image, but the inconsistency of the striping on the new Vikings uniforms bothers me. The purple jersey and pants are good, with the white-purple-yellow striping. However, the white jersey and pants are purple-white-yellow and purple-yellow-purple respectively.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

The skyline in the mets logo looks nothing like new york.

Could it be representing the New York City skyline of the 1960s, when the logo was made?

Nope, it's basically a representation of the tallest building in each borough during the team's inception

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Yeah, I don't see the problem with that one. It's a stylized skyline featuring elements from various boroughs.

That's the best possible solution in a city where the skyline is always changing. They would have had to add the Twin Towers, then the Citibank building, then Time Warner, then remove the Twin Towers, then add the Times building.... Far better to use a composite skyline made up of landmarks.

I can't stand baseball teams that don't use evenly spaced buttons on jerseys without lettering sewn on the placket. The Red Sox, Yankees, and Tigers are prime examples of this, but there are many others as well.

9508028587_7ce34f82f2_o.png

9510822550_6cc076a53d_h.jpg

Teams that do it right include the Cubs and Nationals.

pMLB2-5669270dt.jpgpMLB2-5427989dt.jpg

What's funny is that the White Sox did it right on their throwbacks last season, but the regular jerseys suffer from the giant gap.

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n%29ySfM1BQtLoqM%29,g~~60_

tigers-white-sox-baseball.jpeg-1280x960.

One small detail which has bothered me in recent years has been the tiny size of school names or nicknames on college football jerseys. Universities like Texas and Oklahoma have it right with the larger size, but countless other schools prefer the microscopic version. If the Longhorns and Sooners can find a way to place patches around the jersey such as conference affilation, why can't others? There seemed to be many more schools with the bigger sizing years ago.

One NBA example which irks me is the tiny size of the words Golden State on their jerseys. Years ago, the sizing was larger, and seemed more suitable. It's weird to me, if you have room for the larger lettering, why not use it?

- Colts double-stripes everywhere but the helmet where they use the single stripe.

I ve heard this from a few people before but ill take a stab at defending it

Why i like it is because it adds variety and repetition at the same time. Think of the space between the stripes on the blue jersey. That negative blue space is reflected in the single helmet stripe. As are the numbers And The logo, both solid 1 color applications.

But it also adds instant variety from the other stripes which is, IMO, an interesting principle of design. Where the double stripes are used, there is always a double use of it: both sides of the pants, both sides of the jersey, and used to be on both socks. The single use of the helmet stripe makes the design seem balanced and marks a nice center point on the uniform.

I think there is also a branding advantage. Its just another adjustment from the Jets design which is overall very similar. Its a way to differentiate the two helmets as much as possible

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I can't stand baseball teams that don't use evenly spaced buttons on jerseys without lettering sewn on the placket. The Red Sox, Yankees, and Tigers are prime examples of this, but there are many others as well.

(Photos)

I either never noticed this or never thought long enough about it. Now it'll drive me nuts forever. I should not have looked at this thread.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

(Photos)

I either never noticed this or never thought long enough about it. Now it'll drive me nuts forever. I should not have looked at this thread.

Probably a "universal" base template to allow spacing for teams that have chest wordmarks. Some teams just may not care that much about it.

I hate it when consumer products feature elements (logo, wordmark, numbering, etc) that are inconsistent. For example, this Predators clock features the current logo with the teams previous numbers.

...I know right...

51fmqnDLJJL._SX342_.jpg

And one day working at the Sabres Store, I noticed all our Vanek shirts that recently came in all had slug numbers on them. People still bought them.

Something more related to the Sabres logo. I can't stand the outlines on the buffalo, the sabres, and the motion lines, and all over the bounding circle. Unnecessary, and muddies up a great logo.

$T2eC16V,!)QE9s3HFd1jBR3znWOd1!~~60_35.J

it should be a total throw back to this.

220px-BuffaloSabres1980s.png

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

...I know right...

51fmqnDLJJL._SX342_.jpg

Something more related to the Sabres logo. I can't stand the outlines on the buffalo, the sabres, and the motion lines, and all over the bounding circle. Unnecessary, and muddies up a great logo.

$T2eC16V,!)QE9s3HFd1jBR3znWOd1!~~60_35.J

it should be a total throw back to this.

220px-BuffaloSabres1980s.png

Going one step further, I don't like the "motion lines" in the logo. I just don't see it.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Since the Pistons unveiled a new uniform today it reminded me of another small detail that bothers me.

I hate how the brighter color on the side stripes is at the front of the uniform. I can't even explain why, but I wish the blue and red were flipped.

Corey+Maggette+Orlando+Magic+v+Detroit+P

PvO6ZWJ.png

Since the Pistons unveiled a new uniform today it reminded me of another small detail that bothers me.

I hate how the brighter color on the side stripes is at the front of the uniform. I can't even explain why, but I wish the blue and red were flipped.

Corey+Maggette+Orlando+Magic+v+Detroit+P

same here. for me, its because the front elements (number and word mark) are in red, and i would like to see the contrast of blue next (or close) to them

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived