Small details that bother you

Can't stand the Clippers jersey set these days. A serif name font is placed on their regular home and away jerseys, but a sans-serif modern name font is placed on their alternates and replica jerseys.

109009670_display_image.jpg?1297925727

Los-Angeles-Clippers-32-Blake-Griffin-Wh

That is bad. It has also always bugged me that they have a double outline on the Clippers. Blue with red outline (no white in between) would be much cleaner.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was brought up when these uniforms were first unveiled back in ('04, was it?)...that whole white thing was supposedly to mimic the white area on the underside of an actual tiger's leg. Half-decent idea in theory, horrible idea in execution. (But then, that pretty much sums up their entire visual identity, now doesn't it?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

cleveland-browns1.gifvs 2682866_crop_650x440.jpg?1296501184

This helmet template has always bothered me. The bottom and top bars as they come back towards the ear hole are too straight. They should both have a slight bend. It wouldn't be such a big deal if this generic template wasn't used as persistently as it has been since the early 90s by every team in every single league, most notably (and inexplicably) as the Browns primary logo.....which also bothers me but is a big detail not a small one.

This helmet template has always bothered me. The bottom and top bars as they come back towards the ear hole are too straight. They should both have a slight bend. It wouldn't be such a big deal if this generic template wasn't used as persistently as it has been since the early 90s by every team in every single league, most notably (and inexplicably) as the Browns primary logo.....which also bothers me but is a big detail not a small one.

That's not the same facemask. Of course they look different.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

The Bears home jersey

20120923_jel_sl8_099_standard_1348582159

The logo is orange with a white outline, the sleeve stripes are orange with white outlines, then the numbers should be orange with a white outline.

The NOB can stay white because orange would probably be hard to read on the blue in that small of font.

IbjBaeE.png

Noticed this on Hard Knocks last night. Why the F can't they fill the top of the stripes on the pants?

n51gv0o8htxdu7gp5eginqrgj.gif

I think its better to ask the :censored: they can't just get rid of the side panel.

There would be much rejoicing if they did, but that wouldn't fix all that's wrong with these uniforms. Speaking of the Bengals, I was just on a Bengals forum and two or three guys agreed that the Bengals orange jersey over black pants is their best look. :Oo:

If it's not that facemask which facemask is it based off of? This has bugged me for 20 or more years, I would like to see a photograph of an actual helmet with that facemask. (btw I'm just using the Browns to keep it consistent...) Obviously the template is not made by Riddell, but I can't imagine that it's not using the basic Riddell QB facemask used since the late 80s and still used by a few older players like Tom Brady.

sportsillust_bernie-kosar.jpgbkosar86topps1.jpgACTION-BrianSipe-Browns_display_image.jp

If it's not that facemask which facemask is it based off of? This has bugged me for 20 or more years, I would like to see a photograph of an actual helmet with that facemask. (btw I'm just using the Browns to keep it consistent...) Obviously the template is not made by Riddell, but I can't imagine that it's not using the basic Riddell QB facemask used since the late 80s and still used by a few older players like Tom Brady.

sportsillust_bernie-kosar.jpgbkosar86topps1.jpgACTION-BrianSipe-Browns_display_image.jp

It's almost exactly the same except the middle bar is dropped a bit lower. I have only ever seen one and it looked heaps weird

Piping on hockey & football & hockey jerseys

It can be okay on baseball unis, and maybe basketball, but on football & hockey unis, it's distracting.

ANd ugly.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

It's almost exactly the same except the middle bar is dropped a bit lower. I have only ever seen one and it looked heaps weird
Yep. It looks awful indeed. I saw it in the facemask thread. I'll see if I can find it

Edit- Found it.

5403274116_cbf7a5d683_b.jpg

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Since they released the new logo, it's always bothered me how the "Toronto" script doesn't have the white lines in the middle of each letter. Just a small thing, but it really bothers me.

2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.png

Are there any other small details in logos that really bother you?

Hadn't noticed that before--not a Blue Jays fan--but it certainly annoys me now.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

While I love the throwback esque Flyers uniforms...I hate the black nameplate on the back of the white road jersey.

The white nameplate on the orange jerseys are awesome because they are historically accurate. In this case, not so much.

On that note, I don't like the white Captain and Assistant patches on the away:

Flyers-Giroux-agree-on-8-year-deal.jpgCLaudeGiroux_display_image.jpeg?13424734

Again, don't care if it's historically accurate, it's dumb.

OttawaSenators.png

While I love the throwback esque Flyers uniforms...I hate the black nameplate on the back of the white road jersey.

The white nameplate on the orange jerseys are awesome because they are historically accurate. In this case, not so much.

On that note, I don't like the white Captain and Assistant patches on the away:

Flyers-Giroux-agree-on-8-year-deal.jpgCLaudeGiroux_display_image.jpeg?13424734

Again, don't care if it's historically accurate, it's dumb.

That's the thing - they changed it from orange/black to white/blak because it was historically accurate. Problem is, BOTH are historically accurate. The Flyers have used a number if different styles in their history, even white outlined in orange.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Since they released the new logo, it's always bothered me how the "Toronto" script doesn't have the white lines in the middle of each letter. Just a small thing, but it really bothers me.

2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.png

Are there any other small details in logos that really bother you?

Hadn't noticed that before--not a Blue Jays fan--but it certainly annoys me now.

It doesn't bother me because it emphasizes the team name rather than the city. This is common with logos in other sports as well....the city and nickname may be of the same font, but the nickname will have a more embellished treatment. In many of these cases, the nickname is larger as well (as it should be, for emphasis), and since it's sized bigger, it allows the styled effects without loss of legibility.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived