Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Calgary Stampeders with no red pants. The last pair they had a few year ago had the stripe far to thick.Or, go back to silver trim and silver pants like the mid 70's to 80's.

And black pants, if at all needed, should have a stripe (as the Stamps had when they first had black pants), not look like a leotard (that goes for anything in football or MLB too).

Back to this:

1997613a.jpg

They may still have alternate red pants, but striping it too thick.

If it has to be black pants, the pants worn in 2001 (look up the youtube Grey Cup highlights) are much much better.

Onto Calgary's other team.

Always bugged me that the Flames, after 8 or so home games in 2003, due to complaints from whiny old fans and broadcasters, who for some reason have to read names and not the 3x as large numbers, changed the black nameplate to white...but kept the numbers black. Totally disrupts the overall intended flow and design of the uniform (debuting the new black C) to have the back of the jersey mismatched.

Wade+Belak.jpeg

Regardless, if the change had to be made, should've changed the numbers to white at the same time, or at least, at the end of that season...but then the new Black C would've looked out of place.

Should've kept well enough alone.

They had a second chance to correct this in some manner when going to the Edge jersey, but kept the same setup.

Wish I would've got my jersey, that I got on launch in 2003, customized and had the original black name plate.

Also bugged me that the named are not outlined the same way the numbers were, on the home and away's, as the yellow outline is missing on both sets, though its less noticeable on the home jersey's,with black letters.

Finally, the sooner they can get rid of the name and number font, used for almost 20 years now, the better.

I think red lines going through the script would clutter it

Sorry for not explaining it right.. This is what I mean:

dodgers_ugh_zpsafbc1896.jpg

Well that's what I thought you meant, I actually went onto Paint and drew lines, but all looked good to me... Although it's quite obvious with that picture

This logo was covered before, but I don't think this detail was. There is no black outline on the wrist between the hand and the shirt cuff all the way on the right hand side of the logo. I also checked the nba.com store and the same problem is on merch, too.

slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif

I think red lines going through the script would clutter it

Sorry for not explaining it right.. This is what I mean:

dodgers_ugh_zpsafbc1896.jpg

Well that's what I thought you meant, I actually went onto Paint and drew lines, but all looked good to me... Although it's quite obvious with that picture

The revised speed lines on the right don't look right. The one on the left is too long. It's better the way they have it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

This logo was covered before, but I don't think this detail was. There is no black outline on the wrist between the hand and the shirt cuff all the way on the right hand side of the logo. I also checked the nba.com store and the same problem is on merch, too.

slhg02hbef3j1ov4lsnwyol5o.gif

Its an old logo, just now its recolored, it has had that problem since it came out as a black white and green logo, its easy to fix, but its such a classic they never will

Archived