Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Wisconsin, their inability to get correctly colored helmet decals the last decade or so drives me crazy every time I watch one of their games.

img8.png

Those are damn near maroon.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't stand when teams don't match their batting helmets to their caps.

1wUaxHW.png

Jose+Reyes+New+York+Yankees+v+Miami+Marl

I think I like the black helmets better. Too much of an overkill

Those helmets were used in a pair of pre-season exhibitions against the New York Yankees, and never saw use during the regular season. If anything, this is more vexxing, because the Marlins obviously spent the money on the helmets... so why not USE THEM?

I agree. It looks more like the color of the football he's holding, rather than the jersey. How can it be that tough to find a matching red?

I don't know why it's so tough.

Before changing to their current silliness, Miami had no trouble finding the the correct shade of red for their helmet graphics.

154841650.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Many other teams with red decals don't have the same problem Wisconsin does.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Speaking of Wisconsin, their inability to get correctly colored helmet decals the last decade or so drives me crazy every time I watch one of their games.

img8.png

I've always wondered about this too. You can't tell me they can't make a decal sticker and stripes using a lighter shade of red.

img8.png

Which is actually their historical color. This candy-apple red is far too bright.

Then they should consider making their jerseys and pants that color too. It would help differentiate them from Nebraska.

I've posted this in another thread,but

glasgow-celtic-st-mirren-fc-16-12-2012.j

when half of the team in soccer that is wearing a base layer and the other half that are wearing long-sleeves (w/ the hoops)

On a similar note, Arsenal have a tradition that the captain chooses whether they wear short or long sleeves in a match - all the outfield players follow his lead.

The problem is, this uniform look is rather spoilt when half the players in short sleeves elect to wear long sleeved undershirts. Pah.

img8.png

Which is actually their historical color. This candy-apple red is far too bright.

Then they should consider making their jerseys and pants that color too. It would help differentiate them from Nebraska.

This shade of red looks so much better (although I prefer every other design element of the modern set):

BWS5epL.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I don't think anybody's making that claim, even to themselves, since the stripes don't have black nor do the red numbers on the white jerseys. Those all show up just fine.

I was half joking about the random black drop shadow but in reality, I think there may be some grain of truth.

I see it all the time with client suggestions, and my with my students. Something isn't popping the way they want it to so the gut reaction solution is add a black outline or drop shadow. Unfortunately, more often than not, the true problem is the logo/design is simply sub par and no amount of outlining will fix that problem.

I'm sure that RBK Edge jerseys have been mentioned earlier on, but IMO the Barrie Colts have the worst edge jerseys. There are two things that really bother me about these jerseys:

1- The stripes don't go all the way around the arm, only the top half.

2- The Edge piping goes towards the back and don't extend to the bottom of the jersey.

Barrie_Colts_Misc_Photos_(11)0039.JPG

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

I'm sure that RBK Edge jerseys have been mentioned earlier on, but IMO the Barrie Colts have the worst edge jerseys. There are two things that really bother me about these jerseys:

2- The Edge piping goes towards the back and don't extend to the bottom of the jersey.

That seems like more than just a "small detail".

It was just pointed out in another thread that the Jags sleeve number is short one of the outlines of the front/back numbers. TV numbers not matching front/back numbers is a pet peeve. The original flying elvis Pats had plain white TV numbers and red-on-white front/back numbers and I hated it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That seems like more than just a "small detail".

This one isn't the best example, but I agree that some things on this thread are ' what you don't like about jerseys and logos' rather than small details.

Archived