Hogsstrom

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#321 hawk36

hawk36

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 09:47

I don't think anybody's making that claim, even to themselves, since the stripes don't have black nor do the red numbers on the white jerseys. Those all show up just fine.

I was half joking about the random black drop shadow but in reality, I think there may be some grain of truth.

I see it all the time with client suggestions, and my with my students. Something isn't popping the way they want it to so the gut reaction solution is add a black outline or drop shadow. Unfortunately, more often than not, the true problem is the logo/design is simply sub par and no amount of outlining will fix that problem.

#322 chrysleraspen08

chrysleraspen08
  • Stealing Food is Wrong!

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 10:01

I'm sure that RBK Edge jerseys have been mentioned earlier on, but IMO the Barrie Colts have the worst edge jerseys. There are two things that really bother me about these jerseys:

1- The stripes don't go all the way around the arm, only the top half.

2- The Edge piping goes towards the back and don't extend to the bottom of the jersey.

Barrie_Colts_Misc_Photos_(11)0039.JPG

Sporting Venue Count (for games):
OHL: 18 (25 Total)- 548 games as of the end of 2013-14
MLB: 5 (7 Total), NHL: 2
kitchenerrangers_sig2.png25p1ye8.jpg

#323 rxmc89

rxmc89

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 10:45

I'm sure that RBK Edge jerseys have been mentioned earlier on, but IMO the Barrie Colts have the worst edge jerseys. There are two things that really bother me about these jerseys:

2- The Edge piping goes towards the back and don't extend to the bottom of the jersey.

That seems like more than just a "small detail".

#324 OnWis97

OnWis97
  • It should always be Christmas in New Jersey

• Members
  • 6,392 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 13:17

It was just pointed out in another thread that the Jags sleeve number is short one of the outlines of the front/back numbers.  TV numbers not matching front/back numbers is a pet peeve.  The original flying elvis Pats had plain white TV numbers and red-on-white front/back numbers and I hated it. 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#325 kevsim1

kevsim1

• Members
  • 2,521 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 13:24

That seems like more than just a "small detail".

This one isn't the best example, but I agree that some things on this thread are ' what you don't like about jerseys and logos' rather than small details.

#326 sportstar1212

sportstar1212
  • Weltmeister!

• Members
  • 3,844 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Blackhawks
      Montreal Expos
      New England Patriots "Pat Patriot"
      Boston Celtics
      Hockey Canada 2010

Posted August 27, 2013 - 14:46

It was just pointed out in another thread that the Jags sleeve number is short one of the outlines of the front/back numbers.  TV numbers not matching front/back numbers is a pet peeve.  The original flying elvis Pats had plain white TV numbers and red-on-white front/back numbers and I hated it. 

The Seahawks TV numbers also don't have any outlines or the feather pattern on them:

konz-blue.jpeg

SSs78Ju.png

#327 TornadoGTS

TornadoGTS

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 14:52

The Seahawks TV numbers also don't have any outlines or the feather pattern on them:
konz-blue.jpeg

And the reason gordie_delini gave was that is was due to "visibility issues". Doesnt that kinda say its poor design if you have certain features on one set of numbers but you cant do it on another?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers    Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

#328 rxmc89

rxmc89

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted August 27, 2013 - 21:50

konz-blue.jpeg

They're too small to have the feather pattern, it would just look cluttered up, but there's no excuse why they shouldn't have the green outlines.

#329 Quillz

Quillz
  • Enlightened

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

• Favourite Logos:Angels
      Blue Jays
      Dodgers
      Rams

Posted August 27, 2013 - 21:58

Something about the Dodgers' numbers bother me. They look too thin. There used to be a white outline around them, right? When they got rid of it, they should have made the numbers a little thicker.

#330 MEANS

MEANS

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 07:49

konz-blue.jpeg

They're too small to have the feather pattern, it would just look cluttered up, but there's no excuse why they shouldn't have the green outlines.

Actually they don't need the green outlines on the TV numbers, that would make them more difficult to read.

#331 Ice_Cap

Ice_Cap
  • Mission to civilize

• Moderators
  • 21,163 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 08:24

konz-blue.jpeg
And the reason gordie_delini gave was that is was due to "visibility issues". Doesnt that kinda say its poor design if you have certain features on one set of numbers but you cant do it on another?
Sure does.

ultimateteamsignonfl_zpsc8c1a917.png

BASSempire_zps93b46457.png

PotD 2/26/12

#332 GoNordiques

GoNordiques
  • TEN YEARS UNITED

• Members
  • 4,958 posts

• Favourite Logos:(Unused) Quebec Nordiques
      Detroit Tigers (1961-1993)

Posted August 28, 2013 - 18:42

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the Rams primary logo; the horns and the body/head fit together, but area around the horns, it's just a blue mass. Never noticed it really until today.

#333 Hoops McCann

Hoops McCann

• Members
  • 40 posts

• Favourite Logos:Boston Bruins
      Federation Francaise de Football

Posted September 5, 2013 - 20:29

This new Verizon football commercial with the Ravens' Jacoby Jones is going to bug me this year. When he's running in the crowd he has white pants. Then he's being watched on the cell phone picture and he's wearing black pants.

#334 AnythingChicago

AnythingChicago
  • 2013-14 GHA Champions!

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Bulls primary

Posted September 5, 2013 - 22:05

This new Verizon football commercial with the Ravens' Jacoby Jones is going to bug me this year. When he's running in the crowd he has white pants. Then he's being watched on the cell phone picture and he's wearing black pants.

Other than that, the commerical annoying in general, and they always play it twice in the same commercial break. As if once wasn't more than enough. :rolleyes:

25yzwqg.png

#335 chrysleraspen08

chrysleraspen08
  • Stealing Food is Wrong!

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 22:06

This is definitely a small detail that bothers me. The Rangers centre ice logo for this season.

IMG_4354.jpg

The logos in centre ice are both pointed in the same direction. Most other rinks have them pointed in opposite directions. They are also missing the OHL logo in the Rangers logo too. It just looks weird IMO.

Sporting Venue Count (for games):
OHL: 18 (25 Total)- 548 games as of the end of 2013-14
MLB: 5 (7 Total), NHL: 2
kitchenerrangers_sig2.png25p1ye8.jpg

#336 Ice_Cap

Ice_Cap
  • Mission to civilize

• Moderators
  • 21,163 posts

Posted September 6, 2013 - 08:46

Agreed. The random OHL logo in the Rangers' logo is part of its junior league charm.

PotD 2/26/12

#337 LogoFan

LogoFan

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted September 7, 2013 - 18:55

Chargers' upside-down shoulder logo.

#338 wonderbread

wonderbread

• Banned
  • 4,045 posts

Posted September 7, 2013 - 19:36

Chargers' upside-down shoulder logo.

What do you mean?

#339 Gothamite

Gothamite
  • five boroughs, one City.

• Members
  • 22,381 posts

Posted September 7, 2013 - 20:49

In the last version of the uniforms, the bolts all moved in the same direction.

San-Diego-Chargers-screensaver_1.png

Look at the angles of the jagged lines. The helmet logos match the shoulder bolts: from the front, they extend back, then angle down and forward before continuing back again.

With this new one, the shoulder bolts are flipped upside down, so the jagged angles go the opposite way as those on the helmet:

Philip+Rivers+San+Diego+Chargers+v+New+O

The helmet bolts still go back and then down, but now the shoulder bolts go back and then up.

Hideous.

They took a great repeating motif and ruined it.

#340 Ice_Cap

Ice_Cap
  • Mission to civilize

• Moderators
  • 21,163 posts

Posted September 7, 2013 - 22:57

They wouldn't be the Chargers if they didn't take something nice and make it unsightly :(

PotD 2/26/12

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hogsstrom