Hogsstrom

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#341 faux

faux

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted September 8, 2013 - 00:19

The A-League logo being outlined on some kits, but not on others.

bpkx.png

#342 Bayne

Bayne

• Members
  • 968 posts

• Favourite Logos:Detroit Red Wings
      Dallas Stars
      St. Louis Blues

Posted September 8, 2013 - 08:24

Oh, hadn't noticed that....

It's been outlined on all kits for a few seasons now. That Brisbane one is the first I've seen without it in recent years...it looks better.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

#343 CLAW

CLAW

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted September 8, 2013 - 08:56

The Bears logo (while classic) was ruined for me when I noticed that the ends of the Letter C were uneven.  

Bears_zps7ef76552.gif

The Reds however have their ends even

REDS_zps2deab59e.gif

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE FICTIONAL-NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE

http://thenahl.weebly.com

#344 yauger72

yauger72

• Members
  • 292 posts

• Favourite Logos:Whalers
      Chief Wahoo
      Youngstown Steelhounds alternate

Posted September 8, 2013 - 09:15

The fact that Michigan football wears black cleats. If Notre Dame can get gold cleats, Michigan can definitely get blue.

Jets_zps66b1c061.png

#345 lancealot

lancealot
  • CODY's #1 fan boy

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

• Favourite Logos:big, chief wahoo, miami marlins, a's cap logo, flying elvis, gridiron australia, bucco bruce, mighty ducks, winnipeg jets, boston celtics, melbourne heart.

Posted September 8, 2013 - 17:57

Yeah but it's traditional to wear black cleats, and with a team with as much tradition as Michigan (their home unis at least) it makes sense to wear black

rYnIh.png

#346 WSU151

WSU151
  • Creating something totally illogical

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted September 8, 2013 - 18:33

I know we've covered this ad nauseum...but the 49ers' unis really would be perfect if they fixed the sleeve stripes.  Looking at the Packers' sleeves, it's obvious the three stripes would work, and the cut of the uniform would not get in the way.  Right now, it's awful.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

#347 Soarindude

Soarindude

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted September 8, 2013 - 20:16

The Bears logo (while classic) was ruined for me when I noticed that the ends of the Letter C were uneven.  

Bears_zps7ef76552.gif

The fact that I have never noticed this bothers me.

#348 themightyspitz

themightyspitz

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted September 8, 2013 - 21:22

Bears_zps7ef76552.gif

The fact that I have never noticed this bothers me.

I also am just noticing this now .

tumblr_lu419rDeQl1r0w390.jpg

Posted Image

#349 vicfurth

vicfurth
  • Highly-functioning sociopath...With your number.

• Members
  • 5,378 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 10:47

Networks and newspapers using old logos for NFL teams. Worse yet, they sometimes use two DIFFERENT logos (Fox did this with the Panthers a little yesterday).

Put in a little work guys!

dallascowboys_sig_new_zpse3cd8b4d.png

#350 mjd77

mjd77

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 11:58

I know we've covered this ad nauseum...but the 49ers' unis really would be perfect if they fixed the sleeve stripes.  Looking at the Packers' sleeves, it's obvious the three stripes would work, and the cut of the uniform would not get in the way.  Right now, it's awful.  

Ditto.  It was bugging the hell out of me during the 49er-Packer game yesterday.  Those sleeves are awful.

#351 BJ Sands

BJ Sands
  • Runnin' down a dream

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 01:12

The Patriots, Jets and Browns all have one set of striped socks and one set that's solid. Why can't the Jets have green-topped socks with two white stripes, and why is it so hard for the Browns to have a pair of brown-topped socks with orange and white stripes? The inconsistency bothers me to no end.

The Pats' uniforms just bother me as a whole. The striped socks don't fit that uniform.

#352 phutmasterflex

phutmasterflex

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:07

The Patriots, Jets and Browns all have one set of striped socks and one set that's solid. Why can't the Jets have green-topped socks with two white stripes, and why is it so hard for the Browns to have a pair of brown-topped socks with orange and white stripes? The inconsistency bothers me to no end.

The Pats' uniforms just bother me as a whole. The striped socks don't fit that uniform.

Wasn't it Adidas that manufactured the Pats' current set when it debuted? Were those white socks part of their self-promoting plan?

Posted Image

#353 BJ Sands

BJ Sands
  • Runnin' down a dream

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 02:51

Wasn't it Adidas that manufactured the Pats' current set when it debuted? Were those white socks part of their self-promoting plan?

Yes on the first question. Gosh I hope not on the second. But it would be the only explanation for that out-of-place element.

#354 Davidellias

Davidellias

• Members
  • 276 posts
    • Location:Knoxville,TN (home of the living Jeff Foxworthy jokes)

Posted September 12, 2013 - 07:10

Connor-Halliday-OSU-e1378309816197.jpg

Shoulder stripes are both pointlessly small, and doesn't mix with the white uni.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

160vv5e.jpg

#355 ohryan

ohryan

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted September 12, 2013 - 11:59

Every time I watch a Baltimore Ravens home game, I am bothered that the midfield logo isn't symmetrical and looks off-centered. The point at the bottom of the logo points directly at the 50-yard line, but the middle of the five black spikes on the interior part of the logo doesn't point up at the 50 in the opposite direction. This is the best image I could find, but's it's easy to notice in person or on TV.

ravens_midfield.jpg

#356 WSU151

WSU151

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 16:33

Army's end zones say "West Point"...and then there's a registered trademark circle-R.  No other school has this, I don't think.  It's kind of odd.  It's almost as if the athletic department is protecting itself from an Academy law suit.ecgarmynrthwestrn32a.jpg

#357 slapshot

slapshot
  • Overweight Samurai

• Super Mod
  • 13,750 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 19:10

Army's end zones say "West Point"...and then there's a registered trademark circle-R.  No other school has this, I don't think.  It's kind of odd.  It's almost as if the athletic department is protecting itself from an Academy law suit.ecgarmynrthwestrn32a.jpg

I noticed this as well. Of all places, one would think that West Point itself wouldn't need to put the ® on something on its own property.

CCSLC Post of the Day, June 12, 2013

So I'm bi.

So, you like the Canadiens AND the Maple Leafs?
:P

#358 crlachepinochet

crlachepinochet
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42

• Members
  • 3,436 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 22:03

I noticed this as well. Of all places, one would think that West Point itself wouldn't need to put the ® on something on its own property.

This is an old article, but it seems to show a little piece of what's happening with that.  I don't think the athletic department is fighting the academy; it's a message to the people in the town and other groups that use the West Point name.

#359 chrysleraspen08

chrysleraspen08
  • "No one can silence me but me!"

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 21:53

Every time I watch a Baltimore Ravens home game, I am bothered that the midfield logo isn't symmetrical and looks off-centered. The point at the bottom of the logo points directly at the 50-yard line, but the middle of the five black spikes on the interior part of the logo doesn't point up at the 50 in the opposite direction. This is the best image I could find, but's it's easy to notice in person or on TV.

ravens_midfield.jpg

Is it just me, or are the colours to the left side more faded than the right?

Sporting Venue Count (for games):
OHL: 18 (25 Total)- 550 games as of 10/8/14
MLB: 5 (7 Total), NHL: 2

#360 WSU151

WSU151

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 21:56

ravens_midfield.jpg

Is it just me, or are the colours to the left side more faded than the right?

The B and R quadrants are the same.  I think the gold vs. yellow makes it look more faded than it really is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hogsstrom