Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we've covered this ad nauseum...but the 49ers' unis really would be perfect if they fixed the sleeve stripes. Looking at the Packers' sleeves, it's obvious the three stripes would work, and the cut of the uniform would not get in the way. Right now, it's awful.

Ditto. It was bugging the hell out of me during the 49er-Packer game yesterday. Those sleeves are awful.

The Patriots, Jets and Browns all have one set of striped socks and one set that's solid. Why can't the Jets have green-topped socks with two white stripes, and why is it so hard for the Browns to have a pair of brown-topped socks with orange and white stripes? The inconsistency bothers me to no end.

The Pats' uniforms just bother me as a whole. The striped socks don't fit that uniform.

The Patriots, Jets and Browns all have one set of striped socks and one set that's solid. Why can't the Jets have green-topped socks with two white stripes, and why is it so hard for the Browns to have a pair of brown-topped socks with orange and white stripes? The inconsistency bothers me to no end.

The Pats' uniforms just bother me as a whole. The striped socks don't fit that uniform.

Wasn't it Adidas that manufactured the Pats' current set when it debuted? Were those white socks part of their self-promoting plan?

Go A's!

Wasn't it Adidas that manufactured the Pats' current set when it debuted? Were those white socks part of their self-promoting plan?

Yes on the first question. Gosh I hope not on the second. But it would be the only explanation for that out-of-place element.

Every time I watch a Baltimore Ravens home game, I am bothered that the midfield logo isn't symmetrical and looks off-centered. The point at the bottom of the logo points directly at the 50-yard line, but the middle of the five black spikes on the interior part of the logo doesn't point up at the 50 in the opposite direction. This is the best image I could find, but's it's easy to notice in person or on TV.

ravens_midfield.jpg

Army's end zones say "West Point"...and then there's a registered trademark circle-R. No other school has this, I don't think. It's kind of odd. It's almost as if the athletic department is protecting itself from an Academy law suit.ecgarmynrthwestrn32a.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Army's end zones say "West Point"...and then there's a registered trademark circle-R. No other school has this, I don't think. It's kind of odd. It's almost as if the athletic department is protecting itself from an Academy law suit.ecgarmynrthwestrn32a.jpg

I noticed this as well. Of all places, one would think that West Point itself wouldn't need to put the ® on something on its own property.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I noticed this as well. Of all places, one would think that West Point itself wouldn't need to put the ® on something on its own property.

This is an old article, but it seems to show a little piece of what's happening with that. I don't think the athletic department is fighting the academy; it's a message to the people in the town and other groups that use the West Point name.

Every time I watch a Baltimore Ravens home game, I am bothered that the midfield logo isn't symmetrical and looks off-centered. The point at the bottom of the logo points directly at the 50-yard line, but the middle of the five black spikes on the interior part of the logo doesn't point up at the 50 in the opposite direction. This is the best image I could find, but's it's easy to notice in person or on TV.

ravens_midfield.jpg

Is it just me, or are the colours to the left side more faded than the right?

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

ravens_midfield.jpg

Is it just me, or are the colours to the left side more faded than the right?

The B and R quadrants are the same. I think the gold vs. yellow makes it look more faded than it really is.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The left-facing Motion W on the left side of Wisconsin's football helmet has always looked weird to me:

SPORTS_footballrecap_AF-540x270-13787310

The left-facing Motion W doesn't appear to be used elsewhere. In fact, the basketball team uses the right-facing W on both sides of its shorts:

1768cd2a1f397d04280f6a70670034db.jpg?ve=

I'm not suggesting that the football team do that, but I would retire the left-facing Motion W and replace it with the player number in the same tilt/skew:

9771476024_44a1736634.jpg

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

UCLA's script logo bothers me a bit. They choose to use title case/sentence case, i.e. having it read "Ucla" as if it's a regular word and not an acronym.

UCLA should get together with the University of Pittsburgh and exchange ideas for logos. UCLA can have their logo read "UCLA" in all-capital block letters like Pitt does currently, while Pitt's logo can return to the cursive script, title case look it had two logos ago. I think such an exchange would benefit both universities.

Archived