Small details that bother you

4 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The numbers are done that way because someone was paying attention when they did the research. :-)

120615_Powell.jpg

Actually, they got the 5 wrong. The throwbacks don't have that notch in the outline on the left side of the 5 that your picture has.B)

Like I said above while you were probably typing this, I'm all for accuracy in throwbacks, but I don't like the look of that detail in a uniform that I otherwise really like.

Edit: and the font is different

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Actually, they got the 5 wrong. The throwbacks don't have that notch in the outline on the left side of the 5 that your picture has.B)

Like I said above while you were probably typing this, I'm all for accuracy in throwbacks, but I don't like the look of that detail in a uniform that I otherwise really like.

Edit: and the font is different

Yep. Just edited my post as I spotted it too. Can’t win ‘em all, I guess.

One detail that reeeeeally bugs me is this one: whoever designed the Bills’ throwback must have used a Polaroid-quality photo as the only reference to confirm the sleeve design, and now the Bills’ throwback will probably forever have two blue stripes and two red stripes on the sleeve:

3000636.gif

Buffalo_Dolphins_Football_3%20(1).JPG

A better photo shows that the sleeve stripes actually were an inverse of the socks; four blue stripes with red trim:

2189a_lg.jpeg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

19 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Yep. Just edited my post as I spotted it too. Can’t win ‘em all, I guess.

One detail that reeeeeally bugs me is this one: whoever designed the Bills’ throwback must have used a Polaroid-quality photo as the only reference to confirm the sleeve design, and now the Bills’ throwback will probably forever have two blue stripes and two red stripes on the sleeve:

3000636.gif

Buffalo_Dolphins_Football_3%20(1).JPG

A better photo shows that the sleeve stripes actually were an inverse of the socks; four blue stripes with red trim:

2189a_lg.jpeg

. . . not to mention that all four sleeve stripes are the same width on the throwback (or pretty close to it), unlike the original.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 1 year later...

Metallic colors in matte finishes. Not sure how small of a detail you would consider that, but it bugs me.

Also (probably more in line with the original purpose of this thread), the little trademark symbol at the end of a logo. I get its purpose but I'd rather they didn't put it everywhere. It's irritating.

Something a lot of people probably don’t even notice: the Rams’ classic jerseys white names on the back

F6RHyDP.jpg

There is no white anywhere else on the jersey. Gold contrasts perfectly fine on its own, why make the names white? Similarly, I’d also drop the white stripe on the pants and have either Blue-Gold-Blue or just one solid Blue stripe. The two colors have enough contrast, don’t muddy it up with white

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

Something a lot of people probably don’t even notice: the Rams’ classic jerseys white names on the back

F6RHyDP.jpg

There is no white anywhere else on the jersey. Gold contrasts perfectly fine on its own, why make the names white? Similarly, I’d also drop the white stripe on the pants and have either Blue-Gold-Blue or just one solid Blue stripe. The two colors have enough contrast, don’t muddy it up with white

I can't stand the white stripe on the pants. I find it so distracting

Adidas curving the stripes on NHL jerseys is just as bad as Reebok's extreme whale tail.  What is the point of the curved hem in the first place?  For Reebok, they had the dumb idea of tucking in the jerseys, but that never ended up happening, so why couldn't they just make the hem straight anyways?  

Archived