Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That the Lakers do not use drop shadow anymore and the use of the white jersey and the non-use of the purple jersey.

I think you have it the other way around. The purple is for road games while the white is only for sunday/holiday home games.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

That the Lakers do not use drop shadow anymore and the use of the white jersey and the non-use of the purple jersey.

I think you have it the other way around. The purple is for road games while the white is only for sunday/holiday home games.

My bad, I don't follow the NBA that closely at all. Still wish they stuck with the drop shadow.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I also think the Giants' current set is one of the best in the league. They tried putting both blue and red on the road jersey in the Kerry Collins years, and to me it looked purple from a distance:

05+-+2002+Giants+@+49ers.jpg

I like the current red-only version much better.

Honestly, I think that's just due to bad lighting. In good lighting, those looked fantastic.

UX7CIcK.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Here's an inconsistency that bothers me - since the Texas Rangers use this style of trim on their numerals and lettering:

TexasRangers_UBN01a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

...why is the wordmark on the front of the jersey this?:

TexasRangers_UNS01a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

...instead of this?:

TexasRangers_PropUNS1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

(The superfluous Black dropshadow is another issue.)

I also think the Giants' current set is one of the best in the league. They tried putting both blue and red on the road jersey in the Kerry Collins years, and to me it looked purple from a distance:

Honestly, I think that's just due to bad lighting. In good lighting, those looked fantastic.

UX7CIcK.png

Agree, Those jerseys looked professional...the current ones look like practice or low-budget high school jerseys.

87Redskins.png

This one's an ongoing production mistake that never gets corrected - and I know this one's been brought up before - but it continues to bug me...the Indiana Pacers' mismatched stripes.

The location of the Gray stripes between the jerseys and shorts do not line up on the White and Navy uniforms. Here's a pic of the White unis:

4264-indiana-pacers-versus-atlanta-hawks

Navy:

Dwyane+Wade+Udonis+Haslem+Indiana+Pacers

The Gold alts are correct.

Here are some official graphics that show the issue more clearly:

Incorrect (yet game-worn) White uniforms:

IndianaPacers_IncorrectSidePanelDetail01

Corrected White uniforms:

IndianaPacers_SidePanelDetail01a_2013_SC

Incorrect (yet game-worn) Navy uniforms:

IndianaPacers_IncorrectSidePanelDetail02

Corrected Navy uniforms:

IndianaPacers_SidePanelDetail02a_2013_SC

Gold (correct):

IndianaPacers_SidePanelDetail03a_2013_SC

However, there are rumors that the Pacers may be getting redesigned uniforms for 2013-2014 anyway, so this all might be moot.

UX7CIcK.png

This actually looks much more cheap, haphazard and high school-caliber to me, while the crisp, clean current jerseys look very professional. I do like the pants, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

UX7CIcK.png

This actually looks much more cheap, haphazard and high school-caliber to me, while the crisp, clean current jerseys look very professional. I do like the pants, though.
I dont like the current away because there is no blue on a team that calls itself "big blue" i think the current away could easily add blue to it, by having the big thick stripe be blue, and id like blue numbers outlined in red, but i know red numbers are tradition so those outlined in blue, and make a matching home jersey

Similar to that Toronto problem. It really bothers me that the Brewers put a second, navy, drop-shadow on their jerseys.

pMLB2-5669706dt.jpg

But only on the front wordmark. The rest is fine with just a white outline and gold drop-shadow:

pMLB2-9567356dt.jpg

They do this on the road grays as well, and it's infuriating.

pMLB2-5669713dt.jpg

It's overly fussy on its own (who needs two drop-shadows?) but the inconsistency makes it worse.

I'm also bothered by the fact that they have to rotate the script to make it fit on the primary logo:

ttfelv66500qiz4fenp9hphn5.gif

ophgazfdzfdkeugut9bdw3iyz.gif

That's just bad design.

The Brewers use Times New Roman, right? That's an awful font choice.

Orgo, are you refering to the type that says "Milwaukee"? If so, that's Copper Plate, and even though it is a classic and was created in 1901, it still is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over used and gets on my nerves. People use it to look "old timey" all the time.

Also, the Golden State Warriors use it too...

200px-Golden_State_Warriors_logo.svg.png

Similar to that Toronto problem. It really bothers me that the Brewers put a second, navy, drop-shadow on their jerseys.

pMLB2-5669706dt.jpg

But only on the front wordmark. The rest is fine with just a white outline and gold drop-shadow:

pMLB2-9567356dt.jpg

They do this on the road grays as well, and it's infuriating.

pMLB2-5669713dt.jpg

It's overly fussy on its own (who needs two drop-shadows?) but the inconsistency makes it worse.

I'm also bothered by the fact that they have to rotate the script to make it fit on the primary logo:

ttfelv66500qiz4fenp9hphn5.gif

ophgazfdzfdkeugut9bdw3iyz.gif

That's just bad design.

The Brewers use Times New Roman, right? That's an awful font choice.

Orgo, are you refering to the type that says "Milwaukee"? If so, that's Copper Plate, and even though it is a classic and was created in 1901, it still is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over used and gets on my nerves. People use it to look "old timey" all the time.

Also, the Golden State Warriors use it too...

200px-Golden_State_Warriors_logo.svg.png

I'd bet he means the AWFUL NOB & Number font. THAT'S Times New Roman.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

...why is the wordmark on the front of the jersey this?:

TexasRangers_UNS01a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

...instead of this?:

TexasRangers_PropUNS1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

(The superfluous Black dropshadow is another issue.)

Your version looks worlds better. Switching the colors makes a huge difference.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived