Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I've seen the Rangers' font issue and the Pacers' stripe issue I can't fathom how those made it through quality control. Then again, this is a world where Cowboys' multiple issues exist.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

I don't know if thus is a small detail, but... I don't like when collegiate women's teams have male nicknames.

Eg:

Providence Friars ... should be Providence Nuns

Fairfield Stags ... should be Fairfield Does

Colorado State, URI, Fordham Rams .... should be Ewes

South Carolina Gamecocks .... should be SC Hens

It also works in the reverse:

University of Delaware men's teams should be the Blue Roosters, not the Blue Hens

The only school to do it correctly is Wyoming... they refer to their women teams as Cowgirls.

I don't know if thus is a small detail, but... I don't like when collegiate women's teams have male nicknames.

Eg:

University of Delaware men's teams should be the Blue Roosters, not the Blue Hens

The only school to do it correctly is Wyoming... they refer to their women teams as Cowgirls.

I dont like that because the mascot name identifies the school, not the team, and when the team wouldnt exist without the school i dont believe the name should change to make sure they are gender specific.

Megan Fox's thumbs

alg-stump-thumb-jpg.jpg

tumblr_lpu6mr0TJL1qhub34o1_400.gif

Anyways, my beef is the fact that the Dodgers front number is red and the back is blue. It is the only red on the uniform at all, so I wish they'd just stick with either all red numbers or all blue. (and I know, f*** tradition like someone said with the Yanks.

spacer.png

I hate that the Chicago Bears away stripes are a different style than the home:

7099_chicago_bears-road-2012.png

Chicago-Bears.jpg

I also hate that the stripes don't match the numbers in terms of color order. Would it really be so hard to have 3 orange-white-orange stripes on the home jersey and 3 orange-blue-orange stripes on the away? This leads to an issue of the pants striping not being consistent with the sleeve stripes, but it'd be far less aneurysm-inducing than their current set.

For several years, some of the Reds' helmet logos have been waaaaaaay too large, like this:

$T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tlWWBQ)Nw9W2j!~~60_35.J

It doesn't seem that this has been the case with all the helmets, though. Some players' look "normal" sized. Wouldn't they get all the decals from the same source and wouldn't they be made the same size? Regardless, it really annoys me when I see one as large as the one above. It almost reminds me of something like this:

4f3f6cab7e894.jpg

I don't feel like posting a pic right now, but I've seen a number of softball jerseys with either the school name or nickname in script....and the word SOFTBALL or FASTPITCH on the tail. Granted, never seen it on a college jersey, but a few high school teams in my area do it off and on, and I feel it looks dumb. You don't see "BASEBALL" on the Dodgers underscore, do you?

Yes yes yes. I hate when teams do that. I work for a sporting goods store and everytime someone wants to put baseball/softball etc. in the tail I try to talk them out of it, but they think it's the coolest thing ever. Like people are not going to know what your playing while watching you.

There was a time during the 1980s when a LOT of high school volleyball teams (at least in Kansas) just had to have either a volleyball or a volleyball net on the front of their uniforms. It just made me think why that was necessary. Did the coaches think that without those elements, we wouldn't know the players belonged on the court? ("They don't have a volleyball on their uniform! Get those basketball players off the volleyball court!")

...why is the wordmark on the front of the jersey this?:

TexasRangers_UNS01a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

...instead of this?:

TexasRangers_PropUNS1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

(The superfluous Black dropshadow is another issue.)

Your version looks worlds better. Switching the colors makes a huge difference.

Switching the red and white around even seems to make the blue look brighter.

Now that I've seen the Rangers' font issue and the Pacers' stripe issue I can't fathom how those made it through quality control. Then again, this is a world where Cowboys' multiple issues exist.

Yeah but the cowboys issues have been around for decades. The pacers and rangers are new designs that were designed in this new age, social media, high def world we live in. Crazy how those made it all the way to production.

And, fwiw, much of the Cowboys issues (like the varying shades of silver) stem from an attempt to make all the various materials match on television.

Which shouldn't be an issue with the advent of HDTV. The Cowboys need to get with the program and fix their colors for the modern age.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Eg:

I dont like that because the mascot name identifies the school, not the team, and when the team wouldnt exist without the school i dont believe the name should change to make sure they are gender specific.

I think Louisiana Tech also had different nicknames. Men are the Bulldogs, and Women are the Lady Techsters. At least, they used to be.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I hate that the Chicago Bears away stripes are a different style than the home:

7099_chicago_bears-road-2012.png

Chicago-Bears.jpg

I also hate that the stripes don't match the numbers in terms of color order. Would it really be so hard to have 3 orange-white-orange stripes on the home jersey and 3 orange-blue-orange stripes on the away? This leads to an issue of the pants striping not being consistent with the sleeve stripes, but it'd be far less aneurysm-inducing than their current set.

But it matches the socks though

Go A's!

Archived