Small details that bother you

Megan Fox's thumbs

alg-stump-thumb-jpg.jpg

tumblr_lpu6mr0TJL1qhub34o1_400.gif

Anyways, my beef is the fact that the Dodgers front number is red and the back is blue. It is the only red on the uniform at all, so I wish they'd just stick with either all red numbers or all blue. (and I know, f*** tradition like someone said with the Yanks.

No way, the Dodgers red numbers on the front are one of the best parts of their uniforms. It makes them instantly recognizable. It takes what would otherwise be a rather bland and generic uniform and makes it really pop.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that the Chicago Bears away stripes are a different style than the home:

7099_chicago_bears-road-2012.png

Chicago-Bears.jpg

I also hate that the stripes don't match the numbers in terms of color order. Would it really be so hard to have 3 orange-white-orange stripes on the home jersey and 3 orange-blue-orange stripes on the away? This leads to an issue of the pants striping not being consistent with the sleeve stripes, but it'd be far less aneurysm-inducing than their current set.

But it matches the socks though

Still bothers me (though it's not as annoying because of that detail). It's like the Cowboys's uniforms - just make them the same template, and be done with it.

I don't feel like posting a pic right now, but I've seen a number of softball jerseys with either the school name or nickname in script....and the word SOFTBALL or FASTPITCH on the tail. Granted, never seen it on a college jersey, but a few high school teams in my area do it off and on, and I feel it looks dumb. You don't see "BASEBALL" on the Dodgers underscore, do you?

Yes yes yes. I hate when teams do that. I work for a sporting goods store and everytime someone wants to put baseball/softball etc. in the tail I try to talk them out of it, but they think it's the coolest thing ever. Like people are not going to know what your playing while watching you.

There was a time during the 1980s when a LOT of high school volleyball teams (at least in Kansas) just had to have either a volleyball or a volleyball net on the front of their uniforms. It just made me think why that was necessary. Did the coaches think that without those elements, we wouldn't know the players belonged on the court? ("They don't have a volleyball on their uniform! Get those basketball players off the volleyball court!")

i've seen it done at my college's (stetson) softball team's practice gear, ive never watched a game of theirs so i don't know if it's on the game uniform too.

I don't know if thus is a small detail, but... I don't like when collegiate women's teams have male nicknames.

Eg:

Providence Friars ... should be Providence Nuns

Fairfield Stags ... should be Fairfield Does

Colorado State, URI, Fordham Rams .... should be Ewes

South Carolina Gamecocks .... should be SC Hens

It also works in the reverse:

University of Delaware men's teams should be the Blue Roosters, not the Blue Hens

The only school to do it correctly is Wyoming... they refer to their women teams as Cowgirls.

I dont like that because the mascot name identifies the school, not the team, and when the team wouldnt exist without the school i dont believe the name should change to make sure they are gender specific.

I think Louisiana Tech also had different nicknames. Men are the Bulldogs, and Women are the Lady Techsters. At least, they used to be.

The University of Alberta has the Golden Bears(men) and Pandas(women) don't know why.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I hate it when consumer products feature elements (logo, wordmark, numbering, etc) that are inconsistent. For example, this Predators clock features the current logo with the teams previous numbers.

Isn't it a prerequisite for merchandise products like that too be visually inconsistent? I'm always spotting flaws in stuff like that.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Chicago-Bears.jpg

I also hate that the stripes don't match the numbers in terms of color order. Would it really be so hard to have 3 orange-white-orange stripes on the home jersey and 3 orange-blue-orange stripes on the away? This leads to an issue of the pants striping not being consistent with the sleeve stripes, but it'd be far less aneurysm-inducing than their current set.

THIS... I've always thought the Bears would look much better if their logo and sleeve stripes were white outlined in orange instead of the way it is now.

Chicago-Bears.jpg

THIS... I've always thought the Bears would look much better if their logo and sleeve stripes were white outlined in orange instead of the way it is now.

I think this belongs in unpopular opinions

I don't know if thus is a small detail, but... I don't like when collegiate women's teams have male nicknames.

Eg:

University of Delaware men's teams should be the Blue Roosters, not the Blue Hens

The only school to do it correctly is Wyoming... they refer to their women teams as Cowgirls.

I dont like that because the mascot name identifies the school, not the team, and when the team wouldnt exist without the school i dont believe the name should change to make sure they are gender specific.

I think Louisiana Tech also had different nicknames. Men are the Bulldogs, and Women are the Lady Techsters. At least, they used to be.

The University of Alberta has the Golden Bears(men) and Pandas(women) don't know why.

Central Arkansas Bears / Sugar Bears

McNeese St. Cowboys / Cowgirls

Oklahoma St. Cowboys / Cowgirls

Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors / Rainbow Wahine

USC Trojans / Women of Troy

Just a few off the top of my head

IIRC, the skyline in the Mets logo isn't supposed to be more symbolic than accurate, with each building representing a different section of New York.

...by your own description, the logo IS supposed to be more symbolic than accurate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Eg:

Central Arkansas Bears / Sugar Bears

McNeese St. Cowboys / Cowgirls

Oklahoma St. Cowboys / Cowgirls

Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors / Rainbow Wahine

USC Trojans / Women of Troy

Just a few off the top of my head

Tennesee volunteers and lady vols

I don't know if it counts as a "small detail," but I can't stand the trend of wearing long (pajama) pants in baseball. I keep thinking things like that are cyclical, so the current trend will surely fade away soon, but it's been going on for a while now. A few players occasionally experiment with stirrups, or at least the "high cuffed solid sock look" (which I don't really like, but do like better than the pajama pants), but I still don't feel like the pendulum is swinging. I'm starting to wonder if the pajama pants are here to stay.

I don't know if it counts as a "small detail," but I can't stand the trend of wearing long (pajama) pants in baseball. I keep thinking things like that are cyclical, so the current trend will surely fade away soon, but it's been going on for a while now. A few players occasionally experiment with stirrups, or at least the "high cuffed solid sock look" (which I don't really like, but do like better than the pajama pants), but I still don't feel like the pendulum is swinging. I'm starting to wonder if the pajama pants are here to stay.

same here, stirrups look 100x better.

Although I hate how most cleats are made without the flap tounge now. Stirrups only look good with the flap tongue

Flap Tongue:

2009-MLB-DRBradford-0022.jpg

hi-res-71376877_display_image.jpg?134971

Non Flap over tongue:

Ubaldo+Jimenez+Detroit+Tigers+v+Clevelan

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

I hate the current uniform set of my alma mater (North Texas) because of two aspects of the pant striping:

1. It comes out of no where considering there's nothing on the uniform top to "lead" to the stripe

2. Absent an association with some striping on the top, any pants striping should be a straight line

DRC_090812_UNTvsTSU_9.jpg

DRC_101612_UNTvsULL_2.jpg

50b205287f42e.image.jpg

I admit, the bad look is made more pronounced when pants & top color are the same, but I could do without this striping altogether

Archived