New Yahoo! logo(s)

FooMasterX5

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that it looks really plain and uninteresting, but the 30 days thing via YouTube seems to indicate they're going to become more like Google and have a new modification of their wordmark every day.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I would say that it looks really plain and uninteresting, but the 30 days thing via YouTube seems to indicate they're going to become more like Google and have a new modification of their wordmark every day.

yeah however at the end of the 30 days they'll unveil one new official logo.

from the video the common theme looks like simplicity, which isnt a bad thing

True2OB.png

About time. They've looked dated for the last 10 years in my opinion. Big improvement. Well, not big, but definitely a step in the right direction. Ie, the future. Ie, modern day.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

No, thank you. Put me in the camp that doesn't like it. The "use whatever font you want" move is not a good one. Especially when the "standard" one is so bad.

The playfulness of the off–kilter O's loses all it's fun when done in Gotham. It works in some of the examples in the video...so why not pick one of those?

This feels like a time where somebody couldn't pick a choice and said, "Hey, let's use all of them!"

Im mostly with JP here. They need an identity upgrade but im not sure what the point of this is. Have they really already chosen their logo or are they trying to guage public opinion on 30 fonts to choose the " best" one? It really feels like a company that dosent know who they are or who they want to be and instead of ciguring that out, they're going to do whatever it is that will allow them to be publicly accepted as a legit brand. Its seems like a good way to end up with a logo that dosent say anything about them and is just boring and dull

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Fonts are a dangerous thing.

It can easily make or break your branding.

Yahoo has a font, has an identity and has it's style. Upgrading is a good idea, but the first "try" was a complete fail. It looks like they went to Dafont and picked a random font and just used that. No real thought behind it.

IMO Upgrade, but keep the quirkiness of the old font, at least in spirit. Going stone cold san serif is a huge blunder.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Today's Logo

tumblr_inline_mr6zkxpCDL1qz4rgp.jpg

CurvesLogo.jpg

Yahoo! Now for 40-something women!

i was thinking Lifetime Network

but in the 2 logos they've used now, you see 2 completely different personalities. each "works" as well as they other and im sure any of them will be fine logos, but it just shows you they dont know who they are or what they want their audience to think of them. its amateur branding hour

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived