New Yahoo! logo(s)

FooMasterX5

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think there is a google exec now in charge of yahoo (at least marketing) but as far as I know they are still primary competitors.. and for what its worth, thin, beveled font belongs to google! This is sans serif, all caps and 1 color but even still it really looks a lot like Google -- which is the farthest thing it should be.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Also, what was the point of showing 29 logos for a month if they had already made up their minds?

There's a reason that companies almost never publicly show discarded branding concepts. If you don't hit a grand slam with the final product, everybody has already been given something against which to unfavorably compare.

Had they just made the switch, we'd probably now just say "Hmm. Boring logo." and forget about it. But once we've seen better ones, better ones they rejected, it keeps us talking about their terrible choices.

^^^ And it doesn't even have to be the same "better" one. If you follow along like they presumably wanted you to, and you liked a single one of the discarded logos better than the final one, the whole project is probably a disappointment in your eyes. Repeat x10,000.

But hey, it was fun for us nerds.

• 2 weeks later...

i hate everything about this campaign.... not to mention the blog from the ceo

cause all logos representing major public companies get cooked up on a weekend...

"On a personal level, I love brands, logos, color, design, and, most of all, Adobe Illustrator. I think it’s one of the most incredible software packages ever made. I’m not a pro, but I know enough to be dangerous :)"

f****ing cringe <_<

Sorry, Sid. No contest. It was a thing Yahoo had where they released 30 different forms of YAHOO and the chose which one they wanted, which was chosen ahead of time. Despite this, based on your previous work, I'd like to see what you've made :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived