New Yahoo! logo(s)

FooMasterX5

So far, I have not liked any of them.

Honestly, with a name like Yahoo! they need a logo that reflects the same fun, craziness of that name. This old one works best.

Yahoo-official-logo.jpg

I hate the emphasis on purple, but I guess with their obsession with tabloid-like reporting and stalking celebrities, they're playing to their female target audience.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5:

tumblr_inline_mrcli3gb6V1qz4rgp.jpg

Nothing sells "excited exclamation" like lowercase rounded letters.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I thought I read that they've already chosen the logo, this is just their method of build-up.

It'd be easy to say all the reasons that's a bad idea, but for some reasons I don't mind it. I hope they made a good choice for what they're using full-time, but as far as doing this to stir up a little attention? Hey, why not?

You might recall that Yahoo toyed with an update about 5 years back, but ultimately decided to not go through with it. I'm thinking it was similar to Day 1's logo, but with rounded corners.

EDIT:

This is what I'm talking about, from 2008. I liked it back then, but the consensus seemed to be the opposite.

new-yahoo-logo.jpg

So far, I have not liked any of them.

Honestly, with a name like Yahoo! they need a logo that reflects the same fun, craziness of that name. This old one works best.

Yahoo-official-logo.jpg

I hate the emphasis on purple, but I guess with their obsession with tabloid-like reporting and stalking celebrities, they're playing to their female target audience.

Egotastic does stalking celebrities better.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived