ACC Concepts *Entire Conference Complete 11/19/2013*

bigmike

I am now on Conference #5 in my NCAA Football Series. One of these days I'll go back and edit the SEC, Pac-12, and Independents to go on my new template and I may re-do some teams but for now I want to go ahead and move on with some new conferences.

Conferences Completed

B1G

FBS Independents
Pac-12
SEC

ACC (14/14)

ACCHelmets_zps8e2d9a13.png

Atlantic Completed 8/11/2013: See Post 1

Coastal Completed 11/19/2013: See Post 19

So last week I posted my Duke-UNC concepts, they will be posted in this thread a little bit later since they are in the Coastal division. First up is the Atlantic division, I find myself saying this alot while doing concepts but the ACC was a lot of fun. I even went out of my comfort zone and created a new (well, modernized) logo for FSU.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Atlantic Division

Boston College Eagles

For Boston College, I kept it very simple, I added wings from the Eagle logo to the helmet to maintain their unique helmet look. The rest of the set is inspired by the Matt Ryan era uniforms, The collars and trim are gold on both the red and white jerseys to match the helmet and pants.

Home and Away Uniforms

BCHomeandRoadUniforms_zpsdb5c84db.png

Clemson Tigers

This is the same design I used for Clemson in my last series, it is just moved to the big collared Pro Combat template for this series, three stripe pattern on the collar, trim, and pants. Also featured is the Clemson wordmark and the C logo on the hip.

Home and Away Uniforms

ClemsonHomeandRoadUniforms_zpsd122ad84.p

Alternate Uniforms

ClemsonAlternateUniforms_zpsd255e2f8.png

Florida State Seminoles

Okay so this was one of my favorites of the bunch (behind Syracuse). I've always used their Pro Combat uniforms as inspiration for this concept. However this time around I wanted to include the Chief logo but it is so outdated. So using Paint.NET I tried to create a new modernized version of the logo and I'm pretty happy with what I came up with. The logo is featured on the sleeves similar to the throwback uniforms worn by the Washington Redskins last year. It also ties in with the feather and spear used on this set. By the way the spear logo was actually created by someone else on this board back when the PC uniforms came out, I can't remember who it was but I didn't want to take credit for it since I didn't create it.

Home and Away Uniforms

FSUHomeandAwayUniforms_zpse139d1cd.png

Alternate Uniforms

FSUUnconqueredUniforms_zps86cf64bb.png

Louisville Cardinals

Okay okay Louisville isn't in the ACC just yet but I already clumped Maryland and Rutgers in with the B1G so I decided to go ahead and do Louisville. This uniform set is very similar to their new uniforms. I used the same font throughout the whole set and tried making the striping pattern a little more unique, I think it works well with a team called the Cardinals.

Home and Away Uniforms

LouisvilleHomeandAwayUniforms_zps8219617

Alternate Uniforms

LouisvilleAlternateUniforms_zps8fd8d5d6.

North Carolina State (NC State) Wolfpack

NC State has some nice uniforms this year, however I miss the STATE wordmark from last season with the interlocking logo. So I basically mixed their last two uniforms into one set. I got rid of the white helmet, I think the red helmet is much stronger, the collar and trim follow the helmet and pants stripe with a white stripe outlined with a thin black piping.

Home and Away Uniforms

NCStateUniforms_zps88b97742.png

Syracuse Orange

My favorite of the bunch. Instead of going the traditional route, I decided to use their basketball uniforms as inspiration. The helmet is solid orange and I thought it would be cool to try out a chrome design with them since they are of the only NCAA teams to play in a dome, If you look closely you can actually see the Carrier Dome reflected on the helmet. The uniforms feature a sleeve design that would continue on the undersleeves if the players choose to wear them, if not the same design is used on the pants. Orange is used as the dominant color in this set since they are nicknamed the Orange, however my favorite combo is the navy alternate jersey set.

Home and Away Uniforms

SyracuseHomeandRoadUniforms_zps1c467f78.

Alternate Uniforms

SyracuseAlternateUniforms_zps9659f351.pn

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

For Wake Forest, I tried going with a classic unique styled design. They are the only team in this division to feature a primary matte helmet (FSU's black helmet is matte). The fonts on the uniform match the logo, I know it is times new roman but I think Wake could pull it off.

Home and Away Uniforms

WakeHomeandAwayUniforms_zpsfdc2cb7d.png

So there is the Atlantic, I'll work on the rest of the Coastal soon, let me know what you think!

I'll go back and resize the back numbers some, also giving this a bump.

As far as Wake Forest goes, I may give them a block NOB but I'd like to hear on how people think that looks first. And mbannon I'm not really sure why BC doesn't think of this, I've used it before as well, it seems like such an obvious move, I think it would give them one of the best helmets in College Football!

Boston College Eagles

For Boston College, I kept it very simple, I added wings from the Eagle logo to the helmet to maintain their unique helmet look. The rest of the set is inspired by the Matt Ryan era uniforms, The collars and trim are gold on both the red and white jerseys to match the helmet and pants.

Home and Away Uniforms

BCHomeandRoadUniforms_zpsdb5c84db.png

Florida State Seminoles

Okay so this was one of my favorites of the bunch (behind Syracuse). I've always used their Pro Combat uniforms as inspiration for this concept. However this time around I wanted to include the Chief logo but it is so outdated. So using Paint.NET I tried to create a new modernized version of the logo and I'm pretty happy with what I came up with. The logo is featured on the sleeves similar to the throwback uniforms worn by the Washington Redskins last year. It also ties in with the feather and spear used on this set. By the way the spear logo was actually created by someone else on this board back when the PC uniforms came out, I can't remember who it was but I didn't want to take credit for it since I didn't create it.

Home and Away Uniforms

FSUHomeandAwayUniforms_zpse139d1cd.png

Alternate Uniforms

FSUUnconqueredUniforms_zps86cf64bb.png

Love your concepts @bigmike. But I personally like the Florida State concept. Those numbers look legit! By the way, how do you design those? And do you know what's the name of the Noles' number font? Because I've always wanted to make a concept design of my own.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

I actually made it in paint, I just used some pictures to look at and made the 7 look as close to the real thing as possible

As far as I'm concern, for what I understand is that you also don't know the name of the font from the numner 7. And how did you use the jersey template via Paint? Because I'm trying to make a concept of my own similar to yours or anyone else's.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

I actually made it in paint, I just used some pictures to look at and made the 7 look as close to the real thing as possible

As far as I'm concern, for what I understand is that you also don't know the name of the font from the numner 7. And how did you use the jersey template via Paint? Because I'm trying to make a concept of my own similar to yours or anyone else's.

I'm guessing he had actual effort in his concept, and it shows.

Thank you, bigmike, for showing what BS the paint excuse is.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• 2 months later...

Coastal Division

Duke Blue Devils

I posted this Duke concept around the time I did the Atlantic Division. The uniform is based off of the basketball team's uniforms. I also created the font to match the D logo. The Helmet logo features the Blue Devil/D logo on it now instead of just the plain D.

Home & Away Uniforms

DukeHomeandAwayUniforms_zps0e480e9e.png

Alternate Uniforms

DukeAlternateUniforms_zps508d4827.png

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

This concept turned out being one of my favorites of the entire bunch. It is based off of the Calvin Johnson era uniforms, and I also added in the honey comb pattern to the helmet and on the uniform's striping. I like the shiney mustard gold color that they used to use better than the vegas gold color. Since Georgia Tech wears the white jerseys at home, I made the main home combo gold/white/gold and the main away combo all white. The gold and navy uniforms would be worn as alternate home uniforms or clash uniforms.

Home & Away Uniforms

GeorgiaTechHomeampAwayUniforms2_zps8fa5c

Alternate/Clash Uniforms

GeorgiaTechClashUniforms2_zps5235db0b.pn

Miami Hurricanes

It is time for Miami to upgrade their uniforms, their current template is being used as a cookie cutter template for Nike by smaller colleges and their uniforms are no longer unique. I decided to base this uniform of off their old pro combat uniforms. The U logo, sleeves, and numbers feature the sublimated pattern used on the pro combat uniforms. The numbers also feature the split colors. I think the split color design and the sublimated pattern make a classic styled looking uniform unique.

Home & Away Uniforms

MiamiHomeandAwayUniforms_zps13edbd87.png

Alternate Uniforms

MiamiAlternateUniforms_zpseac01148.png

North Carolina (UNC) Tar Heels

I tried to mix my uniform concept and their new uniforms together in a couple different ways. I replaced black with Navy, and used alternating sleeve colors. This concept also takes inspiration from their basketball uniforms with the argyle striping. The state logo is used on the collar now as well.

Home & Away Uniforms

UNCHomeampAwayUniforms2_zps149c641d.png

Alternate Uniforms

UNCAlternateUniforms2_zps9acbe765.png

Pittsburgh (Pitt) Panthers

Pitt is another team that I took inspiration from their former Pro Combat uniforms. I like the new Pitt logo as well as the steel beam inspired striping. the striping is featured on the shoulders, and I added a gold helmet in the mix. The helmet's stripe would taper in the back just like it does on the shoulders. I used the updated panther head logo on the pants and collar.

Home & Away Uniforms

PittHomeampAwayUniforms_zpse7f05548.png

Alternate Uniforms

PittAlternateUniforms_zpsc4beab86.png

Archived