2013/14 International Football Thread

I hadn't really noticed this trend until now, but looking at the difference between the top and bottom of the BPL table in terms of the trends (little red and green arrows) it becomes obvious just how different the two halves are.

tab.png

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everywhere we go, everybody knows.

We're Hull City.

That's great news Jaffa. I'm happy that the FA came to their senses and not allow a foreign owner to change over 100 years of history of that club.

Good news indeed, but this isn't over yet - the mad old duffer is appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, meaning this is going to drag on for another six to nine months at least.

In the interests of balance though, the 'foreign owners' tag isn't really appropriate in this instance. Although Allam Senior was born in Egypt he's lived in this area since the 1960s, Allam Junior was born here. In fact, that makes it all the more incredible that they don't understand the depth of feeling about this locally.

Everywhere we go, everybody knows.

We're Hull City.

That's great news Jaffa. I'm happy that the FA came to their senses and not allow a foreign owner to change over 100 years of history of that club.

Good news indeed, but this isn't over yet - the mad old duffer is appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, meaning this is going to drag on for another six to nine months at least.

In the interests of balance though, the 'foreign owners' tag isn't really appropriate in this instance. Although Allam Senior was born in Egypt he's lived in this area since the 1960s, Allam Junior was born here. In fact, that makes it all the more incredible that they don't understand the depth of feeling about this locally.

True I used the wrong conatation there with foreign owner. It just floors me that Allam Senior would treat the supporters they way he has due to him living the area since the 60's...disrepectful.

see you in 5 weeks in Wembley!

Second that sentiment...can't wait for the Final. But here's hoping Wenger does not start Sanogo up front. He was absolutely :censored:E today. No pace, no game awareness (he got in the way of shots numerous times), was caught in an offside position repeatedly with no drive to get back before the pass came his way, no eye for goal. What a waste! On the other hand, Fabianski came up big for the Gunners today. Here's hoping in five weeks the side comes to play and there is a hunger for the cup.

Odd decision to let Caldwell take the first Wigan penalty. Very odd.

It was very odd to see him off the bench for his first competitive match this season for the Semi-final and the spot kick.

6am pick up confirmed for tomorrow. No doubt we'll be knocked out on penalties as well to make it as long and as bleak a day as possible. :P

Best of luck to your Tigers tomorrow Jaffa...Would love to see an Arsenal v Hull City FA Cup Final...

I've been high-fiving stewards like a right nutter.

LOL That's was a good match today, high scoring (unlike yesterday's other semifinal) and free flowing. Great to see Hull make the Final today. We Gooners will see you at Wembley in 5 weeks mate! :P

So apparently, Atletico Madrid have a agreed to a £50m offer to send Diego Costa to Chelsea (according to Football Daily, who I'm not really of their liability, but they're decent.)

It would be great to watch that team with a world-class striker up front.

But also if Chelsea beats Liverpool next week then the title race might very well be open again. Liverpool only has a 75% probability of the title (up from 60% this morning) now according to Sports Club Stats/

What a complete self-destruct by Chelsea today. 31 shots on goal, 16 of them on target and only 1 goal...Mourinho needs to teach his coaching staff about discipline on the touchline. Oh wait...wrong person for the job :P I don't think the PL title race is over yet either. Liverpool should pick up three points tomorrow @ Norwich but with this "anything can happen" season, I'm not putting my money on Liverpool yet.

Tomorrow is the preview match for The FA Cup Final: Hull City v Arsenal. It should be a good match tomorrow. I see the Gunners squeeking a 2-1 victory at the KC. Ozil is back on the bench from reports I've heard.

Archived