NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else? I feel like there's something wrong with this set right now. Anyone else see anything wrong with it?

There's a lot wrong with it. There are too many helmets and the gold would be very hard to see on white.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Being a Maryland resident and Ravens fan, I love the incorporation of the Maryland flag. However, I think that the pattern is too small and is illegible from a distance. At first glance, it sort of looks like camouflage. Also, the purple Crossland rectangles really don't look right. I think those have got to be red. (I notice that you left them red on the Pride helmet.) Also, the number on the back looks a bit stretched. Here's what I'm thinking on the striping pattern:

md_stripe.png

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Baltimore_Ravens_Update_zpsbe9d7daa.png

I think the current NFL has limited the view of some on the boards about multiple helmets.... however I'm not complaining about too many helmets here in Baltimore's case. Anyways, this update has a more toned flag pattern on the sleeves, not to mention that its also bigger. If colored sublimation was't a thing, well it is now. I did tone down the number of helmets to just 2. The normal one they've worn for a long time, and the gradient one that I'm surprised has lasted this long. The pants stripes also got bigger and seemingly more visible.

Brave-Bird, the sleeve stripes on the Falcons jerseys are meant to taper like the Falcons logo. I thought I illustrated it well enough to see that, but oh well, we all make mistakes sometimes.

C and C the update, and I'll be back with Buffalo in due time

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The purple helmet was way better than that pride one you have there.

Pride helmet is gone, the ones up there are the normal black one, and a gradient one to show that what Jacksonville did can work, but with different colors

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Pride helmet is gone, the ones up there are the normal black one, and a gradient one to show that what Jacksonville did can work, but with different colors

TBH I think it only shows that gradients don't work, regardless of color.

That being said, I think a Ravens helmet in the style of the Jags old helmet (looks black until light hits it one way, then it is dark teal) with the black turning to midnight purple or whatever it is they use, would be really cool.

So basically flip the colors on the gradient helmet?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

That being said, I think a Ravens helmet in the style of the Jags old helmet (looks black until light hits it one way, then it is dark teal) with the black turning to midnight purple or whatever it is they use, would be really cool.

No, it's not a gradient.

740551.jpg

Remember these? They looked black until light shined directly on them, then you could tell they are actually teal.

Wow, I feel like an idiot for forgetting one of my favorite helmets ever ... I'll see how what I can do. I can use illustrator, but I don't fully get it

AmPJ0Ty.png 

No, it's not a gradient.

740551.jpg

Remember these? They looked black until light shined directly on them, then you could tell they are actually teal.

That helmet's lifespan was way too short. They went from having one of the best, unique helmets ever to one of the worst of all time.

They'd look great if they just switched back to this.

87Redskins.png

The Ravens updates are excellent...however, it's still bugging me that parts of the flag are being cut off.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

No, it's not a gradient.

740551.jpg

That helmet's lifespan was way too short. They went from having one of the best, unique helmets ever to one of the worst of all time.

They'd look great if they just switched back to this.

this is the first time a realized that the logo decal is clear in the areas that are suppose to be black so you can see the paint underneath, that is so cool

So after much discussion about this, I finally have completed an update to the Ravens, hopefully the last one

Baltimore_Ravens_Update_zpsc4d59c43.png

Colored sublimation is now a thing, if it wasn't before. The helmets still number 2, but the gradient now gives way to a more old Jags helmet (looked black, but somehow was teal) with black and purple. The sleeve pattern got bigger and more visible, and the pant stripe is bigger as well and more built for the pants. Please don't hesitate to yell at what I did wrong. It probably won't be the first time I get a bunch of comments on a team.. anyway, enough of me speaking. Have at it

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived