NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to get something happening with that division .

Assuming you are trying to add depth with the darker blue, you'll need to add it to other parts. Maybe the far legs. Not sure you have the right dark blue to work with the current blue and red. Seems a little rich for the overall mark. If you are set on the dark blue then adjust te others into harmony.

Use the different shades of blue to show waviness in the mane and in the fur.

EDIT: I forget what a buffalo actually looks like, don't they have thick, bushy fur? Guess you cant show waviness like in the Lions logo, then.

Starting to get something happening with that division .

Assuming you are trying to add depth with the darker blue, you'll need to add it to other parts. Maybe the far legs. Not sure you have the right dark blue to work with the current blue and red. Seems a little rich for the overall mark. If you are set on the dark blue then adjust te others into harmony.

These are the colors straight from the Bills 2012 style guide, and I don't think their colors have changed.

Use the different shades of blue to show waviness in the mane and in the fur.

EDIT: I forget what a buffalo actually looks like, don't they have thick, bushy fur? Guess you cant show waviness like in the Lions logo, then.

Yeah, the buffalo's head is darker than the rest of its body. In this concept I want that, and to make the buffalo logo look like its charging.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I like what you're doing with the double blue, bk.

The mane looks great.

The ribbon-horn-eye combo needs a bit of tweakin', IMO.

Maybe make the horn all white and do away with the eye?...I dunno...It's close to being great.

As someone mentioned before;

If the far-side legs were navy they would look as if in shadow.

You are correct that the head is darker, however the front legs and rear half are darker too. I think you could use the navy quite effectively with the lighter blue to create this look as well as add details to the fur.

Examples:

Bison.jpgYellowstoneRoadsideBison.JPG

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

You are correct that the head is darker, however the front legs and rear half are darker too. I think you could use the navy quite effectively with the lighter blue to create this look as well as add details to the fur.

Examples:

I feel like after living in North Dakota for 2 years, I would have remembered that

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Examples:

I feel like after living in North Dakota for 2 years, I would have remembered that

No worries, commercial illustrations always depict them with light hindquarters.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived