Brady Hoke Says alternate uniforms Less common for Michigan

Proc

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013308120084 looks like a more "traditional" Michigan when it comes to football uniforms.

(null)

Michigan football coach Brady Hoke, right, and wide receiver Drew Dileo watch Alabama beat Michigan, 41-14, on Sept. 1, 2012. / Tim Heitman / US PRESSWIRE

By Mark Snyder

Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

FILED UNDER

Sports

Michigan Wolverines

ADVERTISEMENT

In 2011, Michigan ran through uniform combinations, changing three times during the season.

That was Brady Hokes first season at U-M, and, looking back, theres a little regret on his part.

We had one uniform we wore once that we wont wear again, he said on the Jay Mohr Sports radio show today, though he didnt say which one. Its something that youre always trying to have that excitement with your kids, and thats part of it. Uniforms and recruiting ... this thing is bigger than it should be. But were traditional, and we have such a great tradition and legacies, were going to be staying pretty much standard.

Last season, U-M wore a unique uniform for the season opener against Alabama but not during the rest of the regular season.

Athletic director Dave Brandon said in May that the only time U-M might change this year would be for the bowl game, if the players want it.

Asked today which other uniforms he likes, Hoke pointed to Penn States conservative look.

Mohr responded by saying that he thinks names on the back are important, and Hoke said his wife, Laura, agrees.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013308120084 looks like a more "traditional" Michigan when it comes to football uniforms.

(null)

Michigan football coach Brady Hoke, right, and wide receiver Drew Dileo watch Alabama beat Michigan, 41-14, on Sept. 1, 2012. / Tim Heitman / US PRESSWIRE

By Mark Snyder

Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

FILED UNDER

Sports

Michigan Wolverines

ADVERTISEMENT

In 2011, Michigan ran through uniform combinations, changing three times during the season.

That was Brady Hokes first season at U-M, and, looking back, theres a little regret on his part.

We had one uniform we wore once that we wont wear again, he said on the Jay Mohr Sports radio show today, though he didnt say which one. Its something that youre always trying to have that excitement with your kids, and thats part of it. Uniforms and recruiting ... this thing is bigger than it should be. But we're traditional, and we have such a great tradition and legacies, were going to be staying pretty much standard.

Last season, U-M wore a unique uniform for the season opener against Alabama but not during the rest of the regular season.

Athletic director Dave Brandon said in May that the only time U-M might change this year would be for the bowl game, if the players want it.

Asked today which other uniforms he likes, Hoke pointed to Penn States conservative look.

Mohr responded by saying that he thinks names on the back are important, and Hoke said his wife, Laura, agrees.

Good for him/them.

Now can somebody put that on a billboard somewhere?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As much as I love seeing Michigan wear new uniforms I think Adidas is running out of ideas for Michigan because Michigan wants a more traditional look Adidas probably wants a sleeker more modern design. Out of all the alternative uniforms michigan has worn I think the Outback jersey was the craziest yes it was just a color swap of the Alabama uniform but it had maize numbers that where very hard to see and a matte helmet. I loved the Alabama one because it was a simple design but still not wild. The two Legacy uniforms where some of my favorites the Sugar Bowl looked very rushed but was still pretty nice. I just think Adidas is running out of ideas because Michigan fans don't want a wild design even though they can't even stand a throwback. It's hard to make uniforms for a traditional team with out pissing off the entire fan base. I hope they run out of the tunnel in the UTL unis against ND but they probably won't. If they do anymore throwbacks I would like to see the Brady unis comeback but that could be a problem with Nike

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

As much as I love seeing Michigan wear new uniforms I think Adidas is running out of ideas for Michigan because Michigan wants a more traditional look Adidas probably wants a sleeker more modern design. Out of all the alternative uniforms michigan has worn I think the Outback jersey was the craziest yes it was just a color swap of the Alabama uniform but it had maize numbers that where very hard to see and a matte helmet. I loved the Alabama one because it was a simple design but still not wild. The two Legacy uniforms where some of my favorites the Sugar Bowl looked very rushed but was still pretty nice. I just think Adidas is running out of ideas because Michigan fans don't want a wild design even though they can't even stand a throwback. It's hard to make uniforms for a traditional team with out pissing off the entire fan base. I hope they run out of the tunnel in the UTL unis against ND but they probably won't. If they do anymore throwbacks I would like to see the Brady unis comeback but that could be a problem with Nike

They dont even wear the tech fit unis anymore because they dont like the laffy taffy look

Archived