Chicago Fire third kit

jdp

I had about 50 concepts in mind--some of which I liked much more--but this is what I actually submitted. Hoping that relative simplicity wins out, but it is a public voting contest, so it'll probably be something crazy that wins. After all, look at what won the contest in LA.

I'm already quadruple guessing myself.

9509661139_d3d30ccc38_c.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97129837@N00/9509661139/

I plan on posting all my concepts later today or tomorrow. Just curious about feedback. Thanks in advance.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

OK. Turns out I had a lot more than 50 concepts. More like 90-100.

9514258084_a2af869a38_z.jpg

Reminiscent of the recent MLS All Star Game kits:

9514257950_91cd088ce7_z.jpg

Either way, here are a few more:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97129837@N00/sets/72157635068577353/

UPDATED LINK: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHvMqGa

On a side note: Is it considered douchey to plaster that watermark? I'm assuming yes, so I'll remove it in the future; the contest isn't over yet, so just being cautious, I guess.

Always appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

As mentioned, here are some more designs. Also, an updated link to all of my concepts: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjHvMqGa

Feedback is appreciated.

9517826312_93c514ee2b_z.jpg

9514936693_3ab59309df_z.jpg

Below may be my favorite, but if I wanted to win, I felt I needed to submit something with the powder blue from the Chicago flag. People loved the third kit from ~2005.

9514979243_5c901ef056_z.jpg

I like that white one the best. The phantom sash looks amazing. I could definitely see this on the field.

Thanks for the feedback.

9517827102_1018b53c8b.jpg

Now if you're gonna go crazy, that's how you do it. That's subtly brilliant. You'd probably need to leave the stripes off the back, so that the numbers are legible. I also might leave the crest in its original colors. Otherwise, though, a great "out-of-the-box" concept.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Now if you're gonna go crazy, that's how you do it. That's subtly brilliant. You'd probably need to leave the stripes off the back, so that the numbers are legible. I also might leave the crest in its original colors. Otherwise, though, a great "out-of-the-box" concept.

Leaving the stripes off the back didn't even occur to me. Probably should have. Although I like this design, I could see it being a good commemorative kit, not third. As for the crest, this is from the Illustrator file the Fire provided for the contest. I just left it as is.

Thanks!

Leaving the stripes off the back didn't even occur to me. Probably should have. Although I like this design, I could see it being a good commemorative kit, not third. As for the crest, this is from the Illustrator file the Fire provided for the contest. I just left it as is.

Thanks!

By far my favorite. Maybe you could make the stripes kind of wrap around, but not touch? To be quite honest, this Fire-fighter look is probably one of my favorite soccer concept design ive ever seen. The Tv show Chicago Fire would probably love that as well!

Thanks!

By far my favorite. Maybe you could make the stripes kind of wrap around, but not touch? To be quite honest, this Fire-fighter look is probably one of my favorite soccer concept design ive ever seen. The Tv show Chicago Fire would probably love that as well!

Wow. Very cool. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't already seen, here are the five finalists:

http://www.chicago-fire.com/cf97thirdkit

Maybe it's sour grapes (more like probably), but I'm kind of underwhelmed. I'd probably go with #2 or #5.

Archived