New Rams uniform

oldschoolvikings

So in the main logo threads there's been some discussion on the possibility of the Rams overhauling their look. Of course, there's been quite a bit of love stated for the 70s - 80s blue and gold uniforms, but while I love those colors for the Rams, my favorite Rams' uniform goes back a little further.

rams1950_900x350.jpg

Based on this uniform, I posted a concept there, and I probably should've posted it here instead, so now I am. Tell me what you think. I am interested in all comments, but I have to say before I get a bunch of suggestions to add blue pants, that's one thing I have no intention of doing. Too me, the main thing I love about that old Rams' look is the gold over white. Without that, I have zero interest in it.

ramnew_zps4909ffd6.png

I like the gold color, and think it would work very well. The sleeves are awkward, but not awful. Just different. I would say try some stripes that were more traditional, but if Nike were to put something like this together, we can bet that the sleeves would be more modern than traditional.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love it. It has a chique retro style to it, it eliminates the use of the goddy gold color, and it also creates a modern sense with the cut. Only suggestions, maybe incorporate the rams horn onto the uniform instead of just the helmet, and ditch the old number style. It creates a look that becomes too retro with the numbers. A modern edgy number to match the rams font would perfect this jersey.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

No matter the situation, old gold jerseys with blue numbers always screams "gym class" or "rec league" to me. I think an old gold update to the existing uniforms is all they really need, along with getting rid of the dark jersey / dark pants pairing in games. The Edward Jones Dome always looks so dark and dreary and the old gold around the stadium would make it look a lot better in person and on TV.

mainescarf.png

OK, responding to some feedback I've gotten, I've tried a few things here. First, I used the Rams current font. I'm generally speaking, a "block font" kind of guy, but the criticism that the overall look was too generic rings true to me, so maybe the custom font... especially one already associated with the Rams, will help. Secondly, there was some concern that the sleeve design might not work on a modern cut, so I've updated my template (which I'm pretty happy with) to reflect a more modern Nike NFL jersey.

Once again CC appreciated.

ramagn_zpsee8c126c.png

OK, responding to some feedback I've gotten, I've tried a few things here. First, I used the Rams current font. I'm generally speaking, a "block font" kind of guy, but the criticism that the overall look was too generic rings true to me, so maybe the custom font... especially one already associated with the Rams, will help. Secondly, there was some concern that the sleeve design might not work on a modern cut, so I've updated my template (which I'm pretty happy with) to reflect a more modern Nike NFL jersey.

Once again CC appreciated.

ramagn_zpsee8c126c.png

You changed the number font!! Thanks for taking my advice. I like the way it looks with a newer font than the old classic varsity font way better. And this new template totally improves the sleeves.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

For some reason i really like the yellow one but not the white one. Maybe a shifted sleeve treatment would please me (but then again, maybe it's not necessary to please me).

I am definitely in the camp that (even if football still had sleeves) the horn does not belong on the sleeve for the same reason the eagles wing and the vikings horn don't.

I like the pants, but maybe with no blue jersey, blue pants on both uniforms would work

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the pants, but maybe with no blue jersey, blue pants on both uniforms would work

As I stated in an earlier post, for me blue pants are definitely out. The whole reason I wanted to make this concept is I'm in love with the old 50's Rams' gold over white uniforms. To me, that's the entire point.

By the way, I realized I forgot TV numbers on my updated template, so I added them. Here they are...

ramagn_zpsb5e6bc54.png

New template is better, but still not sure the sleeves would look great. To me, the horizontal-ness of the lines clashes with the curves of the helmet horns and numbers (it's not bad at all, but I think it could be better.)

What about keeping the same colors that you have on the sleeves, but going more vertical - similarly to what they have today, but with color on the sleeve? You could have thick yellow - thin white on the shoulder, with the rest being blue?

Check out the template that the new NFL teams are shown on (CWx or someone else posted it.) It has a better approximation for how the sleeves look (the holes are more on the sides and higher than on your current template.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived