Indy Eleven Scarf Contest Entry

Whittier S

Haven't been around awhile because I was swamped with schoolwork. I have a week off before fall term, so I thought I'd say hi again and show you what I've been working on.

When I saw that Indy Eleven was sponsoring a contest to design a fan scarf for them, I immediately knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to give mind to the how the ends looked, thinking that people don't just hang a scarf around their necks, but also tie them so that only the ends are really visible. I also wanted to make something that could double as a banner at a game.

But before I clicked "send", I wanted to make sure I got some feedback on it first.

So, what do you think?

IndyElevenScarf1_zpsbb72df91.png

rATMcmK.png

I can see how a giant circle-star could work in the middle of the scarf--it could help to ground the text. My concern is that awkward space between the Y and E, but I think it could work if I kerned it tighter. Gonna give it a try, thanks!

rATMcmK.png

Tried putting a giant circle-star behind the text (cut off at top and bottom) and didn't like it. Also tried putting the circle-star between the Y and E and didn't like that either. It was worth a shot, though, and I thank you for the suggestion.

If I don't hear more back by tomorrow afternoon, I'll submit it. Thanks again!

rATMcmK.png

Archived