Navy Midshipmen logo redesign: Updated with blue background

mcrosby

Hello all,

Way back in 2006 I posted a logo redesign for Navy. I stumbled across it yesterday and felt it was time for me to take another stab at it.

Here is the current Navy logo, as well as my 2006 concept. It is sloppy, but keep scrolling because I'm pretty sure I've gotten better.

navyby8.png

And here is my new concept. I didn't want to change the core of the logo, jumping ram wearing an N banner. I took black out of the logo and changed the colors to fit what Navy is currently sporting. I don't have too much else to say about it, except that I'm ready to make it even better so please give some great C&C.

navy_zps849e7b82.png

Nearly forgot, here's a standalone head. Note the anchor on the forehead.

Navy2_zps0fa7cad3.png

Beautiful line work!

My only criticism is that there is only 1 star on your version. I don't know much about Navy, is there a specific reason there is 2 stars on the original?

Art Director at Lodge Design • Indianapolis, IN

- - - - - - - - - -

www.wechoosetogotothemoondesign.com

Make that anchor just a tad more pronounced. Stick a think white outline between the blue and the gold... and its a done deal.

Also: eyes.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Make that anchor just a tad more pronounced. Stick a think white outline between the blue and the gold... and its a done deal.

Also: eyes.

I agree. The anchor is cool, because its there,but you got to make it stand out a little bit more. Other that that, beautiful. Great work.

Nice improvement. Their current logo does need serious cleaning up. The right eye area needs some work as well as the head perspective/forehead. The way its interacting with the perspective on the body is a bit off. We need to see less of that right eye/less bulge, and maybe it comes down a bit. The back right leg looks slightly out of perspective, maybe needs shortening or moved in more (to the right).

The star next to the N needs to be bigger.

Looks great maybe make the anchor at the top slimmer because right now it gets a little thick & loses the shape.

Also on the head alone the left horn looks funny I would make the top part of the horn come to a point as well or connect like someone else said.

Good stuff, Mark. I think giving this a gold keyline would be the best course of action for other backgrounds (since seeing it on another BG aside from gold seems to be the most common thing people are saying here).

Also, I'm not sure if you fixed it on the standalone head, but the inside edge of the "front" horn could be brought to a point for clean up's sake.

Archived