Navy Midshipmen logo redesign: Updated with blue background

mcrosby

This is really good. I like to see old logos cleaned up and updated with still keeping the same position and general idea the same, as you did here. The addition of the notches in the ram horn are a nice touch. The full body looks great, but for some reason the head alone doesn't seem to be as good. Maybe it is the nose or mouth area being to heavily shadowed in the head alone. Or another thought would be to tilt the head alone forwarded a little. I am not sure, but something you could play around with.

This is just excellent, mcrosby. I love the aggression and the style you gave it, and the detail in the horns and the anchor on the forehead really make this logo.

I think the gold keyline fixed any issues with the horns not closing off. I actually really like that feature. Like others have said, the logo could use some eyeballs.

And just a small execution thing - on the standalone head there are a couple blue spots in the gold keyline on the right side.

This is just excellent, mcrosby. I love the aggression and the style you gave it, and the detail in the horns and the anchor on the forehead really make this logo.

I think the gold keyline fixed any issues with the horns not closing off. I actually really like that feature. Like others have said, the logo could use some eyeballs.

And just a small execution thing - on the standalone head there are a couple blue spots in the gold keyline on the right side.

I'll toy with some different eyes, and thanks for letting me know about the keystroke on the right side. I'll have to fix that.

Hello all,

Way back in 2006 I posted a logo redesign for Navy. I stumbled across it yesterday and felt it was time for me to take another stab at it.

Here is the current Navy logo, as well as my 2006 concept. It is sloppy, but keep scrolling because I'm pretty sure I've gotten better.

navyby8.png

And here is my new concept. I didn't want to change the core of the logo, jumping ram wearing an N banner. I took black out of the logo and changed the colors to fit what Navy is currently sporting. I don't have too much else to say about it, except that I'm ready to make it even better so please give some great C&C.

navy_zps849e7b82.png

Nearly forgot, here's a standalone head. Note the anchor on the forehead.

Navy2_zps0fa7cad3.png

I'd give this 1,000 likes if I could...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

Oddly enough, my name is also Vic, so it can now be said that 100% of the Vics in this thread agree that this logo has earned the slow clap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived