Official MLB Postseason 2013 / World Series Logos.

UncleJunior

Cleanest-looking postseason logos for Major League Baseball in a while, after all the funky, and hard-to-see, color combinations of the recent past (post-2004). But I have three things to add:

1. I'm kind-of irritated how, per each round, there are always two flags adorning the round logo. I'm always a big fan of uniqueness of each round logo. For example, the 2004 set of MLB postseason logos donned a differentiating symbol to that round (baseball for Division Series, one flag for League Championship Series, two flags for World Series):

7085.gifNLCS04.gif250px-2004_World_Series.jpg

2. I still get ticked on how the DS and LCS logos aren't spelled out completely, as if they've been homogenized (just change the flag color). If it were me, I'd spell out the round name in its entirety, rather than using acronyms.

3. I miss the days when the DS and LCS logos had their accompanying league logos donned on (again, the homogenization effect). They haven't been seen since the 2005 set.

Other than that, I give the 2013 set a 9.5/10. Great logos, overall.

• 3 weeks later...

AHHHHH THOSE HIDEOUS 2004 LOGOS

mgigrn77kdvze03oldfgbxnlt.gif

Quite reminiscent of this style, which I rather like. I miss the fall colors, though, and I still object to writing out "Fall Classic" in the logo on the same basis that I would oppose appending "The Bronx Bombers" to a Yankees logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 1 month later...

The thing that irks me about this set of logos, though, is the fact that there are logos which actually spell-out the round, but are only used sparingly:

achivy-20131007-22785-1v1ofqh.png

IMG_0784_zps95b8d9e3.png

I actually prefer these pronunciations to using acronyms to spell out the round ("League Championship Series" instead of "LCS").

If anyone can find a clean version of these logos, I'd appreciate it.

Archived