2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, the red, it's nice. I like the flag in the sleeves, nice touch.

When I opened the nike link to see the white, I actually laughed and said "what?!" out loud. Not kidding. That's just awful. IIHF Turn Ahead The Clock awful. it's big, it's gaudy, it probably will get confusing against other red-heavy teams because it's not that white. Why the faux laceup collar? That's simply strange and exceptionally pointless. We went from the CCCP sweaters to this? Ugh.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The red ones are ok, but they seem clunky and unbalanced. You have this huge chunk of blue (which could use a white border) and the flag stripes on the upper portion of the sweater, but just a thin white stripe along the bottom. Repeating the flag striping along the waist would have helped balance the design out.

The "whites"? They're mostly red. It's going to be very hard to watch Russia in those against any red-clad team. Also the giant double headed eagle looks ridiculous. Like MLB TATC ridiculous. It would be fine as an alternate, but not as a primary sweater.

Also the faux lace-up design is just stupid. Either weat a lace-up collar or don't.

At first I though the men and women had different jerseys, nope. Their "home" jersey barley has any white in it at all.

Really? Despite the lower 2/3s being entirely white??

How is that different than a red yoke?

Most yokes stop before the players belly button, its also more 1/2 and 1/2

They can't even get the blue yoke right, making it cut off on the back. Crikey.

I think these are officially worse than the "Coca Cola" jerseys the Soviets had in the late 1980s. These are the worst uniforms the Russians have ever worn.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Nike's insistence on shoulder numbers, and their need to draw attention to that fact, hurts all of their designs greatly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, I like that red uniform. I think it's very well designed, except that unexplained yoke cutoff.

That white, on the other hand, is 100%, Grade-A, Putin-certified, pure steaming turd.

But, looking at these masterpieces, what could we have possibly expected?

russia-olympic-london-2012.jpg

Archived