United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I continue to wait on some more C+C on both the Admirals and Mobsters logo options, here is something I whipped up for the Baltimore Kings:

Primary Logo:

KingsPrimaryLogo_zpsf0592f3a.png

Alternate Logo:

KingsAlternateLogo_zps2f3f95b9.png

Again, I'm taking C+C on these logos, the Mobsters' log0 options, and the Admirals' logo options. C+C IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! I NEED YOUR FEEDBACK, SO POST AWAY! :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I love Baltimore, but I'd make the black part of the jewel grey to match the rest of the crown.

At first, I had the white part of the jewel gray instead. Also, I just realized that the flag pattern is different on both logos :blush: It's the little things that bug me

Great job on Baltimore!!!

Thanks! Much Appreciated!

Now, It is time for the Detroit Giants!

The Detroit Giants are one of the charter members of the United Football Association. The team got its name from the three major vehicle manufacturers in the United States - Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler -which are all located in Detroit. Overall, the Giants have had moderate success, winning 3 division titles (1 WEST title, 2 NORTH Titles) and 1 American Bowl Title in 1993. In the past decade, the Giants have been the 3rd-most successful team in the NORTH division and 10th overall, going a combined 93-67, winning a division title in that span as well. This season, Detroit went 10-6, finishing 2nd in the NORTH division and claiming the #8 seed in the American Bowl Playoffs. Unfortunately, though, the team lost their 1st-round game at home against 9) Washington Eagles in a shootout 42-40. For the 2014 season, Mo-Town is planning on having a big year from one of the league's best defenses and one of the best QB-WR combos in the league.

I posted the logo before, (a page or two back?), but here it is again:

GiantsLogo_zpsca1ba806.png

Wordmarks:

GiantsWordmark1_zps0f3a6ca9.png

GiantsWordmark2_zpsbf539818.png

Primary Sets ( I experimented with the piping and stuff)

GiantsPrimarySets_zps2e05c0c2.png

Alternate Sets with a fauxback to the 50's or so and a red alt:

GiantsAlternateSets_zps619e1662.png

The Giants are quickly followed by the Cincinnati Tomahawks!

The Cincinnati Tomahawks entered the league through the 1991 UFA Expansion. Since the team entered the UFA, the franchise has relocated and rebranded a handful of times. For instance, when the team began play, they were located in Indianapolis for 15 seasons as the Indianapolis Braves before relocating to Louisville for the 2006 season. From 2006-2009, the team was known as the Louisville Braves before rebranding to Kentucky Tomahawks. Finally, despite making the playoffs in the 2013 season, the team lost majority of their fan base after multiple players were suspended right before the playoffs. Therefore, the team relocated to Cincinnati and are now known as the Cincinnati Tomahawks.

Success-wise, the Tomahawks have been a middle-of-the-pack kind of team, going 81-79 in the past decade, making them 5th in the NORTH Division and 17th in the UFA overall. The team has never made it to an American Bowl and has won a NORTH Division title, dating back to the late 90's. This season, the Tomahawks are dark horses and aren't expected to make the playoffs, but are expected to be in the hunt by season's end.

Primary Logo:

TomahawksLogo_zps2746d844.png

Primary Sets:

TomahawksPrimarySets_zps2bd73cfa.png

Alternate Sets:

TomahawksAlternateSets_zpscef488dd.png

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Bumping this up as the final 5 teams are posted! The end is here! Chicago, Columbus, Canton, Kansas City, and Wisconsin are up with bonus announcements related to the San Francisco Sharks and the Los Angeles Stars. Chicago is the only one of the last five to have a personal logo.

Chicago Mobsters:

The Mobsters entered the league through the 1982 Expansion. Since 1995, Legendary NFL Chicago Bears player and head coach Mike Ditka has been the owner of the franchise and the team's primary sponsor since 2005 has been State Farm (was previously Allstate). In the past decade, the Mobsters have went 70-90, which is 7th best in the NORTH division and 24th overall in the league. From this, it looks as if the team has never been a contender for a spot in the playoffs. But that is not necessarily the case. In 2002, the Mobsters reached the American Bowl but fell to the Raleigh Rams. During the 2013 season, the Mobsters looked as if they would b e strong contenders in the playoffs and contenders for the NORTH Division title. Unfortunately, the team fell apart late in the season and finished 7-9, 5th in the division, and overall, missing the playoffs once again. This season, the Mobsters are looking to regain their success and redeem themselves as they go for their 4th division title in franchise history.

Primary Logo:

MobstersLogoOption2_zps31eb7293.png

Primary Sets:

MobstersPrimarySets_zps60136998.png

Alternate Sets with an alt. fedora helmet on the left and a throwback/fauxback on the right:

MobstersAlternateSets_zps4d518510.png\

Columbus Bulldogs:

The Bulldogs, like the Mobsters, entered the league through the 1982 UFA Expansion. The team's color scheme is inspired by that of the Cleveland Browns. In fact, the team wore blank orange helmets with the brown/white/brown striping, as well as brown jerseys with sleeve striping almost exactly like that of the Browns. In 2004, the Browns sued the Bulldogs, in which the Bulldogs lost and had to make an overhaul in their look.

Unlike the Chicago Mobsters, the Bulldogs have been one of the most successful teams in the past decade, having an overall record of 107-53 and winning 3 of the franchise's 5 Division titles in that span. The other two division titles won by the team came in the early 90's and one WEST in the mid 80's under the two-division system. In 2013, however, the team's franchise quarterback suffered a huge blow after tearing his ACL, making the rookie backup the new starter. Overall, the team was not good, going 6-10, 6th in the NORTH, and missing the playoffs for the first time since 2002. This season the team is expected to rebound and contend for yet another NORTH title and another playoff berth, all with a new 10-year contract extension with Nationwide Insurance and a deal with Nationwide Children's Hospital to make sure that children get to see their favorite UFA team play, whether it's the Bulldogs or not. This helps give the Bulldogs the 2nd most loyal fanbase behind the Alabama Vipers (based on a nationwide poll), but is also the most respected team as well.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BULLDOGS' LOGO

Primary Sets with an undershirt inspired by the Cleveland Browns' mascot 'Brownie the Elf':

BulldogsPrimarySets_zps808e9d95.png

Alternate Sets with an all-brown look (I made these before the Browns used this) and stormtrooper look, both with white helmets:

BulldogsAlternateSets_zpsabe52f45.png

Canton Pioneers

The Canton Pioneers, also like the Bulldogs and Mobsters, entered the UFA through the 1982 expansion. The decision by the UFA to put a team in such a small market like Canton came as a major shock to many across the league, as cities such as Charlotte, Buffalo, Indianapolis, and several others had offers on the table. The reason behind choosing Canton was because it is the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the city had a team named the Bulldogs with the same colors (maroon and white) in the Ohio League from about 1900-1919 and became apart of the NFL in the 1920's.

As for the UFA Canton Pioneers, success hasn't come easy. Through the 80's, the team didn't make a single postseason. However, during the 90's, the team won 4 of the franchise's 5 NORTH division titles, with 3 coming in the early part of the decade. The team would drop off a little, though, as they have won the NORTH title once since the league last expansion in 2004. In the 2013 season, all doubt of them being an elite team was washed away. The team finished the season 97, 3rd in the NORTH, earning the #10 seed in the playoffs. Upsets in the 1st round of @ 7) Baltimore Kings (21-6), 2nd-Round @ 2) Minnesota Tigers (28-9), and a Final Four win in Minnesota vs. 3) Boston Patriots (14-10) lead the team to its first ever American Bowl Championship Game. In the end, the Canton Pioneers went against all odds as an 18-point underdog and overcame a 20-0 deficit at halftime, The Pioneers won their first ever American Bowl title 28-27 over 1) Tampa Bay Hurricanes.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PIONEERS' LOGO

Primary Sets with striping inspired by the Ohio State ProCombat Uniforms:

PioneersPrimarySets_zpsf418a906.png

Alternate Sets with a "gray leather helmet"-like design on the right:

PioneersAlternateSets_zps3947d3d5.png

Wisconsin Knights:

The Wisconsin Knights entered the league through the 1991 expansion. In their time, the team hasn't been the best and are usually inconsistent. This season, the team was 3-3 after 6 weeks of play, but fell apart and ended the season 5-11, 7th in the division and missing the playoffs for the 5th consecutive season. For majority of their existence, the team was known as the Milwaukee Knights but renamed to the Wisconsin Knights in 2001. The name is a play on words, as someone who lives in Wisconsin is known as a Wisconsinite. This season, the Knights are not expected to make the playoffs this year, but they are expected to make an impact on others' playoff chances.

CLICK HERE FOR THE KNIGHT'S LOGO

Primary Sets:

KnightsPrimarySets_zps331773e0.png

Alternate Sets:

KnightsAlternateSets_zps7f38dc80.png

Kansas City Roughnecks

The Kansas City Roughnecks entered the league through the 2004 UFA "Half expansion" (only 4 teams instead of 8). If championships were given out to teams who rebranded or relocated, Kansas City would be the most successful team of all. When the team entered the league, they were located in Pittsburgh. From 2004-2007, the team was known as the Pittsburgh Panthers. n 2008, the team was known as the Pittsburgh Chargers and rebranded once again for the 2012 season in which they were known as the Ironmen. When deciding to relocate, the team found a temporary home in Iowa, playing games at the University of Iowa, Iowa State, and in the Quad Cities area as the Iowa Crop Dusters. Finally the team found a home for at least the next 10 years in Kansas City, MO with O'Reilly Auto Parts as the primary sponsor for the team. The team's color scheme is inspired by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Success wise, the Panthers/Chargers/Ironmen/Crop Dusters/Roughnecks have been the worst team in UFA history, as the team has went a combined 40-120 (avg. 4-12 per season), going 0-16 TWICE, once in 2005 as the Panthers and again in 2009 as the Chargers, being the only team do go winless twice in all of Professional Football. In 2013 while playing games across Iowa, the team went 4-12, 8th in the NORTH, last in the league for the 5th time in franchise history, and earned the #1 draft pick for the 3rd time in franchise history. The future is bright for the Roughnecks, as experts believe that the team finally hit it out of the park with this year's draft picks.

CLICK HERE FOR KC'S LOGO

Primary Sets:

RoughnecksPrimarySets_zpsb15c5558.png

Alternate Sets with a STFSTS (Stormtrooper for stormtrooper's sake) uniform on the right:

RoughnecksAlternateSets_zps25907330.png

THAT WRAPS UP THE UFA! :D

Updates will still come, primarily being logo designs and uniform modifications like the numbers on the back.

As for the Sharks, a new logo was released as well as an announcement with Google (team's primary sponsor)

SharksLogo_zps3a787700.png

The announcement with Google was to enhance the fans' experience at the game. Unfortunately, the experience comes to those who buy Suites for the game, which can cost around $4,000. hose who buy suites can use customized versions of Google Glass to keep track of stats for the SF Sharks players.

For the LA Stars, a logo was leaked by a BleacherReport blogger that is currently labeled as "LA STARS LOGO PROPOSAL" for the time being:

StarsLogoProposal_zpsff7df903.png

Thoughts?

Everything that you've done here is extremely well done, for paint or otherwise.Seems like I missed the new Tigers, who look very nice. I think that I'd say my favourite is Virginia, with Orlando a close 2nd. Orlando is really, a FANTASTIC concept for the jersey, but I think that the logo hurts it a bit. Fix the mouth to make it a bit more skull like and as said before, I'm not crazy about the nose. Great work!

What about the unis for the vipers? I didn't see them

They are being updated. I will post them later. I had the old Alabama logo for them but I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on them. At the moment, I am working on the Alexandria Titans' Logo.

Ok and one other question, how come a lot of teams have either blank helmets or they have the logo on the back incorporated into the stripe? I just counted them and there are 6 teams with their helmets made that way, don't get me wrong I love these, you've done a real good job, I am just curious about those 6 is all.

Ok and one other question, how come a lot of teams have either blank helmets or they have the logo on the back incorporated into the stripe?

A.) As for the blank helmets, on some of the teams, I tried to get an older feel. There are some that will get logos added like San Francisco, Los Angeles, and maybe Chicago and Canton, but others like the older teams (Detroit, for example) will stay.

B.) I'm not sure what you mean by "they have the logo incorporated into the stripe". Are you talking about teams like Chicago, Washington, San Francisco (CHI's and SF's alternate Helmets). If that's what you mean, then its because I feel like it's something different. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that. Mind explaining a little?

Like LA, the stripe on the helmet leads to the logo, same thing with Pittsburgh

Ah, ok. Gotcha. It's just something different I wanted to do. In other words, no real reason. Mainly just for design purposes. LA is in drastic need of an update based on the first one I posted. To me, they look very ZZZZZZZ to me. I'll experiment with the colors, maybe add a third color... ( ;) ) and we'll see. I might also copy the Lakers' color scheme as well

Here are several updates that I whipped up:

Sharks Logo:

SharksLogo_zps97d59705.png

Renegades Logo with team history (full history wasn't posted before):

RenegadesPrimaryLogo_zpsb093a1e5.png

The Renegades entered the league through the 1982 UFA Expansion. For most of the team's existence, they were known as the Orlando Dolphins. At the time, the team was named after the popularity of the Miami Dolphins and no one thought anything of it. But over time, fans began to realize that Orlando is inland and dolphins live in the ocean (plus the franchise hasn't been very successful over the past couple of years). So, the team decided to honor the Seminole tribe and rebranded to the Orlando Renegades, a name also used by a former USFL franchise as well that was based in the city. Success wise, the team has been so-so, winning two division titles (one EAST in the 1990 in the final year of the 2-division format, 1 SOUTH title under the current format in the late 90's) and have won two American Bowl titles, both coming in 1990 (again, the last of the 2-Div. format) and in 2004 (first of 32-team format). In the past decade, the team has racked up a combined record of 82-78. While they are above .500 in that time, they are 5th in the SOUTH because the top 4 in the division (Memphis, Knoxville, Tampa Bay, and Louisiana in that order) all have 97+ wins and are some of the most dangerous teams in the league. In 2013, the team was in the shadows of the division, finishing in a four-way tie for 5th at 7-9, missing the playoffs for the second consecutive season. Going back to 2004, the Renegades became the first team to win the American Bowl without winning their division. They held that title for 9 years before Canton won the title in the 2013 season. This season, the Rens look to get back into the playoffs and are preseason underdogs for the SOUTH title.

Bulldogs Primary and Alternate Sets:

BulldogsPrimarySets_zpsbaaaf1e9.png

BulldogsAlternateSets_zps959dc5c1.png

Updated Vipers Sets:

Primary:

VipersPrimarySets_zpse175f5a4.png

Alts:

VipersAlternateSets_zps56601cf1.png

Logo:

VipersLogo_zpsa3a9385a.png

EDIT: By the way, for some of you newer members who don't know, if you would like to get updates on this series quicker, you can click the "Follow this topic" button. If you click that, you can get emails into your inbox saying that someone has commented on this topic. I use it to see the C+C I get sooner.

Archived