NYCFC Crest Concept

DawgPacPBH

So I've been working on this one for a while, and finally like where its at. I think the design is pretty straight forward, but it took me a while to find a balance between the colors, elements, and shapes.

I know it still comes off a bit vertical, but its NYC...THERES ALOT OF TALL STUFF.

Thoughts? Go.

kEoCBIH.png

jy9U3V5.png

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the general idea as everyone else has said. The bridge does kind of remind me of the Golden Gate. i don't think, however, that you should abandon the bridge idea. I'm assuming that it's meant to represent the Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe something more can be done to make it more closely resemble that structure. What about tweaking the bridge but then also including the skyline in the background in either the light blue or even sublimated navy? It could replace the gold circle in the middle which, in my opinion, just looks out of place.

brooklyn_bridge_new_york.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

Guest darkpiranha

How about paying tribute to the World Trade Center? I'm actually surprised that more NYC logos haven't incorporated it.

You want a sports team to include buildings that were destroyed in a terrorist attack over a decade ago?

Why?

Why? Because they were and still ARE a symbol of New York. Sure, if the logo of them shows them on fire, then yeah, that would be inappropriate. You're just looking at the Towers in the light of victim-hood, rather than the iconic symbols they still represent. The WTC will be like the Titanic. It won't ever just fade away. To make it a symbol of a team would be a great tribute.

How about paying tribute to the World Trade Center? I'm actually surprised that more NYC logos haven't incorporated it.

You want a sports team to include buildings that were destroyed in a terrorist attack over a decade ago?

Why?

Why? Because they were and still ARE a symbol of New York. Sure, if the logo of them shows them on fire, then yeah, that would be inappropriate. You're just looking at the Towers in the light of victim-hood, rather than the iconic symbols they still represent. The WTC will be like the Titanic. It won't ever just fade away. To make it a symbol of a team would be a great tribute.

Mostly just to people who've never actually been to NYC... not the people who actually live there, whom these teams are trying to get to attend their games.

Looks good. I like the use of the Chrysler Building. As for the Brooklyn Bridge, I think using this view would look

the best (but with no netting).

Spiderweb_BB_jeh.jpg

Here you go.

I'd simply copy and paste those gothic shapes (the two openings) in light blue (or maybe dark blue) on the lower part of the crest, on the white background.

Guest darkpiranha

Why? Because they were and still ARE a symbol of New York.

The Twin Towers are only a symbol of New York to people who don't live in New York.

Fair point.

Archived