2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Saw this in the game preview regarding Selanne:

Selanne did not dress against Minnesota as part of an offseason plan designed to ease his workload this season. The Ducks play 14 back-to-back set this season, and Selanne will play one game per set.

How strict are they going to be with this? If there are back-to-backs down the stretch and the Ducks are jockeying for a good playoff position, wouldn't they want to dress their best roster possible?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this in the game preview regarding Selanne:

Selanne did not dress against Minnesota as part of an offseason plan designed to ease his workload this season. The Ducks play 14 back-to-back set this season, and Selanne will play one game per set.

How strict are they going to be with this? If there are back-to-backs down the stretch and the Ducks are jockeying for a good playoff position, wouldn't they want to dress their best roster possible?

Probably not letter of the law strict. I assume if that were the scenario, Teemu would be playing. (And plus it's not like Teemu would have anything to lose at that point. It's the end of the line, he'll put everything he has on the ice.) But for the first halfish of the season, I expect that to stay the case.

After the Olympic Break, they only have four sets of back-to-backs. (March 14 @ Colorado/March 15 @ LA, March 28 @ Edmonton/March 29 @ Vancouver, April 6 @ Edmonton/April 7 @ Vancouver, and the final two games of the season April 12 @ LA/April 13 vs Colorado) And so, it really depends on how it shakes out. If Colorado and Edmonton sink to the back of the pack, then maybe you expect the Ducks to win those games even without Teemu and you keep him in for the playoff jockeying against Los Angeles and Vancouver. And that final back-to-back would have travel negated as it'd be LA then home, and he's not not going to play in the final home game. And maybe by then, splitting the previous 10 back to backs works and he's rested, but you throw the Olympics in there too, so who knows.

It's really just going to depend on how Teemu is feeling/playing and what Boudreau is seeing from him. Boudreau sat Teemu down a couple back to backs at the end of last year against Teemu's protest because Boudreau didn't think he was playing well (he wasn't).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wait, you mean to tell me that Selanne actually has physical limitations? I was under the distinct impression that he was some unstoppable Finnish Superman.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Quite the gaffe by Bogosian gives Perry a goal and the Ducks the win. Poor guy whiffed and then faceplanted.

Truly an epic whiff on Bogo's part. Puck flutters to a wide open Corey Perry 5 feet in front of Pavelec and shelfs it.

A gift of a goal, but it's good to see Perry finally end up on the score sheet. (He was nearing 10ish games without scoring going back to last season and the playoffs.) And a nice last sendoff by the Winnipeg crowd for Teemu. Not nearly what he got the first time back in 2011, but still pretty awesome.

Ducks got better in every game they played on this opening road trip. (I guess it's easy to say that after that Colorado debacle, but I think they got better as that game went along too. They've gotten better especially defensively after that brain fart as well.) New additions Silfverberg and Perrault with impressive openings. Win both games on the season's first back-to-back. Winning two of three on a roadie is a success. Back home for the Rangers on Thursday and the Bobby Ryan Homecoming/Mighty Ducks Night on Sunday. Can't wait.

Hedley is going to have the best sex of his life watching that Bogosian gif.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hope someone youtubed Bogosian's screwup so that HedleyLamarr can spank to it. That was just horrid. Nevertheless, the Ducks outplayed the Jets pretty thoroughly, though the goals the Jets had were both nice ones.

EDIT: lol!

I hope someone youtubed Bogosian's screwup so that HedleyLamarr can spank to it. That was just horrid. Nevertheless, the Ducks outplayed the Jets pretty thoroughly, though the goals the Jets had were both nice ones.

One was nice. That little deflection as Fasth reached for the wide shot. The second goal, the big deflection off the boards/glass and out the other side, kinda quirky. And I didn't realize how active Winnipeg's endboards are, jeez. Almost worse than Detroit's.

One was nice. That little deflection as Fasth reached for the wide shot. The second goal, the big deflection off the boards/glass and out the other side, kinda quirky. And I didn't realize how active Winnipeg's endboards are, jeez. Almost worse than Detroit's.

So I heard on twitter that the Jets crowd was chanting "Hiller" tonight, even though Fasth was in goal. Turns out it was Viktor instead for Fasth.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

So I heard on twitter that the Jets crowd was chanting "Hiller" tonight, even though Fasth was in goal. Turns out it was Viktor instead for Fasth.

I thought it was "Hiller" at first too. It wasn't that loud in the beginning so it just sounded like "ehhhhhhhh-errrrrrrrr", and after the Jets scored, I finally made out the "Viktor", which would probably sound better than "Fahhhhhstttttttth".

Whenever I read his name, I pronounce in my head as "Foshed." It's a good thing I never find myself discussing the Anaheim Ducks away from a keyboard; I'd make an ass of myself!

Archived