2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Vancouver added lights to their stanchions:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF

Get outta here with that Vancouver. Man do I hate that.

Behind the scenes video on them:

I know it's the Canucks, but I like that a lot. My only complaint is that I would have kept it more to just Canucks colors, rather than the LED rainbow, like a teenger that just built their first computer.

They say "Doty" and "Kopidor" on the back, then, right?

Always found it interesting that the L.A. Kings stole their color schemes from other teams with some commonality, whether teams also in Los Angeles or a team also named the Kings. Now here comes oddball to say something about how I'm an idiot and Jack Kent Cooke and doctors who save lives.

They took their colors from the Raiders, but did they also really take their colors from the Sacramento Kings? I thought they just adopted colors that were coincidentally used by another team.

They say "Doty" and "Kopidor" on the back, then, right?

Always found it interesting that the L.A. Kings stole their color schemes from other teams with some commonality, whether teams also in Los Angeles or a team also named the Kings. Now here comes oddball to say something about how I'm an idiot and Jack Kent Cooke and doctors who save lives.

They took their colors from the Raiders, but did they also really take their colors from the Sacramento Kings? I thought they just adopted colors that were coincidentally used by another team.

Rangers beat the Kings in the home opener, 3-1. And Rick Nash cherry-picks an empty netter in the closing seconds.

Though I'm not that upset about it for some reason...

Yes, we know the Dodgers won.

youdontsay.png

Anyway, now that I'm all settled in the baseball realm, I got to take a look at the Kings-Rangers highlights...and boy are they more face-palming than I thought.

I especially point this at Quick, who did his best at mimicking Martin Brodeour, ala the 2003 Cup Final series. Fortunately, it's only the 3rd game of an 82-game grind. It's not like the error was that bad.

So Vancouver added lights to their stanchions:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF

Get outta here with that Vancouver. Man do I hate that.

I'm surprised the NHL even allows that.

If they don't...well, I'm sure after this year that'll change.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

With the whole broken quote thing, I presumed it was admiral that had posted the "OH FOR THE LOVE OF", because he hates everything.

I hate it, too, though. Yikes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived