2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

I think it's pretty neat too and I'm surprised teams hadn't started doing it sooner.

I'd imagine the arenas with multiple tenants couldn't do this.

The glass already goes up and down many times, I'd imagine. I don't think it'd make too much difference.

It does when you have manually place those lights in each glass-support stanchion. All depends on how long it takes to install these things in the arena.

Aside from the nets placed behind each goal (this process can be done after morning skate), the ice, boards, and glass supports have to be ready by 9am on game day. Home team has their morning skate at 10am, visiting team at 11:15am.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be attending my first NHL game on November 2nd: Islanders vs. Bruins at Nassau Coliseum. Should be exciting considering the Islanders are looking like a playoff team and the Bruins always have a solid squad.

Any comments on what to expect from a game at Nassau Coliseum or an NHL hockey game in general?

25yzwqg.png

I'll be attending my first NHL game on November 2nd: Islanders vs. Bruins at Nassau Coliseum. Should be exciting considering the Islanders are looking like a playoff team and the Bruins always have a solid squad.

Any comments on what to expect from a game at Nassau Coliseum or an NHL hockey game in general?

The Coliseum is a great place to watch a hockey game, but not a great place to do much else. You might want to eat before you get there since the food is pretty bad. Shake Shack, The Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's and more are on nearby Old Country Road (Google Maps says 5-8 minutes away by car). I think a Noodles and Company also opened up near Shake Shack, but I haven't been there yet. Roosevelt Field (mall) is also close, and I'm sure there are other fast-food and casual places nearby.

I'm always cold at the Coliseum (and every other hockey arena I've been too) so you might want to dress in layers. Or maybe I am just a baby and can't handle it.

Since it's the Bruins, I'd expect a large crowd including many Bruins fans. You might want to give yourself an extra few minutes.

Blues will win on a last minute goal, so really the whole theme of tonight seems to be St. Louis sticking both its middle fingers in the direction of Chicago.

The Blues won a close game that was hard fought the entire way, just got a lucky break and converted. The Cardinals are a totally different kind of monster.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blues will win on a last minute goal, so really the whole theme of tonight seems to be St. Louis sticking both its middle fingers in the direction of Chicago.

The Blues won a close game that was hard fought the entire way, just got a lucky break and converted. The Cardinals are a totally different kind of monster.

Oh yeah. The Blues are easy pickings for any good team (or the Kings) in the playoffs.

The Cardinals will be 8-1 in elimination games since 2011 in about two seconds.

spacer.png

Brad Stuart suspended for 3 games. It seems a little harsh to me. Watching the video about it on the NHL site, I thought it would be 1 or 2 games, and I think 3 is too many.

Well, I'd say any illegal check nowadays that warrants a suspension is going to be a minimum of three games.

I hope Nash is okay. It didn't look that bad, but obviously it was, since he didn't return.

In addition, what is the point of telling us how much $$ he's forfeiting by being suspended? While donating it means he doesn't see it, to me it's just...ugh. I mean while I'm glad they NHL donates the funds, but I don't need to be reminded every time a player is suspended.

My girlfriend wants to bang my Be A Pro in NHL 14, which kind of bothers me since not only isn't he real but he also currently plays for the IceHogs.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My girlfriend wants to bang my Be A Pro in NHL 14, which kind of bothers me since not only isn't he real but he also currently plays for the IceHogs.

Still? What the hell did he do? Knock over one of the Wirtz's liquor stores?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived