Funky Bunky

2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Sodboy13    2,641

My girlfriend wants to bang my Be A Pro in NHL 14, which kind of bothers me since not only isn't he real but he also currently plays for the IceHogs.

I sense a Date Night at Taco Bell in your near future.

zpqmaowl    417

My girlfriend wants to bang my Be A Pro in NHL 14, which kind of bothers me since not only isn't he real but he also currently plays for the IceHogs.

xnUeN3p.png

CS85    5,399

xnUeN3p.png

Baja_blast_good.jpg

What's more romantic than that?

rams80    2,896

xnUeN3p.png

Seriously?

Sometimes you make it too easy Rockford.

The Coliseum is a great place to watch a hockey game, but not a great place to do much else. You might want to eat before you get there since the food is pretty bad. Shake Shack, The Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's and more are on nearby Old Country Road (Google Maps says 5-8 minutes away by car). I think a Noodles and Company also opened up near Shake Shack, but I haven't been there yet. Roosevelt Field (mall) is also close, and I'm sure there are other fast-food and casual places nearby.

I'm always cold at the Coliseum (and every other hockey arena I've been too) so you might want to dress in layers. Or maybe I am just a baby and can't handle it.

Since it's the Bruins, I'd expect a large crowd including many Bruins fans. You might want to give yourself an extra few minutes.

If you're sitting up high, you can definitely get by with only a t-shirt and shorts, but if you're a kinda close to the ice, I'd wear a jacket/jersey.

Thanks for the info, guys, I'll definitely take heed of your advice.

monkeypower    656

What do you guys think of the Flames, do you think they're for real?

Personally, I don't think they'll keep up this pace and end up falling back towards the bottom of the standings, but won't be as bad as we all thought.

Alex Houston    187

Wait, the Sharks have puck bunnies??

tomas-hertl-puck-bunnies.jpg

Who knew...

Hmm. Should I think they're cute, since I'm likely a decade older than them? Or should I just keep walking by like Abe Simpson when he walks into the burlesque house?

the admiral    10,664

After years of calling the Sharks an organization that jerks itself off too much, we're really through the looking glass on this one.

Funky Bunky    162

Wait, the Sharks have puck bunnies??

tomas-hertl-puck-bunnies.jpg

Who knew...

Hmm. Should I think they're cute, since I'm likely a decade older than them? Or should I just keep walking by like Abe Simpson when he walks into the burlesque house?

I'm a sucker for daywalkers.

HedleyLamarr    1,387

Getting to watch hockey for the first time since getting home from vacation.....in action, these Hurricanes road jerseys look so much like Phoenix.

About the only good about this hybrid icing call is that it speeds up the game a little on those icings where there's no race for the puck.

the admiral    10,664

Yeah, I appreciate that part, but my eyes still can't get used to the fact that there's not really an event happening that triggers the whistle. Yeah, it's supposed to be getting to the faceoff dots, but sometimes the whistle blows a little before, or a little after, and the whole thing just feels unnervingly ad hoc for a line call.

Squeaks4    0

Watching the start of the Phx/Det game and there are quite a few empty seats in the 'Joe' tonight. Looks like it's time to move the Red Wings to Canada!

Clayton Stoner just tried to fight Byfuglien...from his (Stoner's) back.

the admiral    10,664

I know it's early and he's young and there are a lot of factors outside his control, but Jacob Markstrom miiiight be bad.

And yeah, the Sabres are awful. There's just nothing there. Nothing.

The Lightning are routinely awful, but it does warm my heart a little to know that the Lightning are the best team in the state of Florida.

What a sad state of affairs here. 1996 is the only time in 20 years when both Floridian teams were playoff teams.